It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wonders of technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Aimi Eguchi is the newest member of the band AKB48 and it's surprising that the techno-savvy Japanese fans couldn't pick that she is all CG!!

Hi there ATS, Not sure if people know about this or not, but it shocked me when I read about it and I consider myself a bit of a techno-geek.

Did a search and didn't find anything about this in here so I'll put it up here for those that may have missed reading it when it hit the web.

This video shows some new famous Japanese pop-star that is all CG...

The people in charge of the pop band decided to take the best attributes of each of the 6 members of the band and combine them to make one extra "super" member. They even organised fake photo shoot footage and had the fans all believing that she was legit... well up until recently that is.

I still can't get over just how realistic 3d software has become, to be able to produce such a realistic looking girl and have the technology savvy population of Japan fooled.. amazing.

If this level of CG can be achieved, it makes me start to really question anything that we see in the media. Is there any way we can truely know what is real and what is not anymore?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If a CG Singer gets stalkers like other celebrities do... Who do they stalk... The computer that made them, or the person that programmed her into existence?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxCavalera

This shows kind of how they did it:

Reminds of the movie Weird Science:

edit on 1-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Ahh interesting, so they just did a video composite morph ... and all this time I thought it was full 3d rendered CG. Great post, very insightful thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is like the 3rd or 4th post on this same topic today.

Guess it's not showing up in the search feature.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
This is like the 3rd or 4th post on this same topic today.

Guess it's not showing up in the search feature.
hmm i did searches and nothing came up for it.. unless there is some special way you are meant to do a topic search to ensure it's not already posted... I just thought you'd type in keywords and hit the search button

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Amazing technology,soon actors won't need to be in adverts just do a couple hour body scan & thats it,it's als very scary,i didn't read the thread intro just went straight to the video,then read about it,interesting times ahead for cg related tv.

new topics

top topics

join