It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner to Consider Leaving After Debt Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Geithner to Consider Leaving After Debt Debate

www.bloomberg.com< br />

Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner has signaled to White House officials that he’s considering leaving the administration after President Barack Obama reaches an agreement with Congress to raise the federal debt limit, according to three people familiar with the matter.

“Geithner leaving may raise the level of uncertainty for the direction of economic policy, and that is never a positive thing for the markets and the recovery,” said Christopher Sullivan,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
While I'm surprised that he lasted this long, this is likely a planned bone to toss to the business community. Geithner is relatively popular amongst the Wall Street crowd, but lacks credibility in the general business community who view him as overly academic, which of course he is.

Look for Obama to pass by the academic pin heads like Lawrence Summers and nominate someone from the business community. There is not much they would not do to get someone like Jamie Dimon to take the job and if they can snag someone like that, the markets will be in the 14,000s by the time of the next election and practically guarantee relection.

Clearly the economic team has not been successful and the public overwhelmingly views Obama and his team to have failed and that he has paid insufficient attention to the problems, delegating the business to Pelosi and Reid. This is likely the last opportunity he will have prior to the election to jump start the public perception that he is engaged.

Who he can get to take the job is another thing. Amongst the top tier of candidates, few will want the job.

www.bloomberg.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-6-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i hope he does leave the tax cheat should have never been given the job.

second line wont miss him.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I dont think they should raise the debt ceiling either.

I think they should cut spending, specifically, the wars, instantaneously, and all corporate subsidies, and various other non essential funding, and we should tough it out.

But the wars should stop on a dime. We dont need to be spending that money. Its not paying out to the American people, its just making bankers and oil companies and other resource extractions companies richer, and its not being reflected in tax revenue to the US from the companies who are profiting from our foreign policy.

Oh, I forgot to cut homeland security too. *snip* And maybe cut the TSAs budget too, *snip.*

That should make the GOP happy. They want to cut spending. I just dont think thats what they had in mind.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You think his appointed replacement will be an improvement?

Obama is a big fan of Soros...Robert Reich...Krugman...Pelosi...wait, none of them are from Chicago or Goldman Sachs.

Some guesses based on Goldman and Chicago:
Andrew Alper - Youngest partner at Goldman Sachs in firm history at the time in 1990, COO in 1997. Chairman of the University of Chicago Board of Trustees.

Jon Corzine - former CEO of Goldman Sachs, MBA from University of Chicago. Democrat Senator '01-'06. NJ Governor '06-'10. Member Bilderberg Group 1995-2004.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sure, Geitner is going to cash in his chips for being a loyal slave to the Globalist and NWO. He will now make his billion dollars by going to work for one of the same criminal banks he was overseeing. They have bribed him and bought his soul so now he is going to have his payday.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Good riddance!! Timmy has done more to single-handily ruin our economy than the rest of Wall Street combined.

Of course, his replacement could be even worse, so there's a scary thought. How 'bout Georgy Soros? Yikes...
edit on 7/1/2011 by Outrageo because: $*-1=0

new topics

top topics

join