It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rookie Local Cop Saves Life Of 1-Year-Old Girl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
im having trouble finding the article can somebody show me where it is? id like to see how he saved the little girls life. thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah ! Check this guy out!

Just click on (you tube link ) under the vid.
I don't think this is the same OP. But it provides some atmosphere.
Definetly a good cop.
edit on 1-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

If I were her parents she would grow up knowing him.

edit on 1-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Let me try

In ten year this cop will be involved with a routine traffic stop. All of a sudden the
Officer being praised here will grab the driver by the hair and knOck all the teeth out, then the cop will laugh,
Toss lighter fluid on the driver and charbroil the person for fun, with a smile, while
Singing In Bloom with a Filipino accent. The dog in the back seat will be dropped kicked
Onto a festering pool of AIDS blood cut with molten lava. ATS will report on the matter and
Foaming members, will Fail to disclose who will attempt to keep law and order in society in lui
Of the disgusting humanity in question!

edit on 1-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

That's pretty good. See any other futures nobody asked you about ?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

THIS is what being a cop is all about.

Here at least, I'll put my money on a cop being a good guy rather than the later. I work around these people almost daily. They have the same issues as we do. Some are conspiracy junkies and others are MSM blinded.

The bunch that I work around, were they to even CONSIDER some of the things that these other POS's have done, Our Cheif would kick MAJOR ASS'S!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
dont let one cop who hasnt yet been fully brainwashed into being a agitated bully trick you into thinking they are all nice guys

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
S + F for a thread showing what cops should really be doing and not abusing their power. Thank you, OP.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Yeah, well who wouldnt help a infant in need. Even gorillas will protect young Humans.

Sheep dogs patrol for free.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
a good cop

TEMPLE (June 28, 2011)—Rookie Temple Police Officer Jacob Tatum who was on his third day on the job, is credited with saving the life of a 1-year-old girl who was choking on a barrette.

Well played officer.

I've seen quite a bit of bad cop threads lately, and see a continuous rebuttal for good points.It's a fair argument to say that only focusing on the bad gives the wrong impression so I present one good. Take this as a form of balance, but remember that good stories don't lead the news.

Now when the next bad cop thread appears let it not be said that all cops are like that.

Remember though that in comparison to this fine young officer the abusers of power look even more degenerate. This is why I do this, so that we have a measure.

Amazing. One cop did the job he wanted to do and gets paid to do. I do not throw my mailman a party for getting the mail in the slot and I see no reason to get excited over one cop doing his job.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
F'd and the S.

As much as we hear about police officers with alpha complexes on these boards, it's refreshing to hear a good story from time to time.

We have to remember ... there are a LOT of good cops out there. Granted, the majority of them (in my experience) do have superiority complexes, but there are those that are just like most of us. They want to do the right thing for all the right reasons. I even happen to know a couple of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko For every jerk cop, there's a hero.
It's a 1:1 ratio?

Originally posted by Xcathdra There are also some very worthless civilians
Is that a good way to think if you're a LEO?

Originally posted by Xcathdra A problem that permeates all sectors of professions and not just law enforcement.
Surely you can see the difference between a corrupt legal system and a corrupt corporation. There is no excuse for the excuses. The good LEO's must band together and act NOW to expose the bad LEO's and departments.

Originally posted by Lightrule But you know what I shouldn't be seeing? Is those same people turning around into a good cop thread and trying to post negative comments about bad cops.
This thread should be entitled "LEO Does His Job." How is that a thread for ATS?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
The link to the main article doesn't work for some reason. Now, as far as I can tell the cop saves a 1 year old? I'm not trying to diminish the good deed he has done, but I'm relatively positive that even a "bad" cop would try to save a 1-year-old under such circumstances. However there seems to be a threshold, an age limit, where "bad" cops step over the bounds in dealing with civilians. Saving a 1-year-old is great; but tazing a 20-year-old who's not even drunk and paralyzing him for life, tazing and beating the pulp out of a 17-year-old mentally handicapped kid because he couldn't speak correctly, and arresting/destroying video evidence of a guy filming from his own property, doesn't level things out. Simply put, there just needs to be less reports overall of the brutality/abuse/corruption we're seeing; and although this story is uplifting in and of itself, it doesn't really soften the blow for all the other incidents occurring right now.

But I see your point and it's one I was already well aware of: there are still many good cops.

The link takes you to the news station's site. Type "Jacob Tatum" in the serach box and click the search button. it will take you to the video of the news story and there will be a link to the story.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Unfortunately, I cannot see the original article; it appears to be gone already.

So, did he perform Heimlich via Taser induced involuntary muscle contractions, or did he use the standard police technique of repeated blows to the abdomen with his asp (baton)? Did he arrest her for self-inflicted injury, or just her parents for neglect?

Inquiring minds want to know…

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Was his only 3rd day on the force and he saved a life im glad he did, but it wont take him long especailly with his co-workers to come around like all the others

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I love the posts on this thread.

"In ten years...."

Yeah, whatever. Predict the future much?

How about this prediction? In ten years, most of the yahoos that are posting the negative crap on this thread will still be living in their mom's basement.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
How about this prediction? In ten years, most of the yahoos that are posting the negative crap on this thread will still be living in their mom's basement.

I'm a yahoo posting negative cop stuff on this board and my mom's been dead for years and my house doesn't even have a basement.
I've had a lot of really negative experiences with police- and only one 'helpful' experience with a cop before. It was once when my mother who was a nurse gave a huge nonverbal lady an enema and the home health agency we worked for had forgot to tell her she could not walk. So mom gave her the enema and got her up and she fell down. Mom called me to help but this woman was a 500 pound plus one and so we called the agency and they told us to call 911 for help. Oh they were not happy to help AT ALL- AT ALL - but they did.
edit on 1-7-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive post about "cop" relations. I've been on the good and bad end of the stick. Like with anything, religion, politics, always a dark and light side to the force. Unfortunately most of the time, dark sells so that's what we're informed about more frequently.

Not all law enforcement figures are out to get you. Have a relative whose a Sheriff in Los Angeles. Most by the book guy about EVERYTHING. He's saved lives, arrested people, but knows how to react to the appropriate situation. That's hopefully why he'll be a Captain shortly.

As a society, we should judge politicians,law officers, anyone with any amount of power to a higher standard, because that's why they're there. For OUR benefit for societies outcomes and judgements.

YOu

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
FOR EVERY BAD COP THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF GOOD ONES ..Thugs get what they deserve..Jail
Most cops have the same things we do ..home ,family ,hopes and dreams...mainly they just want to go home ..Alive each night .

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
that's a good job Officer !

i hope he keeps up the good work in the future.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hardly even a police officer yet, he's still human. Give it time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join