It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Word Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Odd

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
VACCARY: A cow pasture.

The verdant fields spread before them, welcoming the presence of a thousand minds with nothing but benevolence.

Destiny had brought them here, but it had been more heavy-handed than was its usual wont. Each of them had waken from a strange dream of an ancient land, a place of great beauty and black horror. It was the enchantment of the glinting blade, the sinuous beauty of the serpent poised to strike.

They hated that lovely land, and would one day see it burn.

Accretion

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So apparently I need to define Vacary? But it's just been done... lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accretion:

Rick and I started to examine those excellent pictures sent by the Hubble telescope and we were fascinated... From what we could see, that forming star system was in its early stages, and the accretion disk was so important that we could be nearly sure that in a few millions of years, planets will be orbiting that star. Maybe even earth-like planets... We started to imagine that the solar system, in its early age, was probably looking very much like that, and I had a few shivers... What a wonderful universe we're in... Too bad I can't live billions of years to see all those marvelous phenomenons...

Ok, now go for "Tiller".

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Accretion (as related to Astronomy)- An increase in the mass of a celestial object by the collection of surrounding interstellar gases and objects by gravity.

The tiller in the field looked up, wiping great beads of sweat from his brow. The sun was bright, shining at him and washing him in lifegiving rays. The ship had come, and glided silently overhead and beyond, to the dark portal in the mountainside.

Soon everyone in the village had appeared from their homes and set out for the mountain. There would be great sacrifices and offerings to the appearing gods from above.

He had lost his daughter in the last coming, and had no more to offer.

Soon the others would learn.

The tiller bent over his field and continued working.

New word- defenestrate.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We're way out of wack with the definition part so the word that I can find that has not been defined is:

verisimilitude: noun: 1. The appearance of truth; the quality of seeming to be true. 2. Something that has the appearance of being true or real.

Also Tiller: someone who tills land (prepares the soil for the planting of crops)

When e're I drive the nation's roads
To view our lovely states,
I always use my litter bag
And never e'er defenestrate.

dumfungled

[edit on 04/11/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There once was a man,
who lived in a can,
and got himself banned,
from the ATS webboard.

Why do you say,
was he banned that day?
Because of the way,
he dumfungled other members.

New word - blasphemy

[edit on 1/17/2005 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't quite do it right.

defenestrate
verb : throw through or out of the window; "The rebels stormed the palace and defenestrated the President"

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Dumfungled: 1830's vernacular for used up.

The blistering heat had reached its peak and the hand laid down it's work. Sweat seemed to radiate from the fields and breath served as a reminder of the cracking skin on his face. Rest would be appreciated for a spell; but there was yet much to be done.

"I'm through," he wanted to yell out, "I'm done now!" Instead he let out a soft exhalation, noting that such an act would be considered blasphemy by similarily exhausted efforts. The fruits of these labors would suffice them through another winter and he set back to work in resigned fashion; there would be the calm evening to relax his wearied soul.

Next word: machination

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Blasphemy-the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God

With the world an aggravation
We do our best to build a nation
But when we take our battle stations
We can't get by without machinations

Motet

[edit on 2005/7/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Machination-
1.The act of plotting.
2. A crafty scheme or cunning design for the accomplishment of a sinister end.

How the egyptions squandered their Motet,
Their art, the beauty, the writings.
'Tis a pity of the waste.
'Tis a pity indeed.

Dinkum

[edit on 12-7-2005 by AeroQuake]

[edit on 13-7-2005 by AeroQuake]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join