page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How about unstarring the thread?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Another longterm lurker here who finally signed up today. Because I'm not on here all the time the flags come in very handy, and unflagging will be even handier for older posts that intially look interesting, but have been proven to be hoaxes/wrong/etc. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Unflag your flag simple..if the original poster suddenly goes off on the wild side ..you can simply remove your flag..simple..I like that
now it seems you take a simple change like this (let it be represented by an egg)
present it for discussion and its like throwing it on a wall!! SPLAT
and it goes in all directions

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is so fantastic. It really empowers our members and it addresses the evolving nature of threads, theories and and breaking news. I love it.

Thanks SO for constantly raising the bar and pushing us all to be more of an interactive, organic community.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

In reality, because we do not (nor will ever) have down-voting in the form of negative Flagging

why ?
edit on 30-6-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Great, now we have a huge version of the game, Capture the Flag.

Tried it out on this thread and it's immediate.

I noticed an older thread where it didn't work so it might be a grandfather issue?

I wonder if ATS has the ability to make it so we can add a survey to our threads.

Like a few other forums I've seen do.

Because that would assist in our own thread-building more so through information.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i thought the flag system was fine as it was, its the starring system that i think is at fault.
i think the red/green like/dislike bar on youtube works quite well, i'd prefer to see something more like that.
but as the op states nothing like that will ever happen.
ha, oh well.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Being someone who doesn't start many threads
and doesn't care much about received flags:
I like content in response posts...
(haha who knew eh?)

I'm not complaining about the change..
I just don't think I will use it because I flag for "interesting discussion topic"
not "agreement with OP..."
I'll flag even if I disagree with the OP because the more reads the more rebuttals

There are posters who kick butt better than I do...

Though I wish someone would take back Obama's peace prize....
thats another story for another day I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Good idea!
SOA rocks especially Tig!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This has probably been asked and answered but I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread.

Does the un-flagging option expire after a certain period of time like the window of time we have to edit our posts?

edit on 6/30/11 by FortAnthem because: BTW, I've flagged and unflagged this thread 5 times already. That red unflag button is just too tempting to resist.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Pretty Dumb idea.....

People should live with their decisions!!

You cant take back a murder if you commit one!

But now you can with a flag. Has the world gone mad? Retracting already made decisions! When will this insane nonsense stop. What will come next? Awarding each other for creative pictures/avatars!

And as we are all human people can fall out with others over something silly but that can then lead to them going to all the posts of that person they now hate and removing all the flags they placed on his/her post, out of spite now!

I do not see the point of Flags and Stars. I do not care about peer review!! I dont have any peers as I do not know anyone on here or how they may be of similar standing to me. Who gives a damn about how others review your post. Posts capture different people's imagination and awarding them stars and flags seems a little demeaning. "have a flag or star for trying, well done"

It seems to me that some people are going for flags rather than issues that are interesting. And whats the deal with stars and points. Another useless ego fulfilled doozy!

Even on a site like this people still want to be ranked and put on their place, just like in real life. A hierarchy if you will. The Irony!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Deebo

I neglected to mention that there is a 30-day window to un-Flag any thread you previously flagged.

I enjoy reading the entire thread.
Some would be amazed what others have contributed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Deebo

I neglected to mention that there is a 30-day window to un-Flag any thread you previously flagged.

I enjoy reading the entire thread.
Some would be amazed what others have contributed.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I like the option to give a flag for good content in an opening post, and the option to take it back seems to defeat the purpose of it. On the other hand I realize how it filters good content from bad...carry-on.

And since we're talking about 'content' I think the star system however, needs to be eliminated though. Guys like me who type-out fifteen words per minute are lost in the popularity contest. Noone knows how much effort goes into my posts...physical effort.

Don't judge me by my fruits, judge me by my labors. Better yet, don't judge me at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wrong thread. Weird
edit on 30-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

id star that if I could
haha

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I love it. I flagged and then unflagged this post.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe you could use a system like hot or not, and allow people to rate threads from 1 to 10.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I flagged and then unflagged your thread. It works!! I guess that means I will reflag the unflag that I originally flagged.

Phew!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think it's good we can take back flags, however I hope it doesn't become something petty and childish among conversations taking place in threads.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join