It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: US Should Declare Bankruptcy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Presidential candidate Ron Paul believes the answer to the U.S. financial crisis is simple – the country should just walk away from its debt and declare itself bankrupt.

And if the Obama administration is unwilling to take that drastic step, it should disband the Federal Reserve, so it doesn’t have to pay back $1.6 trillion it owes it, The Republican presidential hopeful said.

Paul made the comments during a radio interview in Des Moines, Iowa on Monday, the day Obama met GOP and Democratic Senate leaders in a bid to find common ground on the ceiling.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I mostly brought this up to go along with this thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guess Ron Paul not the munchkin freedom fighter some took him for.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That would be such a classic move. "What? you think we owe you something. No we don't.*waves hand like a Jedi* Hmm, you still want your trillions of dollars? Here's a nuke instead."

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is sure to win over the popular vote for Ron Paul's Presidential run.

Just another reason why he won't win.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul makes me kinda sad, I mean i really do like a bit of his platform but then he comes up with something like this and ruins it all..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

Ron Paul makes me kinda sad, I mean i really do like a bit of his platform but then he comes up with something like this and ruins it all..

You mean being a realist?

It might not be a popular solution, but it sure is a more correct one...

You think extending the debt ceiling will do anything positive? For more than 1 year in the future? How will it help 50-100 years from now?

Its like maxed out credit cards, cant even make the min payments anymore... So the solution is to get more credit? Pftttt

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Do you honestly believe that a good platform to run on is..

"We should go bankrupt?"

This is another nail in the coffin for his campaign....regardless of the reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I dont care about voting at all... its all rigged IMO...

I think he is right, we should default... Piling up more debt isnt any kind of sane solution... Only one that will hurt future unborn generations

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If America declares bankrupsy its currency will be worth nothing over night, meaning anything you want to buy abroad will cost you drastically more and anything you want to sell abroad will bring you in peanuts. Also foreign investment would cease as there would be no confidence in their investments held in America. America would implode and become the poor nation of the world almost over night.

ron Paul is off his rocker if he thinks that this is the right path for the USA.

link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by morder1

Do you honestly believe that a good platform to run on is..

"We should go bankrupt?"

This is another nail in the coffin for his campaign....regardless of the reasons.

claim bankruptcy and restructure?...sounds like a good idea...same way a business would do seeing how the government likes to run a business.

link   
reply to post by morder1

I dont care about voting at all... its all rigged IMO...

Voting or not...there is no way the majority of Americans would support bankruptcy....this would cause a ton of problems....horrible ones.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by txraised254

claim bankruptcy and restructure?...sounds like a good idea...same way a business would do seeing how the government likes to run a business.

Yeah, maybe China send the nukes shortly after we collapse the world economy.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here's the video interview.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
If America declares bankrupsy its currency will be worth nothing over night, meaning anything you want to buy abroad will cost you drastically more and anything you want to sell abroad will bring you in peanuts. Also foreign investment would cease as there would be no confidence in their investments held in America. America would implode and become the poor nation of the world almost over night.

ron Paul is off his rocker if he thinks that this is the right path for the USA.

the dollar is on its way to nothing now..might as well bite the bullet now.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

If America declares bankrupsy its currency will be worth nothing over night, meaning anything you want to buy abroad will cost you drastically more and anything you want to sell abroad will bring you in peanuts. Also foreign investment would cease as there would be no confidence in their investments held in America. America would implode and become the poor nation of the world almost over night. ron Paul is off his rocker if he thinks that this is the right path for the USA.

Absolutely!! You can say goodbye to a Presidential bid. He's done.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

R.P. is trying to make the point that the whole system is corrupt and rigged...
So why not play along and massage this joke of system to our advantage...

There is no reason to play fair if your the only one trying to follow the rules...

Especially if the rules are being circumvented by the corrupt majority and laughing at all the rest of us...
edit on 30-6-2011 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

America relies on foreign trade and investment as much as it relies on itself. America declares its self bankrupt and you can kiss goodbuy to any kind of foreign trade or investment for the foreseable future. Going for bankrupsy to solve a problem is like pouring red hot oil on yourself to put out of fire.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Would lead to hyperinflation and an inability to borrow from anyone on the world stage.

Think $4 a gallon is a lot? Try $400.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Yeah, maybe China send the nukes shortly after we collapse the world economy.

so when the dollars crashes.....?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
As Dr.Paul says we have to live within our means, and the US hasnt been for many years now.
Bankruptcy seems to be a solution, plus taking down the privatized federal reserve, then maybe we can start
rebuilding this country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join