It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrecy and Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We all have our secrets, but are they really conspiracy in how we keep them?

Hypothetical:

* What might be:
US intelligence organizations, together with that of their allies, learn that Country "X" is making preparations for a lightning invasion of Iran to secure not only the oil, but the access to the gulf. Worse, the Iranian occupation is to be a spring board for also securing for itself the oil pipeline in Afghanistan.

* Strategic Reaction:
The US and other western sources agree that some preemptive measure must be taken, but that it must be done in such a way so as not to directly confront Country "X." The US places troops on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan while claiming intelligence of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" on the one hand an "War on Terror" on the other.

* Public Reaction:
Few believe that the purposes are Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the Administration answers as if that was a real issue, saying it was based on good intelligence which just happened to have been wrong.

* Unseen Effect:
Country "X" abandons its invasion plans, and begins concentrating its efforts on locating and sealing leaks of its secret strategic policies.

I made that up, of course.

The point I would like to make, and discuss, is that just because something is secret, does not mean it is malevolent-- lots of hidden truths are secret for very good reason. It is just as valuable to look for a good reason as it is to look for an bad reason.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
very good point
as far as I am concerned if i'm not involved harmed or brought to question I don't really care what the government puts in there pretty pink password journals

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
PART II :

What if?

These 4:
1 Political and Economic analysts determine that all indications seem to suggest that a global economic collapse is inevitable-- probably to take place within the next decade.
2 Their models predict that the reaction will vary widely, from civil unrest to mass starvation-- depending upon many factors.
3 In the US, the greatest threat anticipated will be civil unrest deepening the collapse and its effects if the wealthy minority are seen as opposing the less affluent.
4 The US political structure determines that it is in the long term strategic interest to socialize certain key industries to lessen and shorten the effect of the coming global depression.

Then...

It might explain why three election cycles have now revolved around health care and financial bailouts despite the fact that the general public did not consider either to be an important issue until both primary parties and the media claimed those to be the most important issues.

I cannot be the only one who noticed that the actual health care bill did not thing for providing health care to those who could not afford it-- except, apparently criminalize poverty-- and that is an unreasonable aim. Perhaps, that is not the aim, but a necessary part of the plans to minimize the negative impact of a coming global shakedown and to maximize the recovery from it.

I made all of that up, just as I did my previous illustration, but...

Again, perhaps there is a secret agenda, and perhaps it is a compassionate one-- not a malevolent conspiracy?

new topics

join