It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Money Will Colbert Raise For Obama, And Do You Think It'll Help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Now that the FEC has allowed Colbert and Viacom to become a SuperPAC (Stephen Colbert's super PAC gets approval ), how much do you think they will be able to raise for Obama, and do you think it'll make any difference?

I'm estimating they'll raise about $200 million, and it won't make one bit of difference to influence Obama's one-term Presidency.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
1) I'm happy Colbert got approval for this, I honestly am.

2) I agree with you on both points. I do believe he will be able to raise a substantial amount (after all, he has Colbert Nation out there). I also agree with you it won't make one bit of difference for Obama's potential second term.

3) I appreciate you posting this as a thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Can you lead us to your source of information on how this money will be raised for Obama?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I just heard that our government is going to sit down and discuss (legitimise) with the Muslim Brotherhood...

I dont think any bit of money will help him for a 2nd term.

November 2012 can't come soon enough in my opinion.

thank you for your post by the way.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Can you lead us to your source of information on how this money will be raised for Obama?

Viacom's and Colbert's left leanings? Good enough?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Remember how much money he/they raised with that whole" Jimmy Falon is my BFF for 6 months" thing that culminated in them doing a rendition of "Friday!"?

HAHA, I can't wait to see this. Who knows what kind of webs they weave of self promoting satire. This is gonna be funny.

Good post. I wish I would have thought to make this thread. S&F

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Obama? Lol, apparently you don't know much about Colbert. His SuperPAC is a parody of the GOP/DNC SuperPACs.

Colbert said he is not running for president “yet.” When asked by ABC News how soon he may begin running advertisements, Colbert said it depended on how much money he is able to fundraise.
source

He is doing what he always does, poking fun of the electoral process. Is it paranoia that you think this is for Obama?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You should worry about the Koch Brothers more.. You should worry about the Swift Boaters..

I really hate when people act like we are all too stupid to have payed attention to previous elections since 1981..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Now that the FEC has allowed Colbert and Viacom to become a SuperPAC (Stephen Colbert's super PAC gets approval ), how much do you think they will be able to raise for Obama, and do you think it'll make any difference?

I'm estimating they'll raise about $200 million, and it won't make one bit of difference to influence Obama's one-term Presidency.

The guarantee Obama wins in 2012. No doubt.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Just checking. Your statement IS an assumption, but a fair one. I will marvel though if whatever money he raises is put to such mundane use. I anticipate something much more critical of the system as a whole.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm thinking this'll be another funnel for Soros to put money into Obama's "pockets".

And as for the paranoia, this is a conspiracy website, folks!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm thinking this'll be another funnel for Soros to put money into Obama's "pockets".

Why would he have to go all the trouble? The SCOTUS has declared corporations as "real people" and can funnel all the money they want to whatever political candidate they want. That's why we have these SuperPACs now. Soros could give Obama a billion dollars if he wanted to, no need for the skullduggery. Just like the Kochs can give millions to Wisc. governor Walker or billions to any GOP candidate. Thanks to that SCOTUS ruling the government is up for sale - more so than usual.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sumner Redstone is going to annouce his candidacy for presidency and announce that John Stewart will be his vp and Stephen Colbert will be his secretary of state..... Why else would they form a super pac?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Colbert is using this to demonstrate the problems that the conservative court has caused for the democracy.. The republicans have been bought and paid for.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'd like to see him trash other Super PAC's with his Super PAC....but again....people have to throw money into it for it to happen.

I don't see him promoting Obama either. He definitely leans to the left...that's easily apparent IMO...at least further than Stewart.

Stewart goes after everyone...although Fox News doesn't believe so.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
and the real beauty is that there is a large portion of the right who thinks hes one of theirs '
'
edit on 1-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure you fine folks will do (
) but if Colbert raised money as a part of his show and that money went to Obama, wouldn't he be in violation of election laws? Something like equal airtime for candidates and fund raising?
Just a thought.

Please poke holes.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure you fine folks will do (
) but if Colbert raised money as a part of his show and that money went to Obama, wouldn't he be in violation of election laws? Something like equal airtime for candidates and fund raising?
Just a thought.

Please poke holes.

How so? Try forming that all the way into a thought. In the meantime...no.

There are several things wrong with what Stephen is doing. That is why he is doing it so very very very very publicly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

Thanks for the input, (by the way, you've spilled some snark on the carpet) but I was under the impression that this was something he actually intended to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I don't think he will raise much money at all that was not already going to be given to Obama but will rather pull cash away from other means of donations. It will undoubtably be a slick and well run operation, but Obama's campaign was genius in the use of celebrities, social media and other forms of raising money and targeting folks for donations, certainly the best modern campaign machine we have ever seen and that will be repeated. Obama is a brilliant candidate.

So it will help some and folks will make a big deal of it because the media likes the notion that media figures are icons. After the analysis I would predict that he will have generated little net-new cash for Obama

<<   2 >>

join