It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rookie Local Cop Saves Life Of 1-Year-Old Girl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

As a fairly young black man, I can honestly say i've never really had an experience with "bad cops" Everytime I got pulled over I was speeding, most usually let me go, even when I had warrants for moving violations, a couple may have been dicks, but for the most part my experience has not been too bad. They were just doing their job, and this is in Texas. But I will not deny there are some worthles bastards on the police force always looking to f8ck someones days up

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There are also some very worthless civilians whose only goal is do to what they can to break the law and blame everyone else for their actions.

As well as those who hate the police so much that their blind hatred of the cops clouds their vision to the extent of seeing evil and conspiracies at every corner while dismissing anything good and offering some hypothetical reasons as to why that hatred should continue into a future that has not been written yet.

Ironic.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

As well as those who hate the police so much that their blind hatred of the cops clouds their vision to the extent of seeing evil and conspiracies at every corner while dismissing anything good and offering some hypothetical reasons as to why that hatred should continue into a future that has not been written yet.

Ironic.

If law enforcement would make an effort to weed out the corruption, the brutality, roid heads, sadists instead of protecting their brothers thru the "blue code" and ineffectual internal affairs, unions etc, and institute taxpayer citizen review boards to oversee ALL those sworn to "protect and serve".....Respect would quickly return.

Too much is being hidden and covered up.

I do respect the hero LEOs. However LEOs are as quilty of painting the citizens with a broad brush as "pukes"
also......it works both ways doesn't it? As a CIT trainer I see it all.
edit on 1-7-2011 by whaaa because: code 53

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Balancing 1 sees. GOOD as they are not all evol sapiens sapiens. Be well

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The officer should be praised for this action, as any cop should get praised any time they save a life, even if that is what they are getting paid for. A job well done deserves thanks if nothing else. For those who don't think cops save lives all the time, I googled "cop saves life" and I had 6.8 million search results come back.

Doesn't change the fact that Cops also help perpetrate a good deal of injustice as well.

Love the Good Cops and hate the Bad Cops.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I wonder how long before the cop gets sued or charged for indecently touching a minor

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If law enforcement would make an effort to weed out the corruption, the brutality, roid heads, sadists instead of protecting their brothers thru the "blue code" and ineffectual internal affairs, unions etc, and institute taxpayer citizen review boards to oversee ALL those sworn to "protect and serve".....Respect would quickly return.

A problem that permeates all sectors of professions and not just law enforcement. However the manner in which and a lot of other people on this site stereotype officers maks it impossible to even come close to liviing up to your expectations of a perfect society. Anytime you or other sees something you dont understand, you scream blue code and corruption. Anytime you come up against a law you dont like, you blame the cops.

Too much is being hidden and covered up.

and too much more is being ignored by you an other civilians who dont understand the law or how it works. You dont understand the processes invovled when it comes to an IA investigation, or how one is initiated. A person can accuse the police of anything they want, and can scream it from the top of their lungs on the 6 oclock news. However, until that person files a formal complaint, no internal review can be initiated.

People seem to foget this part, or ignore it for whatever reasons they have.

I do respect the hero LEOs.

Really... You respect hero LEOS?

Your comments in threads dealing with Law Enforcement would disagree with that statement. Unless your saying it now because its the "thing to do".

However LEOs are as quilty of painting the citizens with a broad brush as "pukes"
also......it works both ways doesn't it? As a CIT trainer I see it all.
edit on 1-7-2011 by whaaa because: code 53

No different than you and other painting all cops as evil, corrupt, think blue line, what have you. Its a 2 way road and trying to play it off as anything but is ridiculous.

You and the others fail to take into account that when something makes the news that involves law efnorcement, all you are hearing is one side of the story. Why is that you may ask? Because law enforcement cant just start countering accusations since it can jeopardize the case, up to and including any evidence collected, witnesses, chain of custody etc etc etc etc.

You and a lot of other people like to do the 100 mete rush to judgment based off of a news story. You accuse the police of hiding things. You and the others ahve no clue how investigations work, and its evident in your continued attacks on law enforcement anytime you dont undestand something.

Maye you and the others should take some time to look into an incidnt first and see the applicable laws before extending the plank and holding a drumhead.

I wont be holding my breath...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You know what you guys? I'll jump into the bad cop threads and scream "naughty cop! Bad!" till I'm red in the face. I'll argue against any cops coming into the thread to defend the actions of the bad cop...

But you know what I shouldn't be seeing? Is those same people turning around into a good cop thread and trying to post negative comments about bad cops.

Deny ignorance? What the hell is this? "I bet in 10 years he'll be corrupt and taze that girl."

Its ignorance of the highest degree that is what it is, how dare any of you spout such nonsense? Not a single one of you will know what this officer will be doing in 10 years, for all we know this is the beginning of the story of the police officer that will stand up and stand for the rights of the people till his dying breath.

DENY IGNORANCE PEOPLE!

Good job Jacob! I hope to see more good come from this rookie! S&F

-Lightrule
edit on 1-7-2011 by Lightrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Too bad no matter what someone does, there are those that still paint the whole group with a broad brush of hate.

For the record, I've never had an unfair, bad encounter with our sheriff department over the years no matter if it was a call about a deranged ex-husband harrassing us, off-roaders tresspassing, or for people carelessly shooting as to cause bullets to zing right over my head, they've invariably been quick to arrive, polite and helpful. They've never shot my dogs, even though one loves squad cars and people in uniform and runs up and tries to jump in when they're here.

The only time we've ever had a less than stellar confrontation was a deputy who pepper-sprayed the cop-loving dog and was a bit of an @ss but consider the circumstances; it was technically a crime scene, and the dog would not obey and come away.

Someone had stolen a jeep, taken it down to the creek and set it afire. The kids, dogs and I were there poking around the next day, stolen and burnt vehicles seem to find their way down there every couple of years or so, and I found that my hands were covered with nasty, oily, toxic soot so I couldn't whistle which would have brought both dogs back immediately.

As the deputy began to come down the embankment, the full-blood rott-who is not fond of men nor of uniforms-began to get riled and I was more concerned with getting her under control than the cop-lover half-rott. The officer had every right to spray the other one as she ran up the hill towards him. Not every encounter ends with an officer shooting a dog, thank goodness, and I can't understand why they don't resort to the pepper-spray first, because it would stop 90% of the dogs in their tracks.

But, by and large, most news you are going to hear on any subject is bad, shocking and controversial because good, proper and happy news just doesn't sell. It then colors our view of the world, skewed to the dark, the wrong, the outrageous, and as a result, inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Although I do agree that the cop did a great thing in saving her, I don't see this as having anything to do with being a cop, good or bad.

99% (Hopefully) of people would have done the same in this situation. Cop or not. I do understand wanting to post this as a balance to the bad cop threads but this incident is about a man or Woman doing what most of us would do. IMO.

A nice outcome tho, regardless being a cop or not..

Thanks, SnF

edit on 1-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
you ALL disgust me, turn one GOOD story to a bad story
you ALL make me sick to belong to the same human race as you

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Info on the cop shot in the face.. second good cop link

So it seems being a cop sucks all the way around if your in this police force. Get shot on the job with no beni''s

Officer Shelton does not have any health benefits provided for him through the Crenshaw Police Department. Officer Shelton is a husband and father to six children. It has not been determine when he will be release from the hospital on return to duty

Link to police blog
edit on 1/7/11 by Arkansas because: ABC

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Great post. for every 1 bad cop incident in the news, there are probably 10,000 unmentioned Good cop incidents.

And who is to blame for this misrepresentation? Hint: bad news sells; good news doesn't. Paramedics and other first responders save lives on a daily basis. When was the last time you heard anything positive about them?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

He's 100% RIGHT!
NEVER hear about how the EMT or Medic saved the life of a child that was drowning or whatever
Star for you brother!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My original comment may have been a bit harsh. The guy saved a life. But that shouldn`t be an original incedent, we should all strive to help each other.

I hope the guy doesn't buckle to corruption.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

thanks for posting this s&f

since this is a good cop thread i will post the link to one i created a few days ago about a good cop who was murdered by the us government, essentially for being a good cop.. i urge you all to have a gander at the story of this true American hero:

Who killed [Officer] Terry Yeakey?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

niceties don't get ratings

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

if he's charged, it'll give him a great resume for ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp
Great post.

for every 1 bad cop incident in the news, there are probably 10,000 unmentioned Good cop incidents.

I am just reposting this because I imagine it is absolutely right. Cops do good things every day.

Yes, there are some who suck and have no business as a cop... Those people SHOULD be talked about.... But it can be misleading and suggest that all cops are bad.

Most are great.
edit on 1-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
excellent, well done, i assume he just gained a star in the heavens for that simple but life changing action.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join