It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Media Control is Laughable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.newsnow.co.uk...

I have linked a News Agrregator and at time of posting the only news link to refer to a potential disaster at the Los Almos nuclear facility is reported by an Indian News source.There must be 20 US news sources reporting on that page and not one of them is covering the event. When will the US population be awakened to the fact that your media is censored?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I already know it's censored. As a citizen I'm also quite aware that the USA is slowly moving to a more controlled state as well. It isn't hard to notice the ridiculous political junk that happens in Washington.

It's also not hard to wonder why the media is more obsessed with petty concerns like celebrity dance competitions, murder trials, and other dumb stuff when there's enough important disaster and war that we might actually need to know about.

I realized that our media is merely a tool in a big tool box that TPTB have at their disposal. And, in the end our current society is no different than the medieval feudal society once you scrape enough of the pretty paint off of the surface.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It is not just happening in the US which is the sad thing, it is also happening in the UK. Media is obsessed with celebrities, when front page news can be what Charlie Sheen did after breakfast. It is sickening.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Dont you know that Big Brother knows whats good for you? He'll tell you what to believe and how much you will like it. I believe about 1 % of what the main stream media tells me. How anyone can believe that a government as corrupt as ours would let the media actually report the real news baffles the hell out of me.
How do you know when a government official is lying? Their lips are moving.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

You believe as much as that

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
hey charlie sheen is on our side.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I dont know, iv been seeing this for days now.. Seems like the fire has been about 50 feet from the lab for 2 days atleast..

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That is why I go to places like ATS for my news. I gave up the MSM a while ago, gradually more and more people are as well. Hopefully enough do before it is too late.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Yes, but the more pertinent question is, "What can and will we do about it?"

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

And the most likely answer to that question is: there's not much we can do, and if there were most people wouldn't do it because it doesn't seem to be a big deal to them with immediate consequences.

top topics

join