It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota Shutdown 2011: State Government Shuts Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton (D) and top Republican state lawmakers failed to reach a budget deal to avert a government shutdown ahead of a midnight (CST) deadline.

"I really believe I've done everything I possibly could and offered everything I could possibly think of," said Dayton addressing the state of the negotiations from his office on Thursday night. "This is a night of deep sorrow for me because I don't want to see this shutdown occur."

The Democratic governor and state GOP lawmakers had been engaged in contentious talks to close the state's $5 billion budget gap -- much of it left behind by GOP presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty, who declined to seek a third term in the 2010 election.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

These people, they really dont care what happens to the people they represent.. Its all a game to them.

People amaze me, we crucify anyone who trys to help and pat those who do us harm on the back.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Given the situation, this is likely to happen in other states as well. This is what the system is designed to do, it is working perfectly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker
Given the situation, this is likely to happen in other states as well. This is what the system is designed to do, it is working perfectly.

Yes, a perfect failure

Time for a new system.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

We always look for a new way of doing the same old, never a new answer to the questions at hand.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm no expert on politics, but isn't this a by-product of our two party system? Might as well add in lack of term limits and voter ignorance as well.

Face the facts, not trying to fear-monger here, but we are going to drive this country into the ground. Our political system is corrupt, our value system is corrupt, our financial priorities are corrupt. Each generation is progressively getting worse in regards to parenting (lack of control, not willing to discipline, etc)

Maybe I'm way of topic, but I think it's all tied together.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I heard Iowa might shutdown too. Wait until the real fun starts: US Federal Government shutdown.

new topics

top topics

join