It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man paralyzed from chest down after being tasered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

There's a video at the link. I noticed that the local news is trying to push this story down a bit, or so it seems to me. Here's the latest local news: www.rn-t.com... Usually they allow comments on stories. They list him as being stable but don't really go into his injuries.

As I understand it, he was detained by police because they suspected him of being drunk in public. He cooperated and took a breathalyzer, which was .06. Then something happened - they say he ran from them so they caught up with him over by the railing and tazed him. He fell down the side of it and hit his head. Then they went down and he couldn't 'cooperate' so they drug him by the ankles back up to the top of the hill to arrest him.

He has been in critical condition but now he's in stable - but his dad says he is permanently paralyzed from the chest down. He doesn't look that old. :/

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

he's only 20 years old, and was drunk so he ran? that what we are told to believe?

poor kid, his father says his son doesn't fully comprehend his injuries, and that his son is questioning living like this...

sad sad day for that family 8(

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
They need to ban tasers...

Cops seem to look at it like this... "I can't shoot the guy... but I really really wanna shoot someone!! Oh sweet, I can tase people now?!?!"

Call me... Officer Badass.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

You touched on something that perks my curiosity a bit - I'm not much of a drinker at all, so I wasn't really all that up on the laws. But it came up in the original newspaper story that he wasn't even legally drunk - he was .06 and I think here the limit is .08 or .1 or something higher.

Anyway, they were saying that Georgia law basically lets a cop stop ANYONE and accuse them of public drunk - even if it is on private property if the property is not theirs.

I knew someone once who went to a bar with a friend and had a beer, but he's not much of a bar type person, so he left - on foot. He said he was just walking home when this cop car pulled up to him and he ran across a field and hid in some ivy. He got away. He felt like if he had NOT ran, they'd have arrested him for public drunk even though he'd only had one beer and he didn't want to go to jail. Supposedly it is a good way to stop people and hassle them, even take them to jail, and often if they are not drunk they then later drop the charges. I knew this guy wasn't a big drinker when he'd told me that, but I figured if he ran it must have been because he had something else on him and didn't want to get caught.
edit on 1-7-2011 by hadriana because: grammar

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

he's only 20 and blew a 0.6 = underage drinking....

I know in New Hampshire, the body itself is considered a container, so is this happened in NH, it would be many charges, minor in possession of alcohol, public intoxication, just to name a couple... and its good he wasn't drining,

persons under the age of 21 operating a vehicle with a .02 percent blood-alcohol level or above are subject to DUI penalties

www.alcohollaws.org...

top topics

join