It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We know who you are "And :wow: do we have news for you:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunsetatdawn
reply to post by laffoe

Just to clarify for you, I am a woman. A mother of four beautiful children who have made me into the person I am today. I know what unconditional love is and it is the best feeling in the world.

Unfortunately, not everyone in the world deserves this kind of love.

Everyone deserves unconditional love, if you believe they don't, you are not talking about unconditional love. You cannot put conditions on unconditional love.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sorry but I disagree with you. I do not feel unconditional love for a child molester, a rapist, a cold blooded murderer etc etc. I do not feel any love for these scum at all, do you?

I'm afraid I do understand the concept of unconditional love, I have not asked for any conditions. I just will not love everybody because I can't.
edit on 3-7-2011 by sunsetatdawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sorry but I disagree with you. I do not feel unconditional love for a child molester, a rapist, a cold blooded murderer etc etc. I do not feel any love for these scum at all, do you?

I am not asking you to feel love for anyone, I am speaking to language. You are placing conditions on love when you point to a child molester. This is your prerogative, but conditional love is not unconditional love. unconditional means exactly that, that there are no conditions to the love. The moment you begin pointing to conditions that preclude love you have abandoned unconditional love for conditional love.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Your way off from the point I was making. I have unconditional love for my children. Thats pretty much it

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Agreed, it is certainly not something that we have to qualify for.
God's love is given to us freely, natural and constantly.
We cannot buy it, we cannot earn it, it is just there... Amazing
That's not the same as saying that we don't have to do an effort.
Imagine God is reaching His heart out for all of us, think of how many
ignores it, hide away into mindgames, beating down that loving heart
time after time.
I would imagine that God would love some appreciation, some welcoming,
some friendlyness... Not just having to be the provider, called upon in needy
time.
Some effort put in for all the gifts we recieve all the time.
Some nobleness.

Thank God, thank-you for staying in my heart.
Hope you feel warm and welcome there.
Know that you will always be welcome by me, and your
loving presence appreciated.
Your loving guidance are always welcomed, and I realize that
my small will are only valuable aligned with Your divine Will,
your brightshining mind and your always loving heart.
Every day lived in Your presence I consider the greatest gift.
My gratefulness knows no limit.
Thank-you.
Amen

edit on 3-7-2011 by laffoe because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Your way off from the point I was making. I have unconditional love for my children. Thats pretty much it

I Am precisely on point. It is one thing to say you love your children unconditionally, it is another thing entirely to claim you know what unconditional love is and then turn around and place conditions on love.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Show me where I am placing conditions on unconditional love. I said I have unconditional love for my children, not everybody. You talk so much, try listening for a change.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Show me where I am placing conditions on unconditional love. I said I have unconditional love for my children, not everybody. You talk so much, try listening for a change.

My very first reply to you, I quoted your post in its entirety and did so to "show" you the conditions you were placing on love.

Look, if you want to love conditionally, this is your choice and I am not insisting you cannot. What I am insisting is that language is more precise than you are pretending it is. A is A. The exact moment you declare there are people undeserving of unconditional love that is the exact moment you ceased talking about unconditional love and began talking about conditional love.

You can further entrench yourself in your own myopia, or you can look past that, this choice is yours, but you are allowing language to speak you, and seem to want to refuse to simply just speak the language.

"

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Okay, I will try one last time to get through to you. I am NOT placing conditions on love, simply because there is no love for child molesters etc. I only have unconditional love for my children.

It's up to you if you want to have unconditional love for the scum of the earth.

And you still need to show me where I am placing conditions on love.

The arrogance is shining brightly with this one.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sunsetatdawn

Okay, I will try one last time to get through to you. I am NOT placing conditions on love, simply because there is no love for child molesters etc.

If you cannot see the contradiction in this statement, then you have much work ahead for you in terms of personal enlightenment. You can presume to lecture me about your intents, and again, pretend as if using language sloppily is irrelevant to intent, but this is not so. This is why the adage; "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" exists. That statement exists because people who rely upon their intentions to excuse their present behavior are necessarily asking others to stand by the intentions they refused to stand by.

You ARE placing conditions on love the minute you present the condition of child molestation.

The arrogance is shining brightly with this one.

Arrogance is a presumption of knowledge. Hmmmmm.....

edit on 3-7-2011 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Priceless!! I have much work ahead of me in terms of personal enlightenment. You are such an enlightened figure, how dare I contradict you.

You have learnt well from your guru.

And once again the arrogance in your post is overwhelming, it's becoming very annoying.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

And once again the arrogance in your post is overwhelming, it's becoming very annoying.

And yet, what do you want to bet you reply to this post? What do you want to bet you will gladly derail this thread to make it all about your sloppy use of language? What do you want to bet that you have much fear and hate in your heart for more than just child molesters?

There is no argument over what a word means. A word means what it means and you have used the word unconditionally improperly. It is odd that you have chosen to enter a forum that relies upon communication only to dismiss the tools of communication as being unnecessary to communication. Even so, as sloppy as your language is, your intent becomes clearer with each post, and it ain't about love, mom.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You know, your right. I will respond because you have to be right about everything. You think my use of language is sloppy? I don't care. In fact, I don't care about your opinion at all.

Does it make you feel superior to behave this way? Such a condescending attitude.

I am not trying to derail this thread. I simply put in an opinion, because I'm allowed to. Your the one that jumped on my use of the term unconditional love. I said loud and clear this is what I feel for my children, not humanity.

Have a good life

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You know, your right. I will respond because you have to be right about everything.

It has nothing at all to do with right or wrong. In language, however, there is correct and incorrect. You were offered an escape from the trap you've set for yourself. As I pointed out earlier, it is one thing to love your children unconditionally, it is another thing entirely to claim you know all about unconditional love and then turn around and place conditions on that love. You chose not to take that escape route and instead are vehemently entrenched in argument. For what purpose? No matter how you slice it, A always remains A, and a chair, even if you eat off it remains a chair, and a table, even if you sit on it, remains a table.

Your insistence on Orwellian speak is problematic at best. If you enjoy banging your head against walls, this is your choice to make, but no matter how you slice it, placing conditions on love is not unconditional love.

You think my use of language is sloppy? I don't care. In fact, I don't care about your opinion at all.

It is clear you do not care about the proper use of language, not so clear that you do not care about my opinion. Your actions speak much louder and reveal a person who cares about my opinions enough to keep responding to them. A is A.

I am not trying to derail this thread. I simply put in an opinion, because I'm allowed to. Your the one that jumped on my use of the term unconditional love. I said loud and clear this is what I feel for my children, not humanity.

Then demonstrably what you feel is conditional love, regardless of how unconditional your love may be for your children. Of course, we have to take your word for it that you do love your children unconditionally, but given your obvious intellectual dishonesty in this thread, it is a lot to ask that you have been honest about this unconditional love you claim to hold for your children.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Now you are really hitting below the belt. I am convinced you try to belittle people to make yourself feel superior. To question my love for my children makes you seem quite desperate. I actually feel sorry for you.

What a sad person you are proving yourself to be.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Now you are really hitting below the belt. I am convinced you try to belittle people to make yourself feel superior. To question my love for my children makes you seem quite desperate. I actually feel sorry for you.

This is coming from the poster who claimed to not care about my opinion, and yet, now you claim I am "hitting below the belt" which is to say what I said hurt you. I, of course, did not "hit below the belt", nor am I "hitting" at all. I am insisting on a level of honesty.

Just as child molestation should not be tolerated, neither should dishonesty. Neither means we must refuse to love the dishonest or molester. Love does not mean acquiescing to behaviors not conducive to love.

The important thing to understand about language is that either you are speaking it, or it is speaking you. It follows that when you declare unconditional love a conditional thing, that you will go out of your way to prove it by finding more and more types of people that you cannot "unconditionally" love.

If you do not want to love those of whom you do not want to love, then don't, and be honest about. Just do not expect others to pretend your refusal to love is really just righteousness. It is what it is, and that is a refusal to love. No right or wrong is being ascribed to that just an honest appraisal of what it is.

If, on the other hand, you do want to love, and do so unconditionally, then do so and stop looking for reasons why you cannot.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by yets777

You really have no idea. I have been on this earth for quite a while now and have lived a very full life. I have been treated very well and very poorly by different people I've encountered.

What I don't need is someone telling me I don't hear the message. I have enough love for those that deserve it.
i have told you no such thing ,
anyway if you do not explain where you got intimidated by us ,
we can carry on for ages like this ,
let me make it clear for you ,
i love you and the reason im taking all this shiii is bc i care about all of you

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join