It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Firms urged to hire UK jobless not foreign workers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

AGREED: We should start firing all those BRITISH people working abroad.

Heh, no thanks. Part of the reason I started posting in this thread is because of the assumptions a lot of people make about immigrants. I'm a British citizen, and I have been living in the US as a legal permanent resident for around 10 years now. I've never been on unemployment in either country, I work hard, I go to school full time, and I support myself entirely. I didn't post this information before, because I wanted to see what assumptions people would make about me solely on my statement that I was an immigrant.

I've had some absolutely terrible jobs in the past, including working in horrid conditions for minimum wage, but I have always shown up and done the best I can. While there's a lot of competition out there for jobs, what that means is that companies have a buyer's market. You can't really blame them for wanting the best applicants for the lowest price, although some people apparently do.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I like the phrase about the goverment preparing the youth of Britain to work...yes...but that stopped about 1988, when i left school.
I left Britan 14 years ago to live in Spain, back then the world was different, at least Britan was.
Now i watch the UK on youtube..i see the famed UK "chavs", shell suited scum who'll spend their lives on the dole and robbing off licenses and having kids with 3 or 4 different 14 year old girls.

Which employer in his sound mind would give one of these useless bastards an opportunity...would you.
A normal Austrlian or Spanish immigrant, who WANTS to work would win the interview hands down, even with a language barrier

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Not all kids today are Chavs, most are just regular, normal kids same as has always been who have hopes, dreams and aspirations the same as kids from every generation before them.

MSM concentrate on the feral few as it's much better press and spreads fear and distrust.

The UK National Curriculum is aimed at producing unquestioning drones and fails to meet individuals strengths and interests with a disproportionate emphasis placed on academic studies and subjects.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That is such a pathetic and ignorant statement! blaming foreigners taking jobs because of the government! Any job that is taken by ANYONE is because they were see fit to be the best person to take it by it's employer. The government has nothing to do with it! I've worked along side many foreigners and now into management level for the last 6 years and I can say with experience that majority of the foreigners are some of the best workers to work with. It doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, as long as you're legally here and have the qualification that meets the position, you will have the opportunity to be hired. I will not stand by and let someone like yourself spew lies and opinion as if it is facts when I have first hand experience working with foreigners on a daily basis.

What!, you accuse my post of being pathetic and ignorant statement because you cant handle or contemplate a opinion against your own? if so, you should of known better.
Governments are allowing alot of foreigners to come and work in the country they run,they even encourage it! I know for a fact they do it in Australia and i can see the difference with my own two eyes in the populace.
Im sure it goes on in alot of other countrys as well, just look at England and America.

Do you think that your the only person thats worked with a foreigner before? do you think your special or something?
Ive worked with foreigners as well, and know alot of people who still do.I dont hate any of the foreigners ive met, or any foreigners ive worked with, or any foreigners anywhere!
But, what i do hate is the way governments use things like immigration as tools to their advantage.
Do you think that bringing foreigners,especially large amounts of them, into your countrys workforce has only potentially one use? which is to work in your country?.If you do, you are wrong, there can be many ways a government can use something like immigration to their advantage,its quite obvious really if you think about it.
Employers do hire the staff they see fit, where i have i said anything contrary to that? I also havnt lied, and yes this is my opinion, but i know its a fact,you know why? because i see it with my own two eyes thats why! if i didnt i wouldnt be on here telling it to you,that this is happening and it isnt just a fantasy, it isnt just lies, its bloody real whether you believe it or not.

I can't really respond to the massive mess of a post that you've addressed to me and other people here, especially given how often you quote out of context, but I did want to respond to this

Well, it must be you, because i can read what im saying just fine, and if i can, i believe it should be readable to others as well,it more seems like you have tunnel vision or you have you hands over your eyes going "lalala".
Its up to you if you want to accept a different view to your own, this is my opinion and the opinions i have posted are mine.If you dont agree or like it, well thats just tough biccys.

You made a generalization, I gave a specific example that states my own personal experience in the workforce. I am neither saying that all citizen workers are bad, or all immigrant workers are bad. I just pointed out ONE instance where your generalization is wrong, in my opinion. Hardly hypocritical.

Fair enough...?

Sorry for the double-post on page 2 as well.
Cheers

edit on 2-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
if countries would try ro take better care of helping their citizens finding jobs then you would not have as much trouble with people having to emigrate to find work and all countries are at fault for this. i have personally seen in my north carolina community the last time the factories that pay the best hired associates they were allowed to recruit them from mexico not ones already here but actullay went to mexico and moved whole families here to nc.
i say good for this british official i wish we had ones here doing likewise

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join