It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Gray Whale Sighting Off Of Israel Raises Climate Change Concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

SAN DIEGO (CBS) – The sighting of a gray whale off the coast of Israel has scientists concerned about what it could mean for climate change.

The whale was spotted on May 8, 2010, spotted off the coast of Israel in the Mediterranean Sea, according to San Diego’s CBS affiliate.

“We actually think it belongs to what’s known as the California population of gray whales and that it’s actually a stray,” said Dr. David Weller of the NOAA Southwest Fisheries.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Very interesting. It could be a stray but if we see more it might be a signal that things are changing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I love this quote from the OP link:

Scientists believe the Mediterranean sighting may signal a change in migration for the species. Grey whales have not been spotted in the Atlantic Ocean since the 18th Century when they became extinct there for unknown reasons.

Really????? Like we just didn't hunt them down like we did every other large whale in the Atlantic? Unknown reasons my >!@#@!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Put this together with this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not saying it is all true. Pleas play the if game...

If it is then there is a begining of expanssion of biodiversity. Plankton is the lowest level of the food web in the ocean's. Whales pretty much the highest, who just happen to love ...Plankton.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I love this quote from the OP link:

Scientists believe the Mediterranean sighting may signal a change in migration for the species. Grey whales have not been spotted in the Atlantic Ocean since the 18th Century when they became extinct there for unknown reasons.

Really????? Like we just didn't hunt them down like we did every other large whale in the Atlantic? Unknown reasons my >!@#@!!

Okay, let me get this straight...

Grey whales used to be in the Atlantic back in the 18th century.... and now they're coming back.... and scientists are panicking and blaming climate change ?

If that's the case, then what kind of climate change was going on in the 18th century that they were hanging around the Atlantic ??

So we're supposed to panic because the grey whales are migrating back to where they used to be before ?

Am I reading this right ?!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I guess they should just carbon-tax us,...

After all, a hundred years of smoke-stacks is enough to trump hundreds of millions of years of sun activity and volcanoes, ocean gas-off, and vegetation decomposing...

Then the whales will go home...
edit on 30-6-2011 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Of course, there is always the possibility that we are seeing one of the most sinister and invasive forms of occurences known to man, the statistical anomally !!!!!
Maybe the whale just forgot to put some new batteris in it's Garmin before it started migrating!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
maybe its because the japanese have been a little busy the last few months......the whales feel safe enough to come out and play a little.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
For me it doesnt really matter if global warming real or not.. Man made or not.. Does it take a genius to want to a clean home? Do you all sit around in a garage mostly closed with a car runing on sunday afternoon? Do you have to kick Styrofoam take-out boxs out of the way when you stand up from the computer desk? Do you like old, moldy coke bottles and soured milk contaniers in the fridge?

Then why would you support life in a poluted world?
edit on 1-7-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Can't we have these discussions without the usual hyperbole that accompany threads on climate change?

It's incredibly annoying.

And yes, I don't think the whales just up and disappeared. They were likely hunted to death in that part of the world, hence their "disappearance" in the 18th century.

new topics

top topics

join