It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare White Buffalo Key to Prophecy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thanks for commenting. I edited my post to say that they count is just for the tribes mentioned in the vid.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Anttyk47

If you consider the prophecy only applying to their animals, which I didn't think they believed in ownership, then the prophecy probably only relates to their tribe and not the rest of the world.

Either way I always like to find out new stuff and didn't know this one...good find

They've (we've) always believed in ownership...Ownership of tools, livestock, and even crops..Trade was very important among all tribes....you can't have trade without ownership....It was only the ownership of land that was confusing to natives...Land could be occupied, and defended and territories maintained, but 'buying' it was a misunderstanding and the right white men took advantage of it....

But you are right.....I'm sure this tribe was referring to a white buffalo 'born unto them'....i personally will not dismiss their beliefs as a 'caveman's myth'.....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Funny
On another thread dealing with Ohio allowing guns in bars...
it immediatly reminded me of a scene in a bar from the Charles Bronson movie "The White Buffalo"
The gun guys sat up high and were ready to just plug anyone who got carried away while drinking....
before they could do to much damage with their guns...in the bar...

So is Bronson about to make a comeback?

now back to our regularly scheduled programing
edit on 30-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Hopefully it wasn't actually the fourth one born and they just miscounted or lost the third one.

And whos to say a few white ones havent been born in wild and died/had fur decompose before they were found?
edit on 7/1/11 by Solsthime331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
this has happened before but if you really look they aren't white the merely a pale blonde somewhat toast color
previously when this has happened the buffalo matures and is just regular buffalo color

strange that are no true albinos in buffalo, that's why this prophesy will never come true ,until pigs fly

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Technicly when we need to ship oinkers by plane we have flying pigs.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Being native american i have heard of the white buffalo for years now.. I dont know how many have to be born before people take it for what it is, a failed prophecy.... That aside lets look at the science abit.

White buffalo can result from one of several physical conditions:
They may be leucistic, with white fur but blue eyes, instead of the pink seen in albinos.
They may have a rare genetic condition which causes a buffalo to be born white, but to become brown within a year or two as it matures.
They may be albinos, in which case they will remain unpigmented throughout their lives, and may also have hearing and vision problems.
They may be beefalo, a bison-cattle crossbreed, and thus have inherited the white coloration from their cattle ancestry.

The National Bison Association has estimated that they only occur in approximately one out of every 10 million births.

Still sound prophetic?
edit on 1-7-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

sometimes i wonder if the 'white' buffalo is really the reissue of the buffalo on the nickle in america?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

star lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Lol never heard of "Beefalo." That's one of the reasons I like ats, learn something new every day!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

Technicly when we need to ship oinkers by plane we have flying pigs.

well then I guess pigs have been flying for awhile and toasty colored Buffalo are redefining the color white!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
White buffalo are extremely rare. To be considered sacred they must also have certain markings.

Counting by identifying markings refines the numbers that matter...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

i saw a stffed white buffalo head once. i think it was in park city.? i wonder if they counted that one?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

yeah id like to see a picture of the buffalo now to see if its coat has changed atall

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
At least some of these tribes actually believe in something must happen before doom and gloom!! We on here think that a star out of place in the sky means everyone on Earth will die!!! Good for these tribes and it is nice to see people still needing something to happen before condemning the world!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wonder if White Buffalo is tastier?

If so, please make mine "rare"....see what I did there?...lol
edit on 7/13/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I could swear I heard somewhere that it not only has to be white, but that each has special markings making it unique to the prophosy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join