It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Observasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Just wondering...why in some posts there are "word" tags highlighted...as underlined text...that lead to advertisements...or other sites unrelated to ATS, as advertisements or other "crap" and the "legitimate" responses have none of the above...I see that there are some who are making money posting with hopes that some "Noobs" will hit the link...just asking?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
Just wondering...why in some posts there are "word" tags highlighted...as underlined text...that lead to advertisements...or other sites unrelated to ATS, as advertisements or other "crap" and the "legitimate" responses have none of the above...I see that there are some who are making money posting with hopes that some "Noobs" will hit the link...just asking?

Can you please link to a post as an example. I am completely unsure what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
all you have to do is look at what you are reading...if there are words that are "highlighted" with double lines underneath...that are a link...I ask only Why?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

all you have to do is look at what you are reading...if there are words that are "highlighted" with double lines underneath...that are a link...I ask only Why?

I'm sorry, but I do not see that and it has never been reported here before.

Please take a screen shot so staff can see what YOU are seeing. That is the only way anyone will know what is going on, on your end.

Also, info such as what browser and operating system you are using may help us identify what you are talking about.

edit on June 30th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You can't link to outside websites in the signature. I know; I tried.
Other sites don't allow you to link to other sites in normal posts because they're greedy, take Youtube for example.
And it's a good way to keep opinions you don't like out of easy access. Imagine if someone posted a link to an enlightening website on a video of cute kittens falling behind a couch. The masses might actually wake up.

So you have the realistic reason, and the conspiratorial reason, for why other mainstream websites don't allow links.

It's observation by the way... English is dumb having both sion and tion endings.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You're only supposed to see these when you are not logged in. If you are still seeing them. Log out, close your browser, clear your history, and log back in.

That should fix it.

ETA: Unless you are speaking of links added by posters.

edit on 6/30/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   
WOW...another one in the dark or just another one of the "Perps"...it ain't rocket science...just observe.

link   

Originally posted by Klassified
You're only supposed to see these when you are not logged in. If you are still seeing them. Log out, close your browser, clear your history, and log back in.

That should fix it.

Thank you for your input...im curious if this is indeed the problem! However, he is logged on.
edit on June 30th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

This happens on my desktop that the kids use. They download some game site or something and then random words get highlighted in the text of sites like this. Drives me nuts. :bnghd:

Look and see what has been recently downloaded into your computer and you will probably find the culprit. Also, the pop-up ad usually has the name of the program that's causing it in the pop up. Look for that name in your programs list and, when you get rid of that program, it should stop.

At least until your kids upload another game program...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

WOW...another one in the dark or just another one of the "Perps"...it ain't rocket science...just observe.

Im sorry, but there is absolutely no reason to be rude here. None.

I, as a member of the staff, am trying to help you. And until you provide something to help me help you, we shall remain at a stailmate.

If you have further issues, use the Complaint Form to get the full attention of staff.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join