It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News (UK) - Could they get any more openly biased against the current government?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The BBC are perfectly within their rights to criticise the Government, the same way they did when Labour were in Charge, there is no left wing agenda, it's just you don't agree with what they are saying against the Tories, unlike most of the country, perhaps if the Government weren't a bunch of tossers they wouldn't be criticised :-)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

The BBC are not within their rights to criticise the government, The BBC Trusts charter states this. What they can do is ask questions to both sides and allow a decent right of reply by both. The BBC is tax payer funded, it has NO right to be politically motivated.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
WOW

What bothers me more is the fact that you have only just realised this fact

EDA

I think, being as the beeb take our cash regardless of political persuasion, that they should stop spouting their liberal, left wing bullcrap, and report the news objectivly... Or not take our money.
edit on 1-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

So you would prefer them not to comment on anything political then? Whether it pro- or anti Government? Which ever Party it is charge, I would rather them show what is really going on than have 'no comment' , after all they are a Public Service and therefore should inform the public :-)
edit on 1-7-2011 by Shminkee Pinkee because: spelling mistakes

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

I haven't I have just decided to formalise my views that is all. Everybody knows that the BBC is staffed by ex student hippies that never did a hard days work in their life.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

I haven't I have just decided to formalise my views that is all. Everybody knows that the BBC is staffed by ex student hippies that never did a hard days work in their life.

And you did extensive research on this did you? Or did you just read it in the Daily Mail ? you are partly right however for most BBC jobs, you would have to have had some form of Higher Education to get the position, so yes ex Students, there will be, whether or not they are hippies is another question. Don't worry though with the current costs of higher education spiralling out of control, in twenty years time the only people getting degrees and attending University will be Rich toffs from Eton, and it's a good chance some of them will be working for the BBC, which I'm sure will be wonderful. *Sarcasm* :-)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
neutrality is a myth.

anyone who tells you they are 'neutral' is lying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join