It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio governor signs law allowing guns in bars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Lol how can this possibly turn out bad? Still pretty funny to think about.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I want some of what the governor is smoking. Good thing I quit drinking so I don't ever have to worry about going to a bar in Ohio.
I wonder how many drunk people will challenge someone to a duel...
edit on 30-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Didn't read the link, did you? Check this:

The law also prohibits gun owners from consuming alcohol or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs when they carry their weapons into bars.

www.reuters.com...

I live in Ohio, and we can also now carry in our cars without a permit, and soon will be able to carry concealed without a permit, as long as you can get a permit, you can carry. Ohio is an open carry State, has been for years. I carry my pistol all the time, and it is not a little one either. It's a .44 cap and ball Revolver that looks like a hand cannon when it's pointed in your direction. The State of Ohio is all about gun rights.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ohio joins Tennessee, Arizona, Georgia, New Mexico and Virginia, that recently enacted laws explicitly allowing loaded guns in bars. (40 states now allow concealed weapons in at least some establishments serving alcohol.)

Restaurants do have the option to prohibit weapons in their establishments by posting signs.

In Virginia you can carry concealed weapons - so long as you don't drink. (If they do drink and carry concealed, they can get up to six months in jail and a fine of $1,000.) Previously in Virginia you had to open carry only.

So as you paranoid, "OMG, it will be like Wyatt Earp and the old West" People should relize that you have been dinning with people carrying concealed weapons for a while now and there is noting to fear.

I think the people that freak out about this type of thing are just seing themselves as the type that could freak out and shoot someone and would drink while carrying concealed.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

for the past few years, drunks have shoot at each other, drive by shootings, etc. in the area where i live.

so, it's already happening in low end bars.

if you want a margarita, go to a restaurant, sport bar, or other places the low life avoid.

this new law will definitely make the news soon.

our society is full of mentally challenged people, now they will shoot at each other, the brawls must be getting boring.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiCitizenZone
Living in Ohio, and having a CC Permit, let me just say that anyone who thinks this is a bad idea is not taking into account that:

#1 There is also a law in place that the owner of the weapon can not be under the influence while carrying.

#2 No respectable gun owner would take a fire arm in a packed club, unless circumstances warrant it.

#3 Saying I cant take my gun into an Applebees, (which serves alchol and has a bar) is like saying I can only defend myself at Burger King?????? Does that make sense to you?

The Bill is a good measure to insure those of us who have under gone extensive background checks and training, have the right, and the mindset to defend themselves anywhere.

As a fellow Ohioan and permit holder I say Double Ditto to your post. For me its not about the "bar" aspect or the carrying in a nightclub (which I no longer go to). It's about the restaurants which happen to serve alcohol. A couple of my favorite restaurants aren't in the nicest of neighborhoods and locking my weapon in the car never made sense so I rarely went to them. It's a different story now.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This sounds like it could turn out like a few hunting trips I have NOT take when invited.

OK, call me a little skiddish, but there is just something about "DRUNKS WITH GUNS" that I always try to avoid.

But, now that I think of it.

That could be the bases for a REAL reality show.
edit on 1-7-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511
reply to post by IPILYA

for the past few years, drunks have shoot at each other, drive by shootings, etc. in the area where i live.

so, it's already happening in low end bars.

if you want a margarita, go to a restaurant, sport bar, or other places the low life avoid.

this new law will definitely make the news soon.

our society is full of mentally challenged people, now they will shoot at each other, the brawls must be getting boring.

Those people you refer to are criminals. This law allows someone to go to Applebee's, Friday's, ect. and carry concealed. Low life criminals will not be effected by any laws. They are criminals and don't follow the law. That's what makes them criminals. Duh. Sheesh.
edit on 1-7-2011 by VAPatriot because: spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is idiotic.

This isn't the Wild West. I don't frequent bars very much anymore, but it doesn't take much for a jackass to start garbage with anyone, even if that person is minding his own business.

Stupid.

We are regressing as a nation.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Ghost375
I want some of what the governor is smoking. Good thing I quit drinking so I don't ever have to worry about going to a bar in Ohio.
I wonder how many drunk people will challenge someone to a duel...
edit on 30-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Didn't read the link, did you? Check this:

The law also prohibits gun owners from consuming alcohol or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs when they carry their weapons into bars.

www.reuters.com...

I live in Ohio, and we can also now carry in our cars without a permit, and soon will be able to carry concealed without a permit, as long as you can get a permit, you can carry. Ohio is an open carry State, has been for years. I carry my pistol all the time, and it is not a little one either. It's a .44 cap and ball Revolver that looks like a hand cannon when it's pointed in your direction. The State of Ohio is all about gun rights.

Auto,
Regrettably, at the moment, you CANNOT carry in your car WITHOUT a CHL. As soon as you step into a car, or climb onto a bike, you are legally classed as carrying concealed and for that, you MUST have a CHL.

My main aim on resurrecting this thread, is that today is that day that law has taken effect. So far, there are NO rivers of blood in any streets and there have been NO shootouts. Gee, who would have thought that?! Oh wait..the other 40+ states who have the same law and have seen little to no increase in gun related crimes while carrying into a establishment that serves alcohol, alongside the CHL holders who fought to get this bill passed!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

The fearmongering that is done with regards to conceal carry is insane. Whats funny is the number of guns in bars probably wont change. If anything the number of guns in bars would be better stated as legally having a gun in a bar.

I dont care for the strict interpretation of being in a vehicle. Michigan is the same way.

Here in missouri if you are on your own property or inside your vehicle you can legally carry concealed without a license. If you get pulled over just make sure you let the officer know. If you dont and you step out of your car your technically in violation.

Either way im glad some states are exercising common sense with this topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join