It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large round anomaly to right of the Sun. What is it??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

I found this video and within the first minute, you can see the anamoly move. It moves from the top right, to the bottom right. Why?

Because the spacecraft rotates.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by mb2591

Some guy taking pictures of the sun got images of the same thing.. I don't think it a fiber.

Somebody actually starred your post

Perhaps a source? Maybe a link to the actual photo's? Can you elaborate on why you "don't think it[sic] a fiber"?

Yea they probably starred it because they read the same thread as I did. I think my original post details clearly why I don't think it's a fiber. The thread I believe was on ats..

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
To me this looks like an imagine error with the camera because you can see the solar radiation coming out of sun but the hot center is black, probably a heat camera and the image is to hot. Now if there was a small black spot I would say Sun Spot which wouldn't be bad unless it was pointing straight at earth which is one of the possible senerious for the myan calendar predicion of 2012, that a sun spot or solar flare directed at the earth could know out technology putting us to go in the dark world wide, sending us into the stone age if things aren't prepared correctly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I saw that post Phage but I didn't see where it was rotating. Do you have or know where I can find some footage of it?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

What is going to give you footage of it? Do you mean an animated tutorial? Anyway, Phage already provided the link with the spacecrafts' roll information here.

Here is the data for today. Link.

This illustrates what the data is.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i mcould be completely off here but when i look through my camera at lets say a tree... when i rotate the camera the tree doesnt rotate with it. just a thought am i missing something??

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chooselove

It's because the artifact is is a fiber STUCK on the lens of the camera, so when the camera rotates, anything attached to the lens will rotate as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

well then all you all need to do is see how often the camera rotates and look to see if the anomaly moves every time this rolling occurs. case solved.

And.. i suppose one should also look to see if the movement is consistent with the degree of roll.
edit on 1-7-2011 by chooselove because: more info

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove
reply to post by Phage

i mcould be completely off here but when i look through my camera at lets say a tree... when i rotate the camera the tree doesnt rotate with it. just a thought am i missing something??

Really, what kind of a camera does that? I guess your camera cannot take horizontal and vertical aspect photos then.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
When I get a speck of something on my camera lense it is a careful cleaning job.

Does anyone think that they will send a technician up there to clean the lense, anytime soon?

It would probably clear up a lot of issues and arguments.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

lol think about what u just said . picture it happening in your head. yes my camera can take those shots but when i turn the camera the tree doesnt turn sideways with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
When I get a speck of something on my camera lense it is a careful cleaning job.

Does anyone think that they will send a technician up there to clean the lense, anytime soon?

Very unlikely, as long as everything it working then I'm sure they'll just deal with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It is not very professional to have specks on lenses. Why wouldn't they send someone up?

I personally am tired of spots and dust on my space images....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It is not very professional to have specks on lenses. Why wouldn't they send someone up?

I personally am tired of spots and dust on my space images....

Haha....I hear you! I think you're right though, it should be corrected, it's a piece of equipment that costs millions! You'd think they would try to see what could be done to correct it....assuming, it's a piece of fiber.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It's only issues to people who choose to ignore the technical aspects, and like to think they found some fictitious large body in our solar system that mysteriously has no effects on planetary orbital dynamics of the rest of the planets. Or maybe one might not be aware that only 9 missions in human history ever took men beyond Low Earth Orbit (LEO). Or one finds it 'routine' for an astronaut with huge bulky gloves on totally exposed in Extra-vehicular activity in the Van Allen Belts so many skeptics believe that it is impossible to survive travel through even inside of a spacecraft, let alone outside of a spacecraft, to do delicate surgery on a highly technical instrument that was assembled in a Clean Room.

I'm sure you wont just whip out an antistatic wipe and lens fluid to dust off the outside of a lens inside of some complex spacecraft because the filament is inside of the housing, not outside, but that's not as significant as the impossible space mission you propose to simply just get there in the first place and stay there for any extended length of time.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

They could at least try though.

I think it is important enough to try.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Seems everybody’s an expert, ‘cept me.

Just some things I noticed from said source quoted on this thread….

OPs orig post 30/6/11 (Good on ya’ by the way! S&f)

Last Revised (Day/Month/Year for non-Oz)
Image artefacts:
Beacon Data 9/ 3/11
Stars Planets & Comets 7/ 5/11
Background Subtraction 4/12/09
Cosmic Rays 9/3/10
Debris 29/11/10
Telescope Camera Defects 1/7/11 11:24:30 EDT
Space craft Rolls 4/12/09
Internal Reflexions 13/5/10
Corrupted Images 12/4/10

See anything interesting? I did.

Also Ops orig. vid.
1:06 = nothing
1:07 = nothing
1:08 = Camera Defect
Did it just blow onto the lens, or did static move it from it’s hidden spot….somewhere else…??
Just asking…

Ps. Bet those other 2011’s coincide with other questions in internet-land….just my opinion.
x

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Seems everybody’s an expert, ‘cept me.

Just some things I noticed from said source quoted on this thread….

OPs orig post 30/6/11 (Good on ya’ by the way! S&f)

Last Revised (Day/Month/Year for non-Oz)
Image artefacts:
Beacon Data 9/ 3/11
Stars Planets & Comets 7/ 5/11
Background Subtraction 4/12/09
Cosmic Rays 9/3/10
Debris 29/11/10
Telescope Camera Defects 1/7/11 11:24:30 EDT
Space craft Rolls 4/12/09
Internal Reflexions 13/5/10
Corrupted Images 12/4/10

See anything interesting? I did.

Also Ops orig. vid.
1:06 = nothing
1:07 = nothing
1:08 = Camera Defect
Did it just blow onto the lens, or did static move it from it’s hidden spot….somewhere else…??
Just asking…

Ps. Bet those other 2011’s coincide with other questions in internet-land….just my opinion.
x

Dude that's awesome....thank you! Very interesting indeed, glad you pointed this out. Now I'm back scratching my head...haha. Star!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

To my eyes, the matter stream from the sun passes in front of the object? and what is that little white doit doing going from left to right in the upper right of the vid?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
reply to post by alfa1

To my eyes, the matter stream from the sun passes in front of the object? and what is that little white doit doing going from left to right in the upper right of the vid?

Exacty, why does the sun flares go in front of the anamoly, man great thinking there!

As far as the light moving, I think that is Venus if I'm not mistaken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join