It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Maya and their origins

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

you noted the 26000 year cycle their calender followed, and associated it with earth events, another interesting note is how often super volcanos erupt or caldera volcanos, if you follow historic records these volcanos follow the same 26000 year pattern, with one erupting every 26000 years, Over 26,000 years ago Taupo exploded, the Oruanui eruption, this was the biggest volcanic eruption the world has known in the last 70,000 years, approx 52000 years ago Valles Caldera erupted, and 78000 years ago was the Toba super eruption. Each one of these events have put the world into an ice age. Evidently with these under water finds it must b hard to put ice age and lower sea levels together. If you put a mile of ice on land it had to come from some where right? wow that explains why we have found so many submerged civilizations. I can not believe that with all this info i can be one of the only ones to connect these.. We can c from just the past three caldera events that they have followed this 26000 year pattern, and oh look, that is three earth moving/changing events just like the Maya spoke of, (I'll get to Elenin and how it fits into this chain of events), this would be some evidence that the maya had roots far far longer than we had assumed,
Lets look at current world events, is there some volcano or super volcano in the world today that has showed signs it may be building to an eruption? Oh look I found this one in my backyard, YELLOWSTONE national park has made some news in the past decade about an increase in inflation, and if you look at from back when they first did these surveys you can calculate over a 7 foot rise in areas of the park, this volcano, which is tied to some very stressed fault lines made the news even more recently with a find the the magma dome is larger than once thought. Is it that hard for people to connect these?
Elenin is here, we have seen from the past three alignments of Elenin that seizmic events are going to happen, and they are going to b big ones, we have two more alignments to come, and a close fly by, the prvious alignments have been from far distances, the next two are going to b much closer. There are post on here ,ATS , about the run up to WWIII with the coming invasions of Lybia/Syria. All these different prophicies are all tied together, Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Mayan our ancestors gave us warnings and we are too ignorant to put all the peices together and too ignorant to accept the facts of what is about to happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxCavalera

Great work mate, keep it up, you're proving the validity of original thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

A few interesting things: The Dark Rift has been speculated on as being the black hole at the center of the galaxy. It lines up with the Sun on 12/21/2012. This discovery is recent, how did the Mayans know? Also that it represents the stone circle the Mayans play "ball" with in which the loser dies. The ball represents Earth. The Nostrodamus 2012 programs speculate (with ancient proofs) that solar flares will intensify soon and will devastate Earth, interesting note is on 12/21/2012 the Pyramids will be aligned exactly opposite to the Sun with the Earth between it.
The Olmecs were Definately negroid So how did they end up in Mexico so long ago? don't believe this? why did they make toys on wheels of elephants? Seen elephants in Mexico? Zacharia Sitchin (I know, I know but just read) says the Annunaki "God" Marduk was banished from Egypt and took his people to another location (Mexico?) and started a new Annunaki civilization. No matter what you may think of this, everywhere the Annunaki went they taught detailed astronomy to their subjects. Quetzalcoatl has been identified with the Annunaki/Egyptian "God" Thoth who Sitchin says is Marduk. When he left, his subject degenerated into perverted beliefs like human sacrifice, kind of like when Jesus (who also taught human sacrifice and cannibalism: eat of my flesh, drink of my blood) left the Christian church perverted his teachings with rituals and kid f*cling, etc.
could it be 12/21/2012 will bring a dimensional shift where some of us will pass on to the 4th dimension which could be the Rapture in Christian lore. Some will be left behind, some will be taken.
Lots of gaps to fill but a lot of clues too. Some in ancient texts, some scientific, but speculation is all we have left to piece them all together.
Choose wisely!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ok after getting a bit of time to read some of those links I originally posted relating to the Quartz Crystal and it's possible Computing properties I stumbled across this piece of information.

Quartz crystal oscillators were developed for high-stability frequency references during the 1920s and 1930s. By 1926 quartz crystals were used to control the frequency of radio broadcasting stations and were popular with amateur radio operators.[4] In 1928, Warren Marrison (of Bell Telephone Laboratories) developed the first quartz crystal clock. This invention replaced the escapement and pendulum (as the timing reference), relying instead on the natural vibrations occurring in the quartz crystal as the oscillator. This improved timing accuracies to 1 sec in 30 years (or 30 ms/year).[5]

This information relates to the use of Quartz as a Crystal Oscilator

Notice how they are used in relation to super accurate timing? What is it that the Maya are famous for?

Being Mathematicians and Profoundly accurate regarding their calendar, which is a tool used for plotting periods of .. Time.

This is an interesting development indeed.. I am of cause only speculating here again, but this could be an interesting link perhaps.

As always looking forward to hearing other's thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I just found this extra information that relates to the above, it gets one's mind thinking of various basic ways in which Quartz could have been used to generate power even back in ancient times and also I read somewhere in there the use of it delivering a spark across a gap. (Very Short Range Wireless Power Transfer). This all of cause is no ground breaking discovery, but in the context of ancient Maya and the possibility that they were aware of this level of technology back then..

The mind boggles..

High voltage and power sources

Direct piezoelectricity of some substances like quartz, as mentioned above, can generate potential differences of thousands of volts.

The best-known application is the electric cigarette lighter: pressing the button causes a spring-loaded hammer to hit a piezoelectric crystal, producing a sufficiently high voltage electric current that flows across a small spark gap, thus heating and igniting the gas. The portable sparkers used to light gas grills or stoves work the same way, and many types of gas burners now have built-in piezo-based ignition systems.

A similar idea is being researched by DARPA in the United States in a project called Energy Harvesting, which includes an attempt to power battlefield equipment by piezoelectric generators embedded in soldiers' boots. However, these energy harvesting sources by association have an impact on the body.

DARPA's effort to harness 1-2 watts from continuous shoe impact while walking were abandoned due to the impracticality and the discomfort from the additional energy expended by a person wearing the shoes.

Other energy harvesting ideas include harvesting the energy from human movements in train stations or other public places[16][17] and converting a dance floor to generate electricity.[18] Vibrations from industrial machinery can also be harvested by piezoeletric materials to charge batteries for backup supplies or to power low power microprocessors and wireless radios.[19]

A piezoelectric transformer is a type of AC voltage multiplier. Unlike a conventional transformer, which uses magnetic coupling between input and output, the piezoelectric transformer uses acoustic coupling. An input voltage is applied across a short length of a bar of piezoceramic material such as PZT, creating an alternating stress in the bar by the inverse piezoelectric effect and causing the whole bar to vibrate.

The vibration frequency is chosen to be the resonant frequency of the block, typically in the 100 kilohertz to 1 megahertz range. A higher output voltage is then generated across another section of the bar by the piezoelectric effect. Step-up ratios of more than 1000:1 have been demonstrated. An extra feature of this transformer is that, by operating it above its resonant frequency, it can be made to appear as an inductive load, which is useful in circuits that require a controlled soft start.[20]

These devices can be used in DC-AC inverters to drive cold cathode fluorescent lamps. Piezo transformers are some of the most compact high voltage sources.
Taken From This Linked Source

For more comfortable reading I would recommend visiting the link as it has a better layout of the text.

p.s. Was unable to edit the previous post due to the ATS server issues and time-out/lapse since I posted the first reply.

Another piece of interesting information that some may not be aware of :

Most of us are familiar with wind, solar and kinetic power and what they can do. But a device on display at last year's Milan Design Week has drawn attention to an energy source we don't often hear about: dirt.
Read More at This Link
edit on 4-7-2011 by JaxCavalera because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It really bugs me when people refer to Earth as " Dirt ", we depend on it to provide our food, home, and mud

It deserves more respect, because we depend on it for life !

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I think the term soil is a preference when talking about the ground. Dirt often implies an inferior quality to it.. Dirt Cheap, Dirty Man etc...

That being said, aside from the loaded statement in the quote for the sensationalism value, it is still some interesting information. I haven't had too much extra time to look more into the pyramids further but I think the next step in this research may be to look more for artifacts that could have been used to apply pressure on a regular basis.

Or some means that could have been used to distribute power into the crystal skull.

Or a cradle / device that may have been able to amplify the hi-frequency pulses to an easily audible level.

These may not be the only artifacts that could be further clues to reinforce the "crystal skull as a computer theory" I am jut a bit tired from work to think of any more at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I discovered that the Aztec calender is a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional idea. Try and imagine it as a cone, One simply goes downhill to find the date.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I discovered that the Aztec calender is a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional idea. Try and imagine it as a cone, One simply goes downhill to find the date.

that's an amazing find, I think it just goes to show that we need to really look at a lot of what we know of these ancient civilisations in very experimental ways to stumble onto other secrets that mat give us further insight into what the earth has been through and what may lie ahead.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I don't think their calendrics are really a big deal. They may be more complex than the Aztecs or Inca, but that doesn't necessarily mean they knew everything about the world.

Sure, they noticed the movements of the planets in the sky in relation to the stars. We think of something like this to be so difficult, but it's really not, and was even easier 1000 years ago. It doesn't take the length of a dynasty to notice that some objects in the sky move and others do not. It only takes one person a few days to pick up on that. Give this man two years and he will notice that when he looks at the stars, some of them move in a path that takes them back to their starting point (an orbit), and some of them don't move at all. These are the differences between stars and planets from the naked eye here on Earth. This is possible to do now, even, but harder because of light pollution, air pollution, etc.

Only ONE Mayan source mentions the 13th baktun. When anrchaeologists in 1000 years look back on our data, they're going to say, "Wow. They have a lot of sources saying the world was going to end in 2000 A.D."

Im only addressing this because im bored, but you fail to understand what they did. They were very aware of a 26,000 year cycle that would only be identifiable by witnessing it over 26,000 years. That is amazing, and you have to ask how they knew that. You can speculate all you like and basically write off their knowledge, but you're incredibly foolish to do so.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's hard to imagine how they somehow managed to stay alive for that long period of time without things turning sour. If you look at mankind over the last 2000 years, we have (relatively) quickly taken a turn for the worst, time and time again.

Not only does modern civilisation face the same threats of natural disasters, we also have to worry about things like Nuclear Meltdowns, Chemical / Bio Warfare and the repeat in history of another World War.

Sometimes, it makes me wonder if they really did witness such a long period of time or if they were able to establish estimated periods of time using techniques similar to what we use in current times to estimate ancient history.

There is seriously compelling evidence leaning towards knowledge of piezoelectric technology often associated with (but not exclusive to) time calculations.. it's not too much of a stretch to conclude that they may have been able to accurately calculate periods of historic time back then to obtain reasonably accurate historic dating systems that are a part of their famous calendar.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

you noted the 26000 year cycle their calender followed, and associated it with earth events, another interesting note is how often super volcanos erupt or caldera volcanos, if you follow historic records these volcanos follow the same 26000 year pattern, with one erupting every 26000 years, Over 26,000 years ago Taupo exploded, the Oruanui eruption, this was the biggest volcanic eruption the world has known in the last 70,000 years, approx 52000 years ago Valles Caldera erupted, and 78000 years ago was the Toba super eruption. All these follow the Maya cycle, Look at it more as a guide date not a destination date. Any time between now and then is statisically still 26k yrs. Elenin is here and as we have seen time and time again, every time this thing lines up with us and other celestial bodies we have had large quakes, above 7 mag., with 7/7/11 being another example with the CC,NZ quake of 7.6.
The closer Elenin gets the worse the quakes get. The next coming months will show us if this is truely the end. Nostradamus gave us the start date. 9/11/2011. The King of the Mongols is Gog and the start of Gog Mogog. The first 7 yrs has past. The Economic attack in 2008 by the Chinese against the US in hopes of collapsing the US economy marked the start of the final 7 years. We are now three years into the final 7. The significance? The palestinians are applying for statehood, Check the bible for the 3 1/2 year mark for Israel and Palestine. The Muslims are awaiting the death of the Saudi king. Look for this in the coming month to satisfy muslim prophecy. If this happens then Harold Camping's date for the Rapture, Oct 21 is looking to b very accurate. I would say that within the next 3-4 weeks, specifically July 18- Aug 1 look to CERN, Geneva. If the date for the Rapture is true something big will be happening here.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
deleted comment
edit on 18-7-2011 by 11I11 because: posted into wrong thread!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I would say that within the next 3-4 weeks, specifically July 18- Aug 1 look to CERN, Geneva. If the date for the Rapture is true something big will be happening here.
reply to post by ASilentWitness

I am curious as to why you say this.....

Thank you

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nostradamus predicted an accident at CERN due to a solar storm

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASilentWitness
reply to post by MamaJ

It is now August 30th with no earth-shattering revelations, discoveries or accidents coming out of CERN.
I do believe that prediction has been effectively debunked by now.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Originally posted by ASilentWitness
reply to post by MamaJ

It is now August 30th with no earth-shattering revelations, discoveries or accidents coming out of CERN.
I do believe that prediction has been effectively debunked by now.

Howdy Nyiah

What another silly prediction not coming true - 'mark' me as amazed!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join