It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. recognizes Muslim Brotherhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Link

The U.S. has decided to formally resume contact with Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood group - which does not recognize Israel – in a move that could further alienate some Jewish voters already skeptical of President Barack Obama, it was reported.

One senior U.S. official said the Brotherhood’s rise in political prominence after the forced departure of former President Hosni Mubarak earlier this year makes the American contact necessary.

“The political landscape in Egypt has changed, and is changing… It is in our interests to engage with all of the parties that are competing for parliament or the presidency,” said the official, who confirmed the news to Reuters on condition of anonymity.

This move makes me wonder how the Jewish Americans are going to view President Obama especially seeing as how many of them were angered by his words calling for the return to 1967 Israeli borders. Now we can add official recognition of the Muslim Brotherhood to the list.

We must also not forget that this goes beyond just Jewish Americans angered by this issue but presumably most Americans. The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in 1928 by hard-line Islamists that are just short of being part of the terrorist movement, I say just short of it because they claim to denounce any form of terrorism. But that does not mean they are not completely crazy. Take this man for instance, Yusuf Al-Qaradhawi, he was offered role as leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2004 which he turned down and is still considered one of the intellectual and spiritual leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Now this is guy is definitely peaceful, he loves all people he would not want to harm anyone, right?

These are the same people who are pushing for an Islamic Caliphate and absolutely hate the Western way of life, yet Obama has now recognized them, not as an extremist group, but as a true political organization as if it is secular or democratic. Nice job Obama, tell me again where your allegiance stands?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well since Obama is their leader what else do you expect?

If this doesn't get someone taking pop shots at him I don't know what will besides declaring he is going to outlaw fire arms in the States.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sky watcher

I have seen a theory about that says the the US faces disasters after shafting Israel.

Evidence was Katrina, BP spill, and the whack heartlands weather.

If something major happens within the next week …

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If anybody needed any more proof of where or what obama supports this should make it crystal clear. After this, I just don't understand why he just doesn't come out and say what he feels, that he wants Israel whipped off the map.
Is the US going to have any standing in the world after obamas done with us?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
abamas doing everything the jews want him to, how else will their prophecies come true...lol

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
some simple math:

Muslim Brotherhood funded by CAIR.
CAIR funded by Soros.

any questions ???

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is the same Muslim Brotherhood that claimed responsibility for the assassination of Egypts' Sadat?
That Muslim Brotherhood?

I never thought Obama stupid. I thought of him as a progressive, self-serving, narcisistic, ego driven; but never stupid.

I may have to rethink that original premise.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
umm:
they (the US), won't recognise palistien)
So thinking this is anti Israel thing is just PR to mke it look like it is the way it supposed to look.
It is a no fly zone...to stinky for flys.

The Muslim brotherhood always has been a tool of european domination in the region
first the brits, than the nazis..then the brits.

there are less rights in egypt now I bet they got Gypt

the poor little Israel stuff....oy vay enough already

The Muslim Brotherhood – The Globalists' Secret Weapon

www.redmoonrising.com...

markcurtis.wordpress.com...

The Los Angeles Times reports that Barack Obama had not just ignored Egyptian human rights issues over the past two years, but actually cut funding for activist groups trying to reform Egypt:

Although President Obama has sided firmly with pro-democracy protesters in Egypt, his administration spent its first two years easing the U.S. push for human rights reforms in that country.

Early in Obama's presidency, officials cut in half funding to promote democracy in Egypt. They also agreed to restrict certain grants only to organizations licensed by President Hosni Mubarak's authoritarian regime, reversing a Bush administration policy of funding groups at odds with the government.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, at a March 2009 meeting with Mubarak at an Egyptian resort on the Red Sea, seemed to downplay a State Department report documenting torture, rape and political detentions in Egypt.

"We issue these reports on every country," Clinton told a television interviewer. "And so we hope that it will be taken in the spirit in which it is offered, that we all have room for improvement."

Egyptian dissidents were distressed by the administration's message

www.americanthinker.com...
edit on 30-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This move makes me wonder how the Jewish Americans are going to view President Obama especially seeing as how many of them were angered by his words calling for the return to 1967 Israeli borders. Now we can add official recognition of the Muslim Brotherhood to the list.

Any Jew who's so stupid they think Obama called for a return to the 1967 borders votes republican anyway (he advised using the 1967 borders as a "starting point" for further negotiations, favoring land trades. Very different thing.)

The Muslim Brotherhood doesn't recognize Israel? So what? Neither do most of the states in the region we happily do business with. Israel is not the lynchpin of Us policy.

We must also not forget that this goes beyond just Jewish Americans angered by this issue but presumably most Americans. The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in 1928 by hard-line Islamists that are just short of being part of the terrorist movement, I say just short of it because they claim to denounce any form of terrorism. But that does not mean they are not completely crazy. Take this man for instance, Yusuf Al-Qaradhawi, he was offered role as leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2004 which he turned down and is still considered one of the intellectual and spiritual leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Now this is guy is definitely peaceful, he loves all people he would not want to harm anyone, right?

Yep. The Muslim Brotherhood are Hard-liners who do not perform acts of violence or terrorism. What's your point? In this regard, they're no different from a fair number of political organizations here i nthe US. That they're Muslims doesn't make a huge difference; Egypt is mostly Muslim, after all.

These are the same people who are pushing for an Islamic Caliphate and absolutely hate the Western way of life, yet Obama has now recognized them, not as an extremist group, but as a true political organization as if it is secular or democratic. Nice job Obama, tell me again where your allegiance stands?

The Muslim Brotherhood is a legitimate political organization. it is democratic. it is not seeking a Caliphate. It is not "secular," but then neither are the Republican or constitution party here i nthe US (Or any party in Israel, for that matter)

Obama realizes that it is not in our national interest to throw away one of our longest-standing allies in the region simply because they might hire on a political party some Americans disagree with. if this were the standard, we'd have absolutely no international alliances at all. And when those Americans are people who are wholly ignorant of the facts, and based their argument on the premise that "Hurp durp if Israel hates 'em so do I!" there's even less reason to follow through on their opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Nice of you to pretty much call for the assassination of the US president, Sky Watcher.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would'nt worry about this group to much. If they start getting out of hand and not towing the U.S. line you can rest assured the Eygptian military will take over. Everyone knows they are the real power in Eygpt and they tow the line.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've done enough research on the Brotherhood over the past year to know that a much broader game is well underway right beneath our noses. The connections are everywhere and their quest for power in a volatile region is very real and we are helping them. It all started with Obama's official request for Mubareks ouster Egypt, The Brotherhoods "homeland".

We now have activity in Libya, Yemen and Somalia and Syria could be next. If the Brotherhood achieves control of Somalia and Yemen they will have the main oil shipping lanes literally lynched to the North ( Suez Canal) and the South at the Gulf of Aden.

I often get the feeling that foreign interests are softening the "targets" for the Brotherhood to take hold.

Back to some connections... Huma Abedin, Weiner's wife and Hillary's "right hand maiden", is directly linked to the Brotherhood via her Mother and Brother. I detailed this development in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you really want to get into it read Jim Marrs' book "The rise of the Fourth Reich..." and also study how the Brotherhood was connected to the Nazis and probably still is.

Everyday its something new...in a world that is about to witness a repeat of history.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I would'nt worry about this group to much. If they start getting out of hand and not towing the U.S. line you can rest assured the Eygptian military will take over. Everyone knows they are the real power in Eygpt and they tow the line.

Sadly, we are towing THEIR line. The damage is done and the foundation has been laid.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

the us presidents have called for the assassination of other countries presidents
so ....?

the us declared Hamas elected in palistien a terrorist org...
so
the MB is a western fraud
edit on 1-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
the same muslim brotherhood who obama is helping in libya isnt it.

got to set the stage for the next round of players dont you know.

within 10 years the us went from fighting islamic terrorism to aiding them

my how we do not learn nothing from history.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is a decision for Egypt to make from the chaos of its revolution. The Muslim / Judeo-Christian conflict has been going on for thousands of years. The US can either accept it or keep this sad, dumb ass conflict up.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is this any surprise considering Hillary Clinton's association with them? With Weiner's wife working for her, and her mother and brother both members, how can the Obomba administration not recognize them?

/TOA

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Any Jew who's so stupid they think Obama called for a return to the 1967 borders votes republican anyway (he advised using the 1967 borders as a "starting point" for further negotiations, favoring land trades. Very different thing.)

This. Anyone who thinks that:

"The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine," Obama said in the concluding section of his 45-minute address that looked at political and social change sweeping across the Middle East and North Africa.

"We believe the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states," Obama continued.

Source: CNN.com

...could possibly mean that he is calling for the 1967 borders is clearly an idiot.

/TOA
edit on 1-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

after netanyahoo set him straight on that issue he was apparently like smakdownified....
like he just realized he ( obama) isn't really running anything

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivered a stern message to President Obama in the Oval Office on Friday, refusing to support Obama's recommendation that Israel return to its pre-1967 borders.

"While Israel is prepared to make generous compromises for peace ... it cannot go back to 1967 lines, because these lines are indefensible," Netanyahu said, sitting forward on his chair just a few feet from Obama.

Obama sat stiffly to the left of Netanyahu, clearly frustrated with the prime minister's brusque remarks after a private meeting between the leaders that lasted hours longer than scheduled. Obama had focused on the friendship between the two nations in his post-meeting remarks – which he delivered ahead of Netanyahu's comments. Notably, Obama did not discuss a recommendation he made on Thursday that Israel return to its pre-1967 borders.

washingtonexaminer.com...

shaddap and give us the money

edit on 1-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The only thing left for Obama to do is to take pilgrimage to Mecca!

He is the False Prophet who will embrace the Mahdi and fool them all!

edit on 7/1/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join