It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large round anomaly to right of the Sun. What is it??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this, so mods feel free to move it.

I came across this video on Youtube and it really intriged me. There is a round object to the right of the Sun and it's borders are illuminated while the center is dark. Now I don't buy the Nibiru conspiracy so disregard the title and the music ha. What I do buy into is the brown or white dwarf theory. So any ideas?

The anomaly is about 1:05 into the video.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
does this show up on the current recordings from the same one? I'm not really sure how you check...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.helioviewer.org...

Originally posted by here4awhile
does this show up on the current recordings from the same one? I'm not really sure how you check...

I haven't seen it as of today.

edit on 30-6-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Going by the clock (lower left) it sits in place *completely motionless* for many days, about a week at least, so its certainly no orbiting object or background star.
I'll go with something related to the imaging system on the spacecraft itself.

Edit - on the web page for the stereo camera, it is clearly defined as an example of a camera defect.
stereo
Am I the only person in the world who bothered to check?

edit on 30-6-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Interesting, it even blinks, if it was metal, I would think the sun would have melted it by now. HMM. Questionable indeed. Maybe it's a planet, meteorite, or comet? I don't know. If it's a lifeform, I bet they have the best tan in the world, OK, maybe a bright sunburn.
That helioviewer is cool.. Thanks for the link.

That does not look like a camera defect.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Very interesting! Cheers for sharing

I don't have sufficient knowledge of these things to hazard a guess as to what it could, or couldn't be. As such, I'm very much looking forward to watching the thread unfold and hopefully learning more along the way.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I do find it interesting.. whats even stranger is that its dark where it should be light, and light where it should be dark. hmm

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It actually is still there to this day...go to stereo A, COR 2 detector...it's there

this from june 28th as it's the latest apparently

edit on 30-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It's actually a fiber from a cleaning cloth used during manufacture of the camera for the satellite.

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras used to take the images. The most noticeable example is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

Source
edit on 30-6-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How can it be a fiber particle of a camera, when you can see the thing blink 3 different times? I'm sorry, but that is no fiber camera particle. That is, an anomaly. Plus, it way to big and looks to be more like a rock then part of a camera.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Going by the clock (lower left) it sits in place *completely motionless* for many days, about a week at least, so its certainly no orbiting object or background star.

Edit - on the web page for the stereo camera, it is clearly defined as an example of a camera defect.
stereo

I did check and I went back to the date in question. I loaded the data and watched it back. There is NO image now on the website. Almost like it's been removed from the frames. Also, I don't buy the "fiber" story, this is NASA who is supposedly very meticulous.

Also, why has it never come up in question before?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Wow thank you! Is it me or does it look like it has moved?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

stereo

Well if its says defect on the stereo web page then it must be a defect. Of course Nasa would tell us if there was an anomaly threatening our very existance.

Nothing to see here people, move on.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

yes it is moving actually...if you take the time and scale it back by seven days at a time and just do screenshots...you can visibly see it move just a little bit...it seems helioviewer only hold about a month worth of data from this but if you go as far back as you can then click latest...it moves a bit...

OK just to show I'll embed these pictures...sorry I don't know how to scale them but if you compare you see it has moved downwards since the beginning of the month...first pic is june 1st and second is from the 28th...if you can't see the object just right click and hit view image to compare...

edit on 30-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

It does...cool!

I wonder when it started showing up? It's amazing how NASA knows it is just a fiber and how it got there.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras used to take the images. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

The information above was found on the stereo web site. Pay it a visit
as has already been suggested by alfa1 then all will become clear.

Oops ZombieJesus already mentioned this

edit on 30-6-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Also, I don't buy the "fiber" story, this is NASA who is supposedly very meticulous.

The fiber is less the 1mm in size, thats approx. .039", or in other words, about 5-6x the width of a human hair. On a lens, something that small is going to definitely show up.

As for NASA being meticulous, do you remember when Hubble was first launched? The mirrors were not true, a much more costly, and large scale mistake, so one fiber from a cleaning cloth on a camera lens is definitlely within the realm of possibility.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You realize that if it were a round object being illuminated by the Sun the lighting is completely wrong.

It has been appearing for years and it's position corresponds to the roll angle of the satellite.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rykc27

how can you explain the fiber moving then...take my suggestion and look for yourself...do a screenshot of june 1st and compare to screenshot of june 28th...it has moved

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok thx phage for answering and clearing up the moving...never realized it's been there for so long...only started paying attention to some of these types of threads and info recently so it's all new to me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join