It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does everyone realize these sites, blogs, and social media networks are all part of the plan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is needless to say my first post here on ATS, and while I'm not too sure that all of the necessary keywords will drive in the lead traffic that is desired, then so be it...

This is not negatively directed to any one person or corporation, but more so a common theme amongst which can only best be described as " this day and age."

All of these sites, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, GLP, ATS, you name it, they are all but one thing from many.

They are all designed to acquire data, to best suit and target their markets...

Even though they serve as a way of electronic mass communication, for "creative thinking," these sites are essentially a funnel of words, ideas, and data, designed to make the most out of each pixel, and each page.

All of these sites will have people (including my thread and previous and also future posts) they will all carry a piece and multiple metrics of marketable data...

These sites, if marketed properly, are all designed to use sequential metrics, and use as well predictive analytical data to get the most out of each page, and a person's likes such as, wants, needs, political affiliation, religious background the list goes on and on...

All of these sites too have underlying permeability to people's psyche as well as the purpose of the sites are to quell and "herd" the masses of marketable people out there, and have the general populace easily manipulated into giving all of this info over freely about yourselves and your opinions and anything else that can be extracted from you all by "venting brainwaves" so to speak on these sites...

Even right now as I am typing this, I am not privy to any secret "conspiratorial" knowledge or even immune in any way to the effects of what these site's all have in common...

These sites have other subversive effects to all that use them, and that is creation of division of thought and THEN to create the ever provincial funneling and as old as time in itself the essential nature of duality...

Pepsi or Coke? color= blue or red
Democrats or Republican? color= blue or red
Directv or Dish? color= blue or red
Political candidate A or B color= blue or red

Also as in do you agree with my statements or disagree?
Or will there be some off tangent post in this thread that will cause more division between us all and thus never getting anything accomplished by any unity in thought?

This should be common knowledge to all, and that is the reason for the posting of this information...

In simpler and much funnier terms this is Marketing 101 by the underpants gnomes (southpark reference for humor purposes)

Phase 1- gather private info (steal underpants)
Phase 2- ??? (confuse the heck out of everyone so as to create two separate factions, divide. (you get the point, or don't you?)

Phase 3- PROFIT (this doesn't always necessarily always mean monetarily, because power too, in their eyes is very profitable to them)

So in summation, the ptb (they dont deserve capital letters
use the same venues and sales and marketing tactics as your everyday site, blog, and social media network, to make PROFIT, both monetarily and for power.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Kamesan because: 4 am spelling of the word info accidentally with a t instead of an f

edit on 1-7-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

I think what you posted in your OP is common knowledge or should be if it is'nt!...So I will s&f as you make good points!
And without being off topic it may be worth noting the amount of Law suits, prosecutions and convictions being brought about via twitter and facebook!
I think there is a lot more to these sites than just marketing!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Is it by force ?Just turn your PC off
edit on 1-7-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
the plan will only work if the people are unable to decide for themselves whether or not they need a double cheeseburger with popular drink.If you have trouble resisting the temptation then switch off.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I really dont like social networking sites... i personally feel they help generate a narcissistic society of shallow materialistic twerps.

I have lost friends to facebook. Instead of the usual long chats on the phone and face to face visits I am getting... "Speak to me on face book"

I did open an account but found that many people seem more interested in collecting stats and minor tweet style chit chat rather than any meaningful conversation. People seem to add anyone, who they have had the smallest of contacts with, to their friends list in a vain attempt to appear popular.

And it’s so time consuming... A phone call to establish how someone is doing can take minutes and have far deeper content than 3 weeks of bouncing pointless one liner messages backwards and forwards on facecrook.

I have now given up on anyone who wants my friendship with them to be conducted over facecrook.

One of the most important parts of being a human is that of social interaction. Social interaction should include the tactile elements, such as a handshake, hug or kiss. It should include the visual elements such as eye contact and facial expressions. It’s should include audio elements so you can gather the tone of someone’s voice.

To ignore all of these senses in favour of reading a few pointless one liners from a glowing screen, and an army of friends who you have never said more than five words to, is dehumanising in my opinion.

Personally i would rather have one good real life friend than a thousand facecrook "friends"

Peace

edit on 1-7-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Is it by force ?Just turn your PC off

Were you forced to read the OP??

Yet you choose to comment on it

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

Nice job on your first thread. Also a
for the underpants gnomes reference.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Just telling that no conspiracy here ...this is a distraction from real conspiracies

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Just telling that no conspiracy here ...this is a distraction from real conspiracies

So you don’t think that there is any possibility of a conspiracy behind these massive database's that can keep track of not just your personal information such as DOB, Address, Race, sexuality etc... but also your personal habits like, friends, political leanings and general thoughts on issues?

You think that there is absolutely no chance that this information could be used for inappropriate things without peoples knowledge or consent??

They may be no solid proof that these sites are misused in this way, however, i can see no solid proof for 90% of the conspiracy theories posted on this site. That’s why they are conspiracy theories and not conspiracy facts.

I personally believe that there is a high chance that they will be misused in the future as a means of control. (If they are not already being misused)

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

They can abuse your data from passports,social security numbers,birth sertificates , mobile phones, cars , gps etc etc..THEY dont need facebook to KNOW who are you and where are you .They already know that ! This is a only a distraction.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

They can abuse your data from passports,social security numbers,birth sertificates , mobile phones, cars , gps etc etc..THEY dont need facebook to KNOW who are you and where are you .They already know that ! This is a only a distraction.

That doesn’t answer my questions or address the points i raised.

You stated that there is no conspiracy here... if your only argument to back up that statement is "they already have ways of doing this" then I’m afraid it’s a little weak. (sorry thats not meant to be rude but cant think of a better way of saying it)

Governments could kill people with bow and arrows but it didn’t stop the invention of the cannon, and the cannon didn’t stop the invention of the missile.

Facebook, and other similar sites, are improvements on data collection tools already used. Just like the cannon was an improvement on killing methods at the time. In my opinion.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Sorry but you are not very well informed ... you need to research a little bit more ... Facebook , Twitter , and blog sites are here only 10-20 years ...THEY owe you more time than that

I hope this short video helps you and navigate you in the right direction

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

You're showing illuminati disinfo to try prove what?

This is an excellent first thread, just saying how it is.

There's another aspect that i'm beginning to discover, that of mobile devices. Aside from the fact that next to the TSA machines it's the biggest cancer causer available today, and everyone is asking for one, and carrying it everywhere on them, including in cars, where the metal actively reflects the signals back into the car, effectively creating a mini microwave oven.

The social aspect is frightening, the wife was laughing at some old photos someone had put up, and tried telling me how great facebook was because of that. I explained that in the old days, we would have seen the photos first hand if we visited the friend, but we don't because we both agree he's an idiot. Where's the UP side?

I agree entirely that the goal is invasive, and we've just seen mobile devices outnumber fixed internet connections. They are now able to track you realtime, collect data on what you do or don't like, find out everything that appears online to do with you (facial profiling is the worst imho, you can be tagged in a 20 year old photo without being aware of it, and you can never remove the connection).

It's not about what you buy anymore, it's about getting inside your head, and being able to understand you better than you understand yourself, if you're an average joe with his head in the "clouds".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Was this thread part of the plan?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I agree with everything you said Muckster,

I have a face book account, but seldom say anything, now I see I have to have twenty friends to increase my land on farmville,

So I am going to prolly have to make twenty accounts,

what a world.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

The social aspect is frightening, the wife was laughing at some old photos someone had put up, and tried telling me how great facebook was because of that. I explained that in the old days, we would have seen the photos first hand if we visited the friend,

It is sad, and I hate texting, my daughter hates talking on the phone,

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Seriously, of the people here, who's life is that interesting enough to garner that much attention?
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to the Recon Satellite Command Information Center.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

List of virtual communities with more than 100 million users
en.wikipedia.org...
List of 50 social media networks
en.wikipedia.org...

Are they all part of plan ?

If you dont like social networks dont join them ..if you dont like developing of internet and technology go in a cave

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
ATS as an example for some sites, says don't post personal information, unlike what social sites are all about. Different in that way yet stuff can still be used against you if need be as more court systems are using internet searches, email and im convo to jobs using Facebook to determine if your employment eligible, etc.
Advertising is plan one, in United States of Corporate Republic, as we are the consumer.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well then do what you can to NOT be part of the plan.
For example, use ad filters in your browser.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join