It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police steals half a million dollars from the taxpayers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hi everyone! Remember that story back in January about a shooting incident in Woodland Hills, CA and an officer, Jeff Stenroos, got shot? Just thought it'll be fun to finally post an update to the story for those of you that are interested.

But first, here is the first news story about this:

A Los Angeles Unified School District police officer was shot in the chest near El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills at Burbank Boulevard and Platt Avenue about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Stenroos received a suspect description. When the officer saw a man fitting the description, he exited his car and the suspect fired at least once, striking Stenroos in the chest.

Source

Beck: Manhunt cost an estimated $500,000

A school police officer who triggered a massive manhunt by saying he had been shot in his bulletproof vest was regarded as a pariah Friday by authorities who deemed the shooting a hoax.

The manhunt cost an estimated $500,000, Beck said, and countless residents and workers were delayed for hours as they tried to move around the neighborhood.

Students were kept in classrooms without access to food or bathrooms, prompting anger and frustration from parents. Some students had to urinate in trash cans.

Source

Stenroos admits responsibility in gunshot hoax

Officials say Jeffrey Stenroos, the Los Angeles School Police officer who sparked a massive manhunt after claiming he'd been shot by an assailant, has told detectives he was responsible for the shooting.

Stenroos says it was an accident.

Source

Officer who lied about being shot is charged

Prosecutors filed criminal charges Thursday against the Los Angeles Schools police officer who lied about being shot outside a Woodland Hills high school.

Prosecutors charged Officer Jeff Stenroos with one felony count each of filing a false report, preparing false documentary evidence, perjury, and insurance fraud. If convicted, he faces five years in prison.

Source

The thing that enrages me the most about this is not that a police lied to win some insurance money, but he lied to STEAL $500,000 from the tax payers.

$500,000 of the tax payer's money went to the police's paychecks because of what he did. Well isn't that nice for the police.

Half a million to paychecks for the cost of a cop's 5 years and 8 months.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well he better give me $250,000 or I'm telling on him!

Anyways, F the Police. N.W.A. says it the best, ya dig?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Goddamn this wasn't an accident what a #in idiot trying to be a false hero...jerk

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

but he lied to STEAL $500,000 from the tax payers.

I don't see anywhere where it says he lied to steal $500,000, or did I miss the part that says he went on vacation to Hawaii in his new private jet?

Instead, it should say, "Police officer lies about shooting, wastes $500,000 in taxes on manhunt"

Besides, if anyone thinks $500k is a lot of money compared to how deep we're in the #ter, you have no idea what the value of money really is.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Interesting... so an officer, who admits he made it up, who should be responsible for the amount is dimissed by you. Instead, you go after the officers who took the call seriously, claiming they stole more than 500k from the taxpayers.

You do understand that until a situation like that can be cleared, the process and mindset is there is a person who is armed, who took a shot at the police, is in the area with civilians and poses a danger to the public.

While I have no issues with the officer who made it up getting the book thrown at him along with some jail time and a requirement to repay the department / citizens for the moeny he wasted by making the false claim, to go afer the police who nresponded to that call is a bit cowardly dont ya think?

The LA Unified School district operates under their own authority and chain of command and are seperate from the LAPD, just like the PD at LAX.

If you are going to accuse them of theft, maybe you would like to support your claims with actual proff the police who responded new it was a hoax? Absent that, quit being angry and looking for any reason to blame all police for the actions, in this case, of one officer.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Taxation in and of itself is theft. Taxes are either confiscated from your wages before you ever see them, or are extorted from you under threat of violence. The police didn't steal any money from "taxpayers". It was already stolen in the first place. Par for the course.

I'm less concerned with the sophomoric shenanigans the police pull with our money than the premise that they shouldn't even have it at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Banks stealing trilions of dollars and you are whining about half a milion

new topics

top topics

join