It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Old Man's Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I have had a lot of experiences with the paranormal through out the years, but this one seemed even interesting to me, so I would like to share this experience that happened to me last week. I was spending the night at a coworker's home, who is also a good friend of mine (My husband had the night shift). Her son and husband were out of town visiting the grandparents, so we had the apartment to ourselves, and decided to invite some of our friends and have a girls night in.

After everyone had left around 1 a.m. We decided to go to sleep. I slept in her 4 year old son's room. Although I offered to sleep on the couch, she insisted, she change the bedsheets for me, and I sleep in her son's room.

When I was getting ready for bed, I kept having the feeling of being watched, and sensed that I was not alone, I knew there was something with me in that room. I turned off the lights, and went to bed to wait and see what happens. After a few minutes I saw a mist form in the shape of a body. Inside the mist were uncountable amounts of tiny white sparkly lights, so I knew whoever this spirit was, it was not one of the 'bad guys'. I got a vision with my third eye that it was the spirit of an old man, who had lived here before. I asked him if he had anything to say, but nothing happened, so after a while I fell asleep.
I kept waking up throughout the night, because the spirit kept coming back and just watching me. I sensed it didn't actually have anything to say, it was just being curious.

When I had coffee and doughnuts with Mary the next day, I told her that I didn't get enough sleep last night, because the spirit of an old man kept visiting me.

She then apologized to me, and said that she put me in that room on purpose because she had always sensed that something was watching her, whenever she went to that room. Then she told me how her 4 year old son keeps talking to himself in the room. He said he talks to his new friend. She asked him who he was talking to and he said, an old man named Abu Ezzedine, who lived here before, and who likes to come and watch him sleep. He also said that he sometimes sees Abu E. go to his mommy's room and watch them too.

It turned out that not the previous owner, but the owner before that was an old man named something Ezzedine, and he died in that apartment. Her son is not afraid of this spirit, and he said he likes to play with him.

My friend asked me if she should be worried, she asked me whether this spirit was good or bad, but I told her that I didn't sense anything bad or wrong about him, just a spirit who looks after her son. I told her not to worry, that as her son gets older, he probably won't see Abu E. anymore, and that then this spirit will probably move on.

So in the end my friend had it confirmed by me that yes, there was a spirit there, no, her son is not crazy, and she isn't imaging things either. I just wished she would have told me to prepare myself for a sleepless night.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
yikes, I would have been a bit freaked out. Did the old spirit ever respond to you words or movements?

2nd

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
No, he never said anything, he just kept coming back all night. I'm guessing he was surprised to see me sleeping there instead of her son.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

That was a great story, I love the idea of helpful spirits in houses. It's like it brings them joy to be a part of the household.

Your story reminds me of something that I've always found interesting about ghosts and the paranormal. I find the idea of ghosts and spirits to be much creepier than the actual experience of witnessing paranormal activity.

When I would hear footsteps and other unexplainable sounds in my old house growing up, I was never creeped out. It was like a primitive part of my brain just wouldn't believe that it was happening. Though reading about the apparition in your story definitely made me feel uneasy when I imagined myself in your situation.

Thanks a lot for the read, I found it refreshing.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Your welcome

Now thinking back, it is actually funny. Their couch can be pulled out like a bed, and she was so adamant that I sleep in her son's room. She was really setting me up there. I've told her before about my previous experiences with the paranormal, and I think this was her way of seeking help. If she would have told me about the spirit, I'm not sure I would have slept in that room, wait, I'm pretty darn sure I wouldn't have slept there.

And before anyone says: " wait, you guys had a girls night in, you must have had some adult beverages to drink.'
Her, and her family are from a religion that is against drinking they call it 'haraam'- 'very bad', and our friends or I would never think of disrespecting that when we are visiting her.

top topics

join