It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Guilty Pleasure On ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wish to confess of my guilty pleasure.....

I love to take the virginity of a new member who has posted within the T&C`s and added to a topic even if its only a sentence or two.

I love to read a thread of interest of approx 5-10 pages and all the different view points,but what I find is that I cannot control myself, when in amongst all those posts I find a brand new member who has posted positively or logically,sometimes nervously or timid and has not recieved a star and everyone around them has multiple stars.

Example..(and will be the only example)www.abovetopsecret.com... I took this person star virginity with pleasure.

Over the past couple of years I have been doing this and would have take over 100 new ATS members virginity,I like to remain anonymous as a thief in the night and only gave the above so you could all get the jist,though I hope that it was as good for them as it was for me.

I can only hope that through what I`ve done to them does not lead them onto becoming star whores which would leave me consumed with more guilt that I may have created a monster.

If any of you guys do the same thing I`d love to know.

If you have a guilty pleasure on ATS dont be afraid to share it.

(PS Brand new members ,long time lurkers, your participation within this thread is highly sort after from me
)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Hehe, how kind of you

I hope you're the one that took mine too!

Here is a star for you because you deserve it

Peace out

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I do a similar thing.

I flag every intro thread I see. A lot of new members have gotten their first flags courtesy of yours truly. Its pretty cool to watch their karma jump about 20 points if they haven't made any other posts yet.

A lot of times I don't even bother to read the intro, don't want to get buyers remorse in case they say they're a liberal, or even worse, a
Canadian.

I figure, if they have the courage to make the plunge, they deserve a little reward to encourage them to keep participating.

ETA:

reply to post by bigwig22

You just reminded me of my other guilty pleasure; I like to be the 13th flag whenever I can. If I see a thread with 12 flags, I just feel compelled to add #13 even if I disagree with the OP.

When I saw you had 12 stars, well, I just couldn't help myself...

edit on 6/30/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22
I hope you're the one that took mine too!

My lips are sealed bigwig22 "as a thief in the night"

and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That is the funniest sick ____ I have ever heard in my time here on ATS...well not really but it is funny.

Star for all you sicko's...

P.S. I am keeping my guilty pleasure a secret...I would hate to lose out on my personal fun!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I do a similar thing.

I flag every intro thread I see. A lot of new members have gotten their first flags courtesy of yours truly. Its pretty cool to watch their karma jump about 20 points if they haven't made any other posts yet.

A lot of times I don't even bother to read the intro, don't want to get buyers remorse in case they say they're a liberal, or even worse, a
Canadian.

I figure, if they have the courage to make the plunge, they deserve a little reward to encourage them to keep participating.

Well done FortAnthem
,have to say though I havn`t done this with flags,maybe thats like a different sexual orientation we both have.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

LOL! Thanx a lot
But I think you will regret it because i am a %$/%?* Canadian

Peace out
edit on 30-6-2011 by bigwig22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What's wrong with star whores?

170 posts and 670 stars is pretty damn sexy imo

Ughhh look at that Karma level baby! /flex
edit on 6/30/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My guilty pleasure is that one of the reasons (but by far, not the most important one) I'm here is to find out 'Which one of You is one of my co-workers...for I do Know you are Here!' For we speak of conspiracies at work, virtually on a daily basis.
Fear not, though! For when I do find You, I'll simply keep it to myself...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I withhold my star and flag until the last possible moment. Then I start throwing em out like, I dunno, I can't think of a good analogy here.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

What's wrong with star whores?

170 posts and 670 stars is pretty damn sexy imo

Love the sig under your name "sexiest" mood:feelin sexy

You got me though, even star whores are fun to star,just not as much fun imo.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I withhold my star and flag until the last possible moment. Then I start throwing em out like, I dunno, I can't think of a good analogy here.

Kinda like this guy:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Like burst water main?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I`d also like to add that when I find and take a new ATS members star virginity,I usually verbally yell "YES!" while doing a fist pump in the air.

When the Missus hears this from me in our study who is elsewhere in the house,she`ll always answer with "what?" I`ll say "I just got another ATS virgin" then I`ll hear her giggle.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ahh man. I used to go and look at my first starred post fondly. Now it's cursing at me and sneaking out at night... thanks for that.

S+F

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I felt dirty after reading this.

I remember being a polite newb.

What happened?!!?!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I felt dirty after reading this.

I kinda felt that way staring the new members for the first time,I got used to it over time and enjoyed it more.

I remember being a polite newb.

What happened?!!?!

ATS can have adverse effects, your still one of the good ones Chad hang in there bud as will I and if all else fails at least we know where to live.

Back when I joined kids had to carry their horse to school,kids nowadays dont know how easy they have it.

I remember way before the flag and star system and recieving my first applaud from a Mod, it was a fond moment as well and didn`t feel dirty at all.

Coincidentally it was for a post that he/she thought was hilarious and asked if I did "stand up" so I`m glad he/she enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I got an applause for posting a timely Monty Python video once....when I say the U2U I thought it would be for an off topic....imagine my surprise!

I also didn't realise you've been here so long...starting to blend in with the furniture mate

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

My heart still pumps a couple of extra beats when I see the u2u lite up,I always think "oh heck what have I done now?"

Yeah I`ve been around quite awhile and lurked a few years before joining and now mainly lurk and read and chime in now and again.

ATS didn`t have advertising back then and when it did come in wasn`t far from.....

Geez I feel old now.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

You are one sick puppy!

I like to do the same sometimes

new topics

<<   2 >>

join