It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Dead in Pool 2 days, People swim on oblivious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok , call me crazy, but as sure as I am writing this, it definitely happened. This really is something that should be on a show like Fact or Fiction. Sadly it is Fact.

I really don't even know where to begin because it just falls so close to the line of bizarre in a sense. That might not even be the right word for it. Ever since I moved to Rhode Island it has always amazed me with its news, but this one takes the cake and it is pretty big news here. After reading the story, lets see how many of you are just as dumfounded as I am. You would think there is just no way this could possibly happen, but it did.

A snip of the story:

Officials also were investigating the seemingly outlandish possibility that the body was at the bottom of the pool for more than two days without lifeguards, health inspectors or other swimmers even noticing - perhaps in part because the water was cloudy.

Link to Story with News Video

Now just how cloudy can water be that no one notices a dead body in the pool they are swimming in for two days? A public pool no less? Are people really just That Oblivious? A public pool with Life guards no less. So many questions, so few answers, a real head scratcher. Why is a public pool so cloudy anyway, and that is the least of the questions that come to mind.

Im really just sitting here shaking my head, but as the saying goes around here, only in Rhode Island.... There is just something sooo wrong with this picture.
edit on 30-6-2011 by onehuman because: changed title

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Its probably all that chlorine and flouride they are breathing and swimming in. When I was a kid I remember seeing every thing in purple vision after swimming in a man made pool.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I grew up in Massachusetts...this does not surprise me.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

See I knew someone would get it. The question is why though? Whats wrong with these people I mean really???? I did laugh though at your comment

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What a weird story. So this dead person went to the pool with a 9yo boy. This 9yo asked a lifeguard for help but ignored. How did this boy get home and why didn't this boy tell others about what happened?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Faeries. Has to be.

And why would a public pool BE that cloudy?

If our pool gets a bit cloudy, we flush the sand filter and work til it's crystal again. Ack.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm with Pepe Le Pew above.
What about the 9 year old boy?
Who brought him home??!?
Why didn't he tell anyone when he got home??!!?
WTF??

Plus, people, this was a BLACK WOMAN.....how "cloudy" would a swimming pool have to be for you not to see someone with exceptionally dark skin???

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Now you folks know why Im sitting here just scratching my head... Hard to believe this story is true isn't it, yet it is. And the rocket scientist powers that be have decided to close another 21 or so other public pools ,like that will clear things up.... oye

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

lmao...I know, right?
So, I guess they're closing all the other pools to discreetly check them for any dead bodies that they may have overlooked for the past few days.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

There is speculation that the body was not in the pool....the person who noticed the body was going by it at 10:30 pm at night...did the body suddenly surface to the top? My thoughts are that the police are allowing this story to progress because they may have some different information that they may not want to screw up the case or give any hints as to who it may be..I believe absolute foul play in this...and it's not typical for massachusetts (please expand on why this is typcial?) it's in my opinion at the moment a homicide. Most people that have been on the radio believe the body was dumped a day or to after..and the (Typical Massachusetts) dig that was stated by marshamallow I was actually looking for you to expand on your statement...
edit on 30-6-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Are you kidding? It happened for two reasons.
1. People taking their jobs for granted.
2. People leaving the responsibility of watching out for their fellow Human to the paid.

This disturbs me. Is this where we as a species are at?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
For the cloudiness, a heavy shock with calcium hypchlorite, some clarifier, and then a good back wash...

But bad enough for a body to go unnoticed? No ways. Unless the deep end is 22ft down in the hopper; and the deceased was sporting a lead weighted bikini.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Don't believe so....it's checked a few times a day...they open it and they close it...they add chemicals....the body should have floated up immediately..I've been in my share of public pools and they are seldom cloudy...too much chlorine but never cloudy...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I was typing when you posted. After reading your post, I'm with you.
As for the post to me, I agree, I was a Diver and a lifeguard in high school and traveled the U.S. for competitions during the summer months and I have never seen a pool that wasn't tested at least twice a day.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Bodies don't float up immediately, but after a couple of days....

There is no way a twelve foot deep pool could be cloudy enough to hide a body on the bottom. And, however lax they are, lifeguards would eventually notice something like that.

And what about the neighbor's son she went to the pool with? Did he not notice her disappearing? Did he then just go home and not say anything? This whole thing sounds like a murder. Cops are not releasing details during an investigation...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I personally think there is more to this story than meets the eyes
I would not swim in something that murkey
public pools are clean enough to see your lost goggles in the 12 ft depth
Life guards are on eivated platforms..usually with sun shades
There is more going on here ..we will watch it unfold

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Simply amazing how dense people are,.
the ones swimming in the pool the whole time,. not smart enough
to have any clue what dirty water is,.
the life guards,. too dumb to not know how dirty the water was,.
and the inspectors that should have the job in the first place,.
And wow,. there are some heavy eaters swimming at that pool..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have to agree with a lot of you as it does seem the general consensuses is foul play. I just can't fathom it really being what they are trying to play it off as. There are just to many "Really's?" if you know what I mean. Yes I do think this will unfold into something that will make more sense eventually. At least I hope so, otherwise, my faith in my fellow man just really fell off the chart.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well, I spent 30 years there...and dealing with the locals and all for that time, as I said, this does not surprise me. Some areas up there have great communities, where people know each other...but that is more the western part of the state. The eastern and central parts are not as welcoming as the western part IMHO. Fall River is just south of Boston if my memory serves me right...

Now, as to why...no clue. I have heard that the water was cloudy, and if it was, that can be a reason...also, if the woman was not dressed in dark attire (edit: I did not know this was a black woman - unreal that no one could see her in the water!)...maybe that too? Who can say?

The thing that disturbed me is that I read somewhere that a kid told a life guard that the woman had an accident and no one responded...that is scary!

Where did you move to RI from? I left MA in 2006 for AZ...now I might be headed back that way in the next year or so.
edit on 1-7-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Hey Chris - I spent 30 years in MA. See my above post. I find the eastern part of the state to be less neighborly and inviting. And I agree...it does seem like foul play.
edit on 1-7-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join