It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann's Husband Says Gays are 'Barbarians' That Need to be 'Disciplined'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"Gays need to be dithiplined ; )

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Just curious.

Are you defending the Bachmanns or just providing information?

Its a bit confusing.

Is this your personal opinion or part of the commentary on the Bachmanns? "Be afraid, be very afraid of the gay agenda. In fact, run the other way. ..."

edit on 3-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's not really a concern. Michele Bachmann is as much of/or an even bigger idiot than Palin. No chance.
Can we please get Ron Paul in? Even if you don't like him, I just want to see if something else is even possible.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you!

Completely aside from his more than obvious affectations, what kind of straight man spends that much time concerned with gay sex? Anyone? All the straight men that want to spend their career talking about and thinking about gay sex take one step forward and make yourself known. I am curious about this phenomenon.

Chris Austin, Ted Haggard, Michael Johnston, Terrance Lewis, all ex gay counselors who have been caught still being gay. Most of them were caught when they assaulted their "patients."

How about this gem?

Colin Cook, founder of Homosexuals Anonymous, was in 1986 discovered to be engaging in sexual acts with his patients. He claimed that the nude massages of other men should desensitize them against homosexual desires

Nothing like having gay sex to make you just absolutely sick to death of gay sex. What a cure!

David Matheson is the clinical director of the Center for Gender Wholeness, co-creator of the Journey into Manhood weekend, director of People Can Change, author and public speaker.[67][68] He was married when he declared he was attracted to men and started seven years of therapy which he claims changed his sexual orientation.[69] Afterwards he became a counselor focusing on helping other men in similar circumstances.[70] He does not claim to be completely straight, but rather "straight enough".[71]

Straight enough huh?

I am looking over this huge list of ex-gay counselors and there is one glaring commonality with the vast majority of them. They all admit to having had gay sex. How many of the straight men on ATS used to be gay? Anyone?

source

Maybe I am spotting a trend that is not there. Maybe two dozen foster children or a nonstop drive for political power and attention fill a void.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by Annee

Thank you!

Completely aside from his more than obvious affectations, what kind of straight man spends that much time concerned with gay sex? Anyone? All the straight men that want to spend their career talking about and thinking about gay sex take one step forward and make yourself known. I am curious about this phenomenon.

Chris Austin, Ted Haggard, Michael Johnston, Terrance Lewis, all ex gay counselors who have been caught still being gay. Most of them were caught when they assaulted their "patients."

Yeah. And its really sad and pathetic - - because they are victims too of their own religious dogma.

Ted Haggard still says he is not gay - - but has to fight the urges. Huh?

Marcus Bachmann - - sounds like he is fighting his own urges - - just in the way he phrases his statements.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard the audio clip of him saying this, the other day on CNN... All I could think of was " Wow.... That is a racist comment!"

Now, I don't throw the race card around.... But wow.... that was racist as hell....

I don't know what else I can say, other than this is going to hurt his wife's campaign.... Well, it might not.... You never know anymore. :/

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah see I do not particularly like country music all that much. So what I do is not listen to country music. I feel like the idea of spending every day and building a career around trying to help other people stop listening to country music would be the best way to expose me to more damn country music and country music fans. I cannot see a logical reason for a sane person to do that. I can however see the huge motivation for a closet country music fan to build a career around country music in order to both denounce it and keep a steady supply of exposure to it coming. Maybe that is just me.

p.s. Haggard is not gay. He strayed from god. See, I like his reasoning even better than just calling him gay. Whenever a gay man claims they are straight but did gay things because they strayed from god are telling us that they need god in their lives to stop them from doing gay things. I just love that. I have never needed any god to stop me from being gay or listening to country music. I would think if you say you need someone else to prevent you from doing gay things, you are probably pretty darn gay.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

For the record, this guy is not gay. He does not claim to be gay, he is married to a woman. Saying he "sounds" gay (like many have in this thread) is falling back on stereotypes. Now maybe he is gay, I doubt anyone here is that intimate with him to know/ To me he sounds like some of those creepy evangelicals that want to use psycho-babble and pseudo-science to make you "see the light". Like how Jim Bakker or Tom Cruise also "sound" gay.

More like Ted Haggard.

Its more about his major focus on gays. He doesn't seem to have any other interest. In addition to stereotype traits.

So you are labeling a man as gay based on his speech? His appearance?

Nice hate speech!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Nice hate speech!

The things he says and speaks about are not windows to his character?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

ATTENTIO!!!!

Please post on Topic!!!!!

Michele Bachmann's Husband Says Gays are 'Barbarians' That Need to be 'Disciplined'

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Further off-topic, ill-mannered post will be removed.
Members can and will be warned or temporarily post-banned.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry for the confusion. No, I was being facetious with my line about running (literally) from her fear of the "gay agenda".

Personally, I can see the Bachmanns as being nice, pleasant people to be around. I've met nice, pleasant people (even some fun) to be around...until they opened their mouths and shared their thoughts. Sometimes obviously crazy thoughts came out, like "My sofa is spying on me for the government!" Other times what was espoused came from some dark place of fear and anger, fear and anger over groups usually.

It is this fear and anger that can lead to horrendous acts. Humanity sees too many of these horrendous acts. We cannot always pick out dark, fearful, angry individuals from sight, as if they should look and act as fairy tale or fictional monsters. Rather, dark, fearful, angry people can appear as ordinary individuals, until they share their thoughts.

And when Mr. Bachmann shared his thinking, I knew immediately it came from a dark, scary, angry place in him. And, no, I cannot defend either Bachmann. These people are not fit to lead America, as they would only make the world a darker, more fearful, angrier place.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Nice hate speech!

There have been several cases lately similar to Marcus Bachmann.

Its a red flag.

Hate? I support gays.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
And when Mr. Bachmann shared his thinking, I knew immediately it came from a dark, scary, angry place in him. And, no, I cannot defend either Bachmann. These people are not fit to lead America, as they would only make the world a darker, more fearful, angrier place.

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah - that's kind of what I thought.

Yes Fear - - Ignorance - - and Denial - - is a scary combination.

I just can't imagine her husband will benefit her campaign. Just like Sara Palin - - once you get past the surface and start digging - - real facts and truth is revealed.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It’s pretty much a given that the most vociferously homophobic men are usually repressing something. But, oh Mary, Michele Bachmann’s husband Marcus takes the ever-loving cake. He’s a cure-the-gay therapist out of a John Waters movie. I haven’t seen flames this high since the last California wildfire (the footage of him from 1:34-2:00 is a masterpiece of editorial counterpoint).

jamesurbaniak.tumblr.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All Kinds of People Weighing in on Marcus ‘Mr. Michele’ Bachmann’s Sexuality

People started questioning Bachmann's sexuality well before his wife announced her presidential campaign. Back in September 2010, for example, Truth Wins Out—a nonprofit whose mission is to fight "anti-gay religious extremism"—posted on its website a YouTube of Bachmann with the comment, "Comment not necessary." That vid got people talking, but not at the level we're now seeing since his wife announced her campaign. Will his sexuality become a bigger issue as the campaign churns along? We'll see.

gawker.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I hope he is not implying that Conan is gay.
That would break my heart. Poor Valeria probably never saw that one coming.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's scary when politicians have actual intentions to weigh in on what are in my opinion non political, superficial, vote grabbing issues. Real politicians (like my main man R.P.) will say how they feel about the issue based on their religion or whatever beliefs, but then go on to say it really should be up to the people and local governments. He doesn't want to concern himself with something people should be allowed to and are able to handle themselves. Just hand it over to the people where it belongs so he can solve the bigger problems that effect everyone. Then you have people who actually make this a real focus of theirs and it's just scary. If this is her and her husbands true concern and they take time to mention it we already know they aren't going to do this country any good and help with the huge mess we are in. They are just going to rehash and manipulate something we should have had every state figure out 20 years ago.

I'm scared for our country and people.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I know the Christian Right is a strong political force in America (unfortunately). I can only hope and do believe this kind of extremism is making many wake up and take a step back.

According to the following article: Marcus Bachmann runs a Christian counseling clinic that has been accused of conducting “ex-gay therapy,” but confirmation on that point has never been made.

In 2006, City Pages reported that Dr. Bachmann attended a “Minnesota Pastors’ Summit” hosted by the Minnesota Family Council, a group that has compared being gay or lesbian to bestiality and pedophilia. At that meeting, Bachmann presented a session called “The Truth About the Homosexual Agenda,” which included three individuals who said they were no longer gay or lesbian.

“He was saying how homosexuality was a choice, that it was not genetics,” said Twin Cities resident Curt Prins at the time. “He was claiming there was a high predominance of sexual abuse in the GLBT community. There was no research to back any of this up.”

In spring 2010, Dr. Bachmann appeared on a conservative radio program to talk about homosexuality and his counseling clinic.

He had advice for parents whose children are gay or lesbian. “I think you clearly say what is the understanding of God’s word on homosexuality,” he said. “We have to understand that barbarians need to be educated, they need to be disciplined, and just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn’t mean we need to go down that road. That’s what’s called the sinful nature.”

He added, “And we have a responsibility as parents and authority figures not to encourage such thoughts and feelings moving into the action steps.”

As the Minnesota Independent previously reported, Bachmann’s clinic, Bachmann and Associates, Inc., also took nearly $30,000 in state funds over the last several years, raising concerns about the separation of church and state. Bachmann’s clinic is overtly conservative Christian in its counseling.

minnesotaindependent.com...

Notice the date of the following article:

Anti-gay Therapy Is Scratched From Ama Policy Books
December 23, 1994 - By Terry Wilson, Tribune Staff Writer.

Reversal therapy, an aversion-based treatment that has been used to convert unhappy gays and lesbians into heterosexuals, has been scratched from the American Medical Association policy books.

In a report issued early this month, the 300,000-physicians organization updated its policy on meeting the health care needs of gays and lesbians by removing its recommendation of treatment that would change sexual orientation.

"All patients, regardless of their sexual orientation, have a right to respect and concern for their lives and values," the report said. "Negative social attitudes regarding homosexuality may lead to poor self-esteem, desire to change sexual orientation, anxiety or depression in the patient experiencing homosexual desires."

The report goes on to say that emotional problems gays and lesbians feel based on their sexual orientation tend to be based on feelings of alienation and a lack of acceptance in society.

"For this reason, aversion therapy (a behavioral or medical intervention which pairs unwanted behavior, in this case homosexual behavior, with unpleasant sensations or aversive consequences) is no longer recommended for gay men and lesbians," the report said. "Through psychotherapy, gay men and lesbians can become comfortable with their sexual orientation and understand the societal response to it."

articles.chicagotribune.com...

edit on 4-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Yeah, I heard the audio clip of him saying this, the other day on CNN... All I could think of was " Wow.... That is a racist comment!"

Now, I don't throw the race card around.... But wow.... that was racist as hell....

I don't know what else I can say, other than this is going to hurt his wife's campaign.... Well, it might not.... You never know anymore. :/

When did homosexual become a race?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I know this could be its own thread (feel free) - but I'm just gonna stick it in here on this thread:

In His Own Words: How I Went Undercover at Bachmann's Clinic
COMMENTARY: Truth Wins Out activist John Becker took a hidden camera with him to five therapy sessions at a Christian counseling center run by Marcus Bachmann.

PS: LOVE THE SHIRT!

www.advocate.com...
edit on 9-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join