It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL, NBA lockouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I know this topic is not usually talked about much here. I really could care less about the NBA lockout, but I love football. As I am writing this, Espn is talking about the impending NBA lockout. A couple of things that are running through my mind is why in the world all of these multi millionaires can't come to agreement on things, when there is so much money to made by them. If the lockouts continue, they will lose money period. We all know this is a bad thing for these greedy bastards.

Now why is this so intriguing to me and how could this possibly relate to conspiracy website? Well I can't really figure it out, but there are a couple things that may relate to this October time frame everyone keeps talking about.

The MLB season is in full swing and is halfway over. The latest possible date that the MLB season could possibly go to is......October 28th. I have seen this date thrown around a lot on here, and this is the time frame something big is supposedly to happen.

The NBA season usually starts around late October. So if the lockout remains there will be no NBA season.

The NFL season would be a few weeks into the season in late October.

Now I am not sure if I am reaching on this one, but it is a little weird that all of these things that preoccupy most of Americans with could all possibly not happening. I am still trying to figure this one out.

If the NBA and NFL seasons to start as scheduled, there would be millions of people all over the united states in the same locations. So if something big is supposed to happen, that eliminate a lot of people, wouldn't the ones in power want this these seasons to start.

I know this is out there, but does anyone think that this could possibly be a reason that these two seasons may not happen. It is just an idea, please anyone fell free to contribute, as I am not sure about this theory myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'd love to see the NBA and HFL have a lock out. I wonder if it would wake a lot of people up from their entertainment-driven stupor and catch a glimpse of the real world. Eh, to do that, one would also have to cancel umpteen reality shows as well as all of the entertainment "news" shows.

The real reason I'd love to see a lockout in those two sports would be for the extra exposure the NHL would get as a result.

- mike

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

I really don't follow the NHL, when does the season start and end?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think everyone is waiting on the markets around that time frame.

If you also notice a lot of new TV series have been dropped, for no
other reasons besides ratings, and some were actually doing well.

Then you have retailers putting lots of things on big sales from 50-75%
off, so a lot of them are trying to unload inventory ahead of something
coming down the pipe.

Big investors are putting away cash and waiting on the sidelines.

Meaning? Probably an economic bloodbath of some sort.

Trump did say it would be heaven in 2011.
Heaven as in a billionaire at a firesale.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by biggkatt

October through May/June.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm with the OP I love football,and I'm also I big hockey fan,basketball not so much.I believe we will have a full NFL regular season,maybe a shortened preseason schedule.

I just wanted to share some thoughts on sports salaries,first off I don't have a problem with athletes making large amounts of money albeit for playing childrens games.I believe this country (U.S.) likes having the distractions of the rigours of day to day life through sports,and most are willing to pay some of their hard earned money to go see a game or order a pay per view fight to have that enjoyment.However the last 15-20 years player salaries have gotten out of control,really since the advent of modern day free agency.For example if you were to look at the contracts of the top quarterbacks of the early ninetys say Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, or Dan Marino and compare them today to the contracts of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady I'm pretty sure the difference would be rather signifigant.The same could be said for all positions in most sports I would think.

My point more or less is that the rate of increase is unsustainable,and helps to lead to higher ticket prices, consessions,merchandise etc..I believe that the major sports leagues in this country are bound to bankrupt themselves if there is not a blanket reduction of player salaries very soon, say by maybe a thrid.It would also depend on the multi-billionaire owners not pocketing that extra cash,but instead use that advantage to signifigantly lower ticket prices.In today's economy they cannot continue to support the rise of player salaries and therefore ticket prices,they must do the opposite to encourage the everyman of America to come to enjoy a day at the stadium at a reasonable price.

All that said I think the NFL will be okay or at least outlast the other sports due to its popularity.The NBA is already feeling the reprucussions of this and needs major changes immediatley.
Also all franchises in all sports also have their profit margines effected by team success,popularity,location etc.

Bear down Chicago Bears!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They are nothing but spoiled, greedy and materialistic brats having a hissy fit! I don't care if either seasons start, they are ungrateful.

new topics

top topics

join