It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Peeps Think OF Pink Floyd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What do you people think of pink floyd? i think they are an awesome band !!!

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hee,Hee! I laughed out loud when I seen this topic!
I love them man, I'm listening to them right now. Hadn't listened too them for ages until a couple of weeks ago, a lot of their songs fit right in to whats going on in the world right now.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skys from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As you will see in a previous post about fav band/group.
I think it's really good "lovin" music too
Liked the movie too. And did you ever see the MTV documentary about them? It was very informative!!
Magestica*

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i love them. they have some really great videos too.

[Edited on 31-3-2003 by mirrorsparadise]

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
woohoo rock on ats

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The best group of people this world may have ever had.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I've been a PF fan since the early 70s when I first heard "Umma Gumma" and "Atom Heart Mother". My favourite CD is their double live one called "Pulse".

Rock On,
Deep

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i am listening to the song echoes now.. top song!!

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
now "one of these days"

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh. My. God.

I Love Pink Floyd. In fact, Roger Waters is coming to Tampa Bay this Saturday to perform Dark Side Of The Moon in its entirety , and I CAN'T GET TICKETS. Good thing I don't really like Roger Waters' solo stuff. David Gilmour is the best, though.

I can play so many Pink Floyd songs:

Wish You Were Here

In The Flesh

Goodbye Blue Sky

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part I)

Dogs

Brain Damage

I love Pink Floyd.

TheRanchMan

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Pink Floyd is about as old school as you can get. I prefer a little "Dark Side of the Rainbow" myself. Remember, third roar of the lion!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Need I say more.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Pink Floys IS an awsome band. But what do you think of Alice in Chains?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
But... we aren't talking about Alice In Chains, are we? Read the title of the post, and then figure out what to type next.

Stay on topic.

TheRanchMan

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What do I think of Pink Floyd? I'm pissed, that's what. Waters and Gilmour have to get past their HUGE ego's and give the people what they want. Were Lennon and McCartney as good seperately? No. How's Queen doing without Freddie? I could go on. Seperately they're OK, together they are one of the best bands EVER.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Woah bro, simple question.. Topic title or not, have the decency to respond in a respectable manner.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
Woah bro, simple question.. Topic title or not, have the decency to respond in a respectable manner.

Me?

I didn't disrespect anyone. I'm "pissed" at Roger and Dave for not getting past themselves. They are depriving the audience, those that made THEM by buying albums, going to concerts, etc and they are TOO small to get past themselves to give back.

I'm a HUGE Floyd fan and I see this infighting as a slap at ALL their fans. They've forgotten how they got there. I WON'T go see Gilmour, I WON'T go to Waters. They get their # together and I'll pay HUGE money to see that.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He's talking to me, but I honestly don't care.

Pink Floyd nrever really broke up. The current lineup is David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright. They even released an album as recently as 1995. Twelve years since an album release, but they have never officially called it quits, altough Roger Waters has benn quoted as saying that as far as he is concerned Pink Floyd was over.

But whatever.

I realized that, after watching the Live 8 concert at Hyde Park, when Pink Floyd (Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason) reunited for the fist time in like 24 years or something, that Roger Waters can't sing anymore. He just... he sucks.

And not just songs that David Gilmour sang. Even the part of Comfortably Numb that he sang was bad. I sing better than him, actually, and I'm only 16. David Gilmour still has an amazing voice, and, unlike Roger Waters, he's not a prick. He's also not doing any tours that come by me. Roger Waters comes to Tampa tomorrow, but I really don't want to give Roger Waters any more money than I already have.

TheRanchMan

[edit on 5/18/2007 by TheRanchMan]

top topics

join