It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: US Should Declare Bankruptcy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I know our economy is dying, it has been for the last centuary. Your friend here likes to dazzle with his language skills but there is just no reason or substance to what he writes. He thinks that relying on the system that brought the world economy to its knees for the 3rd time in 100 years is the best way forward. The good man also seems to believe that economy can be run without rules from Governments, which is a highly naieve thing to think. It is de-regulation of the banks that allowed the toxic lending of money that didn't exist that caused the crisis in the first place.

Allow banks to act as they please in an economy and it will always end in disaster, how many times do we have to go through this same economic collapse brought on by the same banks before we say enough is enough.

Your good man also shows how weak his argument is when the best he can do is talk about grammar, spelling and punctuation whilst at the same time as labling somebody a tyrant just because somebody doesn't believe their political views work.

Your man is not worth the argument as he clearly knows jack # about how the English language is used in the nation that created it and jack # about anything outside of the USA. Remind me again Jean what part of England is Scotland in?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
He has to be a target of the new world order , I mean suggesting to deny their bank trillions of dollars off the backs of the middle and lower class Americans.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I guess i'm not suprised by this comment, i never took Ron for a serious canidate anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Yeah youre right, everything else he stands for is meaningless now right?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
Presidential candidate Ron Paul believes the answer to the U.S. financial crisis is simple – the country should just walk away from its debt and declare itself bankrupt.

And if the Obama administration is unwilling to take that drastic step, it should disband the Federal Reserve, so it doesn’t have to pay back $1.6 trillion it owes it, The Republican presidential hopeful said.

Paul made the comments during a radio interview in Des Moines, Iowa on Monday, the day Obama met GOP and Democratic Senate leaders in a bid to find common ground on the ceiling.

www.newsmax.com...

On that front, Ron Paul just excluded himself from becoming president. I dont really understand why he would say this. IT IS TRUE, but it is also political suicide.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
How is by painting this black-bleak picture of our current economic statues a call for arms against Ron Paul

So I have a question to the individuals who think Ron Blew this one.

Have you ever went to the bank and your out of funds

On returning home, did you tell your spouse, " owe don't worry we have plenty of cash."

Or did you tell your spouse," we are out of cash, and we need change."

Pretty simple really, i would vote in a heartbeat for anyone that has commonsense and knows, the time to get this leechous entity called the " Federal Reserve," out of the U.S.

There are ways of keeping a countries sovereignty without losing our constitution, you just have to think outside the box a bit

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
How is by painting this black-bleak picture of our current economic statues a call for arms against Ron Paul

On returning home, did you tell your spouse, " owe don't worry we have plenty of cash."

Pretty simple really, i would vote in a heartbeat for anyone that has commonsense and knows, the time to get this leechous entity called the " Federal Reserve," out of the U.S.

There are ways of keeping a countries sovereignty without losing our constitution, you just have to think outside the box a bit

There are a lot of people who dont want to face the truth.

Its honestly as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

I think you are missing our point.

Im not saying that I dont think he is right/correct, but we here at ATS have somewhat of the same view point on our government and RP thinks a lot like we do.

Unfortunately, the VASY MAJORITY of the American people dont think like we do. They dont see the things in the same light as we do and for him to say this, strikes a HUGE blow to the collective EGO of the people of this country.

Not only that, but it will cripple the rest of the world whos eyes are no more open than most Americans.

So at the end of the day, people will look to America as the reason for their pain and suffering, if they dont already feel that way to begin with.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Your good man also shows how weak his argument is when the best he can do is talk about grammar, spelling and punctuation whilst at the same time as labling somebody a tyrant just because somebody doesn't believe their political views work.

I was thinking about this this morning. I went out and bought breakfast, and there was a homeless guy, so I bought some for him too, and it made me recall JPZs argument about "if you want to care for someone on the street fine, but no one should be forced to if they dont want to via taxes...........etc."

And its just not a good argument. We are forced to pay for wars we dont agree with, corporate subsidies we dont agree with, infrastructure that we as individuals may not use, etc. Public goods are public goods, and its telling that those who throw the label "communism" around only really target those public goods that benefit nobodies. They often dont mind taxing and spending at all, when it provides them with courts in which to wage their property right battles, or roads to distribute their merchandise, or wars to gain them access to someone elses resources, or police forces to subdue the people who might rise up and toss them on their butts.

It really isnt a substantive argument, but rather is an eloquent rant against "welfare" for the poor, while ignoring how much the rich benefit from public spending.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

But you do agree with them, collectivly at least because you guys voted them in.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Well, no, I dont agree with them. And you have to remember, in America, 40 odd percent of people at any given time did NOT vote for the politicians or polices that are in place. You really cant say "we agree with them" because our form of democracy means that 49.9 percent of the people can disagree with a policy and it can still operate in the US. Or more, Bush did not win the popular vote, he had less than half the votes and he still was president and set our course.

And, Ive been arguing for years that our electoral system, and the way the media winnows the candidates down to two, as if that were our only two viable choices, is a problem. Sure, you can argue that Americans should just know that and act differently, but thats not working. The media DOES have inordinate control over who gets elected, and we do need to do something about it, or what ends up happening is that people choose between two candidates, neither of whom they really agree with, because they think their only choice is the lesser of two evils.

People in general are NOT in agreement with how our country is being run, I think the majority is unhappy, the problem is that people are still buying into the "partisan" fallacy, that one of the two teams can fix it, but the other team is messing it all up, when in fact, neither team really represents the will of the majority of the people in any real way.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Ron Paul doesn't mean `` declare bankruptcy`` the way you guys think he means `` declare bankruptcy``, he never said not to repay people that lent us something of ``value``. He saying don't pay the fed which charges ``interest`` on money it lends us that has no value. Watch the video I posted.

how does that work?

how would that help us with 29% interest on some CC's?

can we just not pay that too?

0% interest for everyone? then he might have a chance to win. just like obama money!

if we have to pay and the gov doesn't, not gonna be pretty for him.

and what's the "money it lends us that has no value" mean?

can i tell citybank the money they lent me has no value?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If people are not in agreement with how the current parties operate then people should get together, start their own party and run for election. Surely if you did this to reflect the true thoughts of americans then you would be voted in. Trouble is most people are happy to complain about the government but just do not want to do anything about it. That is as good as agreeing with them really.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
if the us would declare bankruptcy,it would cause as much world chaos as a potential catastrophic natural disaster would! it is just plain out stupid for an educated man like ron paul to ever make a statement like this no matter how free speech is!we have seriosu money problems,but bankruptcy sure as hell ain't the answer!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
if the us would declare bankruptcy,it would cause as much world chaos as a potential catastrophic natural disaster would! it is just plain out stupid for an educated man like ron paul to ever make a statement like this no matter how free speech is!we have seriosu money problems,but bankruptcy sure as hell ain't the answer!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

Not at all I like alot of Ron Paul's ideas and I think he makes a great congressmen. I just don't think he's serious about running for president. I think he uses running as president as a platform to get his ideas out to a wider audience. Nothing wrong with that in fact I think it's a pretty good idea. I just don't believe he really wants to or is serious about being president.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsontidefan

we have seriosu money problems,but bankruptcy sure as hell ain't the answer!

And why are there money problems? Where does the money come from? From what ever possible noble intentions that started the Fed why has it become a system based on perpetual debt? There are no solutions to this ongoing problem while the source of the issues remain. May the fed rest in peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Reading further down in the article:

Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, said, “Why would you do that? It would create a huge financial crisis and put Wall Street out of business.

Wall Street out of business? What business, the business of making trillions from derivatives and CMOs only to then push the onto the American people? Bankruptcy for the win!!!

Paul said he didn’t dread the thought of the United States defaulting on its debts, one consequence of a refusal to lift the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling which will be reached on August 2, as, he said, the country is constantly defaulting due to inflation.

Once again, Dr. Paul shows why his understanding of the financial system is better than most. Sure we can pay our debts, dont mind the fact that the value of the currency is becoming more worthless by the day.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Many of you naysayers regarding Ron Paul misunderstand what he says. If you listen closely to his speech. He didn't say we should declare bankruptcy, what he said was if things continue as they are other words he mentioned Obama specifically then we should declare bankruptcy because that's the only way out of it.

If the same old same old is used guess what were going to get the same old. What Ron Paul is saying we must make major changes not Band-Aid approaches as we have for the last oh my gosh, ever since I can remember.if you have a house this that he brought this rotted. The walls are rotted floors are rotted the wiring is obsolete. Plumbing is obsolete than only thing they can do to fix that house is to knock it down. Now you can start over and build good house.

As you all know, the Federal Reserve is privately owned and to a large extent they're the ones who helped get us into this mess by encouraging more borrowing, an easy dollar, etc. etc. etc.

The good old boys network must change. Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve and get rid of or drastically change IRS. He wants to streamline many of our governmental functions have a lot less government. I don't know about you but I'm all for that. I don't know about you but how many maids and Butlers, and chauffeurs can you afford. How much handholding. Can you afford? How much handholding you want? How much do you want to be regulated?

Ron Paul it in short is simply saying less is more. I'm all for that. We all should be!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

What country are you from?

America is HUGE. Its not as easy in America to "get people together" to come to some conclusion. Especially when the media is working against us, by making it appear that the majority of Americans whom you live far from and have never met are all for what the government is doing.

Its an illusion we are slowly starting to see through. But its not something that is happening all at once in all places. Many people still think that seeing the media show two or three staged "Osama is dead" celebrations means thats what was going on around the nation, even if it didnt happen where they were. And it wasnt what was going on all over.

But Americans protesting in general are NEVER shown on TV, unless there is chaos, to turn the public opinion against them, etc. We are being deliberately mislead about what other Americans are thinking, feeling, etc., because if you feel isolated and alone, you are far less likely to act.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join