It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin admits to seeing UFOs on Moon & conspiracy. **But**

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Doesn't have to be a conflict. There are four groups of people in this regard.

1. Those who believe we never went to the Moon. Period
2. Those who believe we did, found something, but recreated a fake landing
3. Those that believe we did, that the landing footage is real, and that we found something.
4. We went there and found nothing

There is a 5th..

5. Those who believe we went there well before Apollo in advanced craft and Apollo was a hoax..

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Dear Shino

This is an interesting thread despite that it is about a move clip.

Would Buzz effectively lie on film for money? Just a movie Huum

There are real bright people who think that there is something there.

The fact is what is the truth literally about anything.

Was my wife warring sexy stockings and suspenders too work just to keep her legs warm? Myself I had only ever seen her ever ware tights before. After 15 years of separation who gives a dam.

The point being what is the truth and frankly dose it matter.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
If anything, then that "admission" is evidence AGAINST such a theory.

If we did find evidence of alien life on the moon, then his eventual confession would most likely not be in a Hollywood movie. Besides, I doubt that Top Secret intel such as that would make it into a film without being cut out, and several people jailed.

I believe revealing government secrets is a federal crime, or even treason. Not positive though.

Certainly not when inserted into a ficticious film. Jailing anybody over it would make everyone realize its true, when otherwise, they'd think it's just a plot device... which would actually be the government releasing the information by default. Would never happen, they would LOVE to hide behind the "It's just a movie, folks" excuse.

Derp.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I don't get it. It's a MOVIE. There is no secret cabal of folks pulling the strings of disclosure, and slowly releasing information through some amazingly secret mechanism to the masses. If that is the case, they have been doing it, but your guys definition, since the late 1800's for crying out loud. Laughable and ignorant.

The reality of this is, the movie was written by normal, sleazy writers. They were writing a movie that centered around government cover up and conspiracies (which makes for great movie making), it doesn't take some genius writer to realize that the movie is moon centric in the conspiracy, so why not include bits and pieces of popular conspiracy theories and even go out of the way to include people that are often named in them as a cameo.

Actually, if you look at this the way the writers intended, they are making fn of the conspiracy crowd by having the astronaut in it. It's parody, in it's purest form. Funny how the very people they are making fun of are too ignorant to even see it, the tin foil hat crowd even goes so far as to take the obvious parody of them and tie it into yet another conspiracy theory. I bet the writers have been to this thread already, and are laughing their asses off. I know I would be. Hell, they probably did some research while writing the movie on this very website, in fact I can guarantee they did.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Dear MainLineThis

I think that you are trying to tell us that you believe them what ever they say. Well I guess everybody has that right. But with the amount of conspires that have been proved true could it not be that you are the gullible one. Or indeed is it that you work for them, if so they should pay more.

Personally I do not know what to believe except for one thing that I know is true, they are lying.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I loved the new Transformers!

I remember this scene. I don't think it's anything but a line in a movie. I'm sure Michael Bay knows about Aldrins thoughts on Ufos and aliens and thought it would be cool to have him in it considering the story line.

Side note, this IMO was the best one out of the 3!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
As far as I can tell it has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the information, but everything to do with the ability or inability of the brain to properly process the information. Most of us don't have different information, it's pretty much the same content for all of us. It's how we process the information that's different, not the content, for the most part.

I beg to differ strenuously, Arb. So much of our different conclusions regarding these themes really is, in my experience on these threads, based on different 'facts' that we think we 'know', that conflict wildly. Spaceflight is such a bizarre new arena of human experience that this is an easy situation to fall into, where people make guesses about what 'should' be, and assume that makes those guesses true. But if what one thinks of as 'facts' are invalid, of course your consequent conclusions will be counterfeit.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

You seem a tad angry :p

How is it making fun of conspiracy crowds? I don't see it that way. To me they kept it real
so to speak when it comes to conspiracies. While watching this movie it made me think what if something like this were to go on behind our backs. We would never know! Aliens could be here now and how would we know? We wouldn't. I'm not saying there are all out battles with them but how do we really know what is going on?

It is my opinion anything is possible

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Buzz made a very strange comment a few years ago about Nasa astronaughts being 'parrots' and asking the audience what parrots do.

Parrots fly and repeat what they are told.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If you subscribe to the notion that various entertainment outlets are the platforms for disclosure then this piece is only one more body of evidence. Consider all the alien/ufo/conspiracy related movies and television shows which have been released in recent time. It’s the desensitizing of the masses to reduce panic and promote the acceptance of an alien presence.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Your very own admission that you actually looked at this more than one minute and did not see that it was done for money speaks volumes about you! You were suckered by it. You were taken in by the romantic aspect of it being a conspiracy! Bahahah Sounds like many ATS members! Bahahah! It is hilarious that you actually fell for it! Bahahah!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I agree op, when you flip-flop, such as Buzz did, does what he have to say in any direction hold any amount of creditability

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

OR the script writers put it in the movie because they've been told by their market researchers that a fake moon landing is a popular theory amongst those visiting these kind of movies.

This is marketing, not much else. Don't get reeled in by it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
traitors for a lie they were willing to take to their graves and keep from us?
edit on 30-6-2011 by Shino because: (no reason given)

This

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

"As far as I can tell it has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the information, but everything to do with the ability or inability of the brain to properly process the information. Most of us don't have different information, it's pretty much the same content for all of us. It's how we process the information that's different, not the content, for the most part."

I sincerely doubt everyone here has the same content of information.
For instance on these topics I often see people who obviously never looked into the works of richard hoagland(whatever you may think of them)...
although this claims to be an alternative/conspiracy site??
..but you are definetly right with the "proecessing part"..

on another note..I always wondered what`s up with those gold visors...searchfunction here i go

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

How come we never hear or see from Armstrong. He has remained silent on the whole issue, since he got back. What does he know that has possible got him too angry or scared to talk.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
If anything, then that "admission" is evidence AGAINST such a theory.

If we did find evidence of alien life on the moon, then his eventual confession would most likely not be in a Hollywood movie. Besides, I doubt that Top Secret intel such as that would make it into a film without being cut out, and several people jailed.

I believe revealing government secrets is a federal crime, or even treason. Not positive though.

Why are you so sure?

They can be exactly using this "confession" in order to dismiss such theories by presenting them as science fiction through the transformers movie.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday, sorry but if thats his admission then its pretty a weak one.
Its a movie about fighting intergalactic robots, nothing in it is true.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
... Neil and Buzz have always been pretty straight forward and honest.

You're only HALF right. Neil Armstrong has been a virtual recluse since the day he returned from the moon. He was supposed to be a NASA "spokesman Forever and In Honor". NASA was looking forward to a perpetual public relations goldmine with 'the first man on the moon'.

Instead they got a sudden shut-in&shut-up introvert that avoids the public eye at all costs. An utter disappointment for NASA and the astro-community at large - and the general public.

What Happened?

Speculation has run rampant - search Armstrong on ATS for many possible explanations. One of the most popular was that Armstrong saw something on the moon that scared the daylights out of him. Some transcripts (periodically claimed to be fake or modified) have Armstrong exclaiming that alien beings were standing on the rim of a crater watching him from the moment he first made that "One Giant Step for (a) Man".

He was not the same man upon returning to Earth. I just hope he finally spills the beans before he dies. A LOT of people on this planet would like to know what he knows...

In the meantime, Buzz is, well, "Buzz" is...
edit on 7/1/2011 by Outrageo because: "Boo!"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join