It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Anonymous Message

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So I subscribed to this Thomas Paine's youtube channel, and I see this new video he posted today. Im am just curious as to where they found such a good speech. Also, is this supposed to be a threat or something?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
great speech, but sad that anonymous is jumping on the back of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I have heard the speech i didn't even know who it was. The question here in my mind is why use Charlie Chaplin, Why not just use there snyth voices or something. I imagine they are trying to stir # up because of the fourth obviously.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think those anonymous people have seen v for vendetta one too many times

(and why the hitler stash?)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow. This video started out slow then ramped up, Up, UP !

It really gets the blood flowing. To Freedom!
edit on 30-6-2011 by mattime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
good ole charlie chaplin...it's an inspiring message as well...I know people are going to try and demonize anon for using a video like this because they're using it for their own personal means...but who cares really...the message is true...and if you think anonymous is against values said in such video...then you're just dumb

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
wow imagine if somone with power gave a speech like that for real the people would love them

shame tho in the 70 years since this has been made we the people are no closer to escaping the pen..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't know, I think Anon, is totally going to kill our Internet privileges if he keeps this up. Man is he busy, first he wants to protest out at Bohemian Grove and now on Fourth of July. Anon reminds of Dark Angel and V for Vendetta.

link   
Please listen to me carefully, ATS. This is important.

Charlie Chaplin was an unknown genius. Not a lot of people know that but those that do will back me on this.

This speech was carefully crafted with a very specific meaning in mind. It is meant to illustrate that WE are the source of fascism.

In the same way that people today repeat the meme about Hitler crying over his dead pets in order to illustrate his paradoxical and twisted nature; so too was Chaplin trying to shine a lamp on the same thing in all of us.

You must realize that people in Chaplin's time were a lot smarter about things, that we no longer find important, than we are now. Chaplin was playing to his audience.

His speech is not about freedom and fighting for Liberty. It is about the horrors of war and fascism and how we are the source of it all (the war and fascism).

For more on this concept please see, Listen Little Man by Wilhelm Reich which is freely available on the web.

We are the source of all fascism and all fascists. We ourselves. Search your hearts on this.

This is what Chaplin was getting at.

The question is; how can we free ourselves from ourselves.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Frater210 because: Ia!

link   
Great speech
Question
Why use a parody of Charlie Chaplin ?
Why was he dressed as Hitler ?
Was that to make fun of the speech ?
Looking forward to some arrests..(just my opinion )
The actor was not Chaplin (again my opinion)
edit on 30-6-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

The person speaking was young the video behind him had seens takeing place after his death ( Chaplins )
Amazeing what you can do with a computer these days !!
edit on 30-6-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's from the film 'The Great Dictator', not seen it though.

I don't really get the message Anonymous are trying to convey.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Im kind of stumped as well. I did look up on youtube and found the original video, The newer images were added must be in production

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes, it is from The Great Dictator. It confused a lot of people at the time and caused some to believe that Chaplin was a Nazi sympathizer. Not true. He is demonstrating very deep philosophical thinking in having crafted that speech.

What I said, in a nutshell, in my previous post is this...

I know that some of us are concerned that Anonymous and the like are going to provide the 'False Flag' Hegelian dynamic necessary for some kind of Web clamp down because people will cry out for legislation, or the Senate will or whomever. This is the type of stuff that Chaplin was trying to illustrate with his speech; stuff about how people are roused to all sorts of behaviors by stimulating speeches.

I give whoever did this ( the alleged, Anonymous video ) an F. It is totally ham handed.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Frater210 because: Ia!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

I know that some of us are concerned that Anonymous and the like are going to provide the 'False Flag' Hegelian dynamic necessary for some kind of Web clamp down because people will cry out for legislation, or the Senate will or whomever. This is the type of stuff that Chaplin was trying to illustrate with his speech; stuff about how people are roused to all sorts of behaviors by stimulating speeches.

What would totally stink though, is if this Anon character does have something to do with our Internet over siege.

I would rather my internet be take down from some, insane, natural disaster, like a hurricane, the 100 year storm, tornado, nuclear war, alien invasion, total blackout, rather than, 1 schmuck, ruining it for all of us.

I'm not saying that the guy is wrong in what he says, but he's going about it, in all the wrong ways.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

From my understanding, Anonymous is a collection of individuals, i guess anyone can make a movie and label it anonymous, im sure it is some kid or something with nothing else to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
hell of a speech, and it definitely rings true

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libran1
reply to post by Manhater

From my understanding, Anonymous is a collection of individuals, i guess anyone can make a movie and label it anonymous, im sure it is some kid or something with nothing else to do.

that collection of individuals have one common ideology this is what its all about, there are no hidden back tracks, there no hidden agendas, it is the mind that is the weapon the mind that has no doors or windows as it is infinity within infinity that leads to the unknown path of the mind and its endless wisdom that are only confined by doors and windows as those are what shelter your very existence.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have seen this speech before and it still rings with truth. "We the people" is more that just a slogan, Now if we can only wake humanity like Charlie Chaplin was trying to do....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Anon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76a7739a697a.jpg[/atsimg]

The beggining has began.... and freedom is in your hands
not the government....

edit on 1-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't trust anon. They are a psyops.
2nd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join