It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya risks extremism if war dosent end very soon: World Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

TUNIS (Reuters) - A protracted struggle for Libya could leave it in the hands of extremists instead of the liberal economic technocrats who now lead its rebel movement, the World Bank's representative for Libya said on Thursday.

"In three months we could be dealing with extremists. That's why time is very important in this conflict, before we face problems in managing it."

The rebellion, which began with an uprising in February and has been backed by Western air strikes since March, has so far failed to dislodge Gaddafi, raising pressure on Western countries to take more decisive action.

So the world bank is saying the battle in Libya must finish soon..........or else.......

They say 3 months time until we could be facing extremists. Anyone else think the Bank is telling us to invade already?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Of course they are saying that dont you get it, they will say anything to justify war...extremeism, dont make me laugh.. the usa is a little extreme dont you think?
edit on 1-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by buni11687

Of course they are saying that dont you get it, they will say anything to justify war...extremeism, dont make me laugh.. the usa is a little extreme dont you think?
edit on 1-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

A little?

Are you kidding me?

Killing civilians in the name of protecting civilians, if that is not way over the top extremism then I absolutely am ignorant of what extremism means.

That's is like Obama bin Laden bombing the heck out of Twin bin Towers in the name of protecting civilians.

ETA:

Twin bin Towers --> hahahahaha
LOL, just re-read my comment and cracked up

edit on 1-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Perhaps it also helps shed a little light, for the uninformed, about just who makes the decisions. Should the West start to crash in there then it merely confirms what many of us believe about who the real decision makers are. It sure as hell aint our votes.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Yes I agree it is way above extreme..

top topics

join