It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sheriff Doing His Duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Finally an elected official who won't sell the people out for federal funding and will actually protect them from federal harassment! We could certainly use a lot more like this guy.

On June 14, 2011, "We The People" of Grant County, Oregon, gathered together in the Union High School Gymnasium to support their Sheriff. The reason they did so, was to listen to me give my presentation on the power of sheriffs and the duty they have to uphold and defend the Constitution. But more important than coming to hear me, these good people came to express their appreciation for their sheriff. You see, their Sheriff, Glenn Palmer, actually believes it's his job to keep his Oath of Office! He actually believes that protecting the people from the enforcement of stupid laws and out of control government officials is his responsibility. So much so that he has put himself on the line, subjected himself to the scrutiny and ridicule of the mainstream establishment, as he courageously stands against the U S Forest Service!...

...You are aware that I had sent at least two requests to the US Forest Service asking for information that pertains to where the US Forest Service gets its Constitutional authority to have law enforcement officers within Grant County.

libertynewsradio.com...

edit on 1-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You know a Sheriff spends a huge part of his time worrying with quotas and fedral funding...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
He may be the Sheriff but whose the Mayor? Mayor is going to throw him out of job and quick, and the next one in line will take his place. Or, is this kind of like an "Eureka" town?
edit on 1-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
He may be the Sheriff but whose the Mayor? Mayor is going to throw him out of job and quick, and the next one in line will take his place. Or, is this kind of like an "Eureka" town?

The Sheriff is elected by the people the Mayor cannot throw him out of office or tell him what to do. This Sheriff is exercising his proper authority as he should. Would that more Sheriffs were like this one we could stop federal tyranny in it tracks!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Manhater

The Sheriff is elected by the people the Mayor cannot throw him out of office or tell him what to do. This Sheriff is exercising his proper authority as he should. Would that more Sheriffs were like this one we could stop federal tyranny in it tracks!

Oh, ok, I get it now. Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thank God for people like this,We need people in position(and that have the balls) that have a conscious to do whats needed to uphold the Constitution.Maybe Ron Paul is rubbing off on the people of America.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You guys have a lot of National Forest in your County. What's your Sheriff's beef with National Forest LEO's? Have they been harassing locals or something?

top topics

join