It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana’s new gun law takes authority away from local governments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

New laws go into effect July 1

Source: www.wane.com...

Indiana’s new gun law takes authority away from local governments, saying they can’t restrict the constitutional right to legally carry a gun in a public place. Friday, people across Indiana will be able to carry a gun on city buses, parks, libraries, even in a police station. It's aimed at making gun laws more consistent across the state.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We have that same law in New Hampshire. It's great, because cities can't put up a No Firearms (Victim Zone) sign on public property. The only place state law says you cannot carry it is in a courthouse.

Every law abiding citizen should be allowed to carry a gun everywhere. This is one of the reasons I will never leave New Hampshire... the gun laws here are just awesome. Go into a gun shop, say "I'll take that one", and after a 10 minute background check via phone call, you are a proud gun owner. It's even that easy for handguns.

Applied for my license to carry a concealed handgun, and 1 business day later I had that license in hand for only $10.

It's a nice change from when I lived in Massachusetts, where buying a gun legally is a royal pain in the ass, and getting a license to carry one is damn near impossible.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Good for Indiana. Seems not every government entity is trying to shred the Constitution after all.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I carry my gun everywhere anyways, but this is good to know. Not sure how I missed this, but good news.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice.. I can support tthis law. Hospitals are not public property but private and I do support restrictions there simply because of the emotions and stress that go along with losing a loved one etc.

Other than that, good for Indiana.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join