It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something crashed in florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have two good, and very reliable, friends who live in florida. According to them on the 4th of July, earlier this summer, there was a brilliant flash of light then something crashed in Casselberry Fl. People in the area said it was ten times louder than the sonic booms frequently caused by the shuttle. Immediatly NASA swarmed and blocked off the area. One radio host who talked about the incedent was followed around by unmarked cars after. Many locals soon after began to get sick. The first official story was that it was just lightning (haha), then I think the story changed to a meteorite and was quickly sqaushed and never brought up again. Media coverage on this event was next to nil. I wish I had a written article to back up the story but all I could find on the internet is other people telling the story just like I am. Sounds like it could either be a cover up, or nothing. Does anyone here have anymore information about this?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It was a meteor, not a flying saucer. End of story

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
no way man meteors are to big it was a ufo....

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Since May there have been numerous reports of people seeing meteorites or fireballs coming down all over the globe. Little media attention has been brought to it.

The aliens from War of the Worlds came to earth in meteors.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Since May there have been numerous reports of people seeing meteorites or fireballs coming down all over the globe. Little media attention has been brought to it.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by heelstone]

No, they where shot by a canon from Mars.

The Thing itself lay almost entirely buried in sand, amidst the scattered splinters of a fir tree it had shivered to fragments in its descent. The uncovered part had the appearance of a huge cylinder, caked over and its outline softened by a thick scaly dun-coloured incrustation. It had a diameter of about thirty yards. He approached the mass, surprised at the size and more so at the shape, since most meteorites are rounded more or less completely. It was, however, still so hot from its flight through the air as to forbid his near approach. A stirring noise within its cylinder he ascribed to the unequal cooling of its surface; for at that time it had not occurred to him that it might be hollow.

If the ETs are so advanced why are their ships always falling, bad maintenance?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

No, they where shot by a canon from Mars.

Forgot to specify the movie version of WotW.

Might be. The more technical something is, the more prone it is to failure. At least thats how it is on this planet with regards to technology. OR these things could be getting shot down constantly by government forces.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Perhaps a satellite came down, or military launch of some sort went bad.
That would explain the government being there so fast, and that they
made sure everyone stayed away so they wouldn't get sick from any
radiation.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
this was discussed on the the anomalies forum also:

www.anomalies.net...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
just one thing. if it was just a meteorite, it should have been obvious. why would they first say it was lightning and then change the story. sounds almost reminisent of roswell.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Maybe Ford are the ones making these ships?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Or unexpected interferance from our satellites, cell phones signals, etc interfere with their operations.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
It was a meteor, not a flying saucer. End of story

Thats it? We are supposed to take your word for it? C'mon Jrod you are better than that, at least you could post us a link to back up that statement. People are not going to take your word for it just because you say its so.

EDIT: Edited for typo

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Janus]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Maybe the UFO's technology is being screwed up by something in our atmosphere...

That, or the crashes are government made crafts that are still being tested.

If the answer is the first, then WOOHOO FOR EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE!

If the answer is the second, then... *Looks over his shoulder slowly to make sure he is not being watched* there would have to be a secret government facility somewhere in or around Florida.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like they wanted to cover up an 'unfortunate' alien accident.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
like i said media has really squashed this thing which makes it all the more suspicious and very hard to find anything. here is the little i could find.

www.hostboard.com...

www.snopes.com...

www.nuforc.org...

www.nuforc.org...

again, it's all people's accounts, no "credible" sources.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

radiation.

This is the most logical explaination, my first thoughts as well...
If it was a military satellite launch that went awry, this is EXACTLY what would happen. The stories about people getting sick are simply to keep people from picking up pieces of classified satellites and making lovely paperweights out of them...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

radiation.

This is the most logical explaination, my first thoughts as well...
If it was a military satellite launch that went awry, this is EXACTLY what would happen. The stories about people getting sick are simply to keep people from picking up pieces of classified satellites and making lovely paperweights out of them...

This seems like a good explanation. But wouldnt a Satallite have completely burnt up on re-entery? With 2/3 of the World covered with Ocean what are the odds of a Stray Satallite hitting near a populated area?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
it does sound fishy. Did you hear anything else on what happened to the people who got sick?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
NOt to be a wet blanket, but have any of you, besides Gazrok, ever heard of Occam's Razor? The most likely explanation tends to be the answer.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

new topics

top topics

join