It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Rep. Kucinich praises Syrian dictator on Syrian television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Exclusive: Rep. Kucinich praises Syrian dictator on Syrian television

dailycaller.com

Despite Ohio Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich saying a Syrian media report “mischaracterized” a press conference he gave while on a “fact-finding” trip to Syria, video footage of an interview he gave on Syrian television while in Syria clearly shows Kucinich being deferential to and even laudatory of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 30/6/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of source

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
More from the video

“What I learned from my meeting with President Assad is that he does care about what’s happening, that he wants to respond, that he’s thinking about the different ways that would be the best way to address the needs of the people,”

I don’t think the needs of the Syrian people are best served by gunning them down en masse.

Here's a good rule-of-thumb for any congressman: When someone accuses you of supporting a brutal, fascist-influenced regime that is openly slaughtering its own people, it's generally a good idea to respond with an unambiguous "No, I do not support, and I strongly denounce, the actions of [insert regional dictator's name here]."

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Your own link shows he claimed he was also misquoted by Syrian press;
He's on record saying he was misquoted.

Kucinich Visits Syria, Says He Was Misquoted By State Press

Congressman disputes a Syrian state news report that he praised President Assad

Be realistic, state-run television in Syria isn't going to show him or quote him talking down Assad. The link above notes that the statement's attributed to Kucinich used broken English, indicating someone other than Kucinich wrote it.

As to him "acting deferential" to Assad, well I don't know what anybody should expect, as a guest he should act deferential and polite. But since his return he has called for Assad to recognize the protester's demands.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That article is pure PROPAGANDA. Am I the only one that could see through it?

Listen to the actual interview. Mr.Kucinich is choosing his words very carefully, and for good reason.

It seems to me that he warned that rouge forces inside both the government and opposition, ones that may have an agenda different of the majority. Sounds plausible to me.

He aslo says Syria is a tipping point of sorts "not only for the country, but for the entire region and the world as well". Sounds about right:

"Russia will not support use of force on Syria": Medvedev,

He says that a dialouge is beginning between both sides and president Assad is anxious to talk to them, and believes that is good sign.

How do people not realize this is the same stupid Iraq/Libya run up?

If the U.S. really wanted to do a humanitarian mission they would go to the country with the highest murder rate. But we never heard much talk of Honduras do we?

edit on 30-6-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

top topics

join