It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body found in public pool 2 days after victim drowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Body found in public pool 2 days after victim drowns

www.myfoxboston.com

The body of a Fall River woman was discovered floating in a state run pool late Tuesday night, two days after she apparently drowned in that same pool.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How in the hayle is something like this even possible???
Are people really that careless that they can swim next to a dead woman and either not notice or not give a #SNIP#. You hear about #SNIP# like this happening in some Asian countries, but in Boston, seriously???

I'm thinking maybe she drowned else where, or at another time, and someone dumped the body there afterwards. In a slight way i'm hoping thats the story. Casue if this is the truth in how this reads, we suck at life.

www.myfoxboston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Thu Jun 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well...I hate to say it(not trying to stir up anything) but it was probably because she was black. If she had to have been white they would've gave a damn and got her but....... they. just didn't care or notice. It could be all the GMOs and the old googlebox but race is probably a factour.
Normally I wouldn't say that but in this case, it does cross your mind.
America hasn't changed that much
edit on 30-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

Apparently the 9yr old boy she was with reported her accident on the waterslide and that she was drowning, but no one did anything? How the heck did the boy get home and when he did, did he not tell anyone else...How could the rest of her family not notice her missing immediately.

Yes, definitely something weird about this, it will be interesting to hear any follow up to the story.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by AdamAnt

Apparently the 9yr old boy she was with reported her accident on the waterslide and that she was drowning, but no one did anything? How the heck did the boy get home and when he did, did he not tell anyone else...How could the rest of her family not notice her missing immediately.

Yes, definitely something weird about this, it will be interesting to hear any follow up to the story.

I wouldn't doubt if somebody in the family dumped her and left her in the pool

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is truly unbelevable! The lifeguard stand is right by the damned slide. Lifeguards were notified, yet did nothing. A womans body sat at the bottom of a pool for two days with people swimming over her. I had origionally thought "no possible way", but then i read the article. WTF? I would think that a red flag might have been raised when everyone else was gone at closing time but a 9 year old kid. How did the child even get home?! Five kids now have no mother because... hell i dont even know why, its way too stupid to comprehend. Truth is stanger than fiction sometimes. Thats a fact.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I'm with you on this one - the neighbor kid couldn't stir anything up, either at the pool immediately OR IN THE FOLLOWING TWO DAYS after his neighbor disappeared?

Otherwise, I might be able to understand no immediate action if she got suctioned to the drain or some such (being overlooked/not visible, whatever)...but that should have been noticed before long, and her absence definitely sooner.
edit on 6/30/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I didn't see anything in the article that disclosed what race she was, but to be honest it's not really about whether someone cares more about white or black people, it's the fact that a dead body floated around a public pool for 2 days and no one noticed. Moreso, that her 9yr old neighbour who she was watching, reported her accident but seemingly did nothing else...why did her neighbours not question why she had not returned with the boy and what about the rest of her family???

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This just does not even seem possible. My city pools have safety breaks every hour when the pools are cleared out for about 15 minutes. The fact that no one noticed a body in the clear water at closing time, during a safety break or upon the pool opening is just mind numbing and disturbing. Not to mention the lack of response when alerted by the young boy. Did that boy tell anyone else??

I just can't figure this one out. My wife was a Summer lifeguard all through high school and college and she was just dumbfounded when she read this headline this morning.

Very sad for this woman's children and loved ones.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I got it from the daily mail, god awful paper I know but here.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It gave a slight more info then Faux

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No too sure about the race thing, but with this story anything is possible, I couldnt imagine a majority black public swimming pool just ignoring a young black dead woman, I mean, not all stereotypes about blacks are true, for the most part we are nt all savages that just run through life to kill and destroy our selves. And i'm sure if it was a prdominantly white pool, they would not be too keen of a young black woman floating dead in their water, someone would have dfinitely removed her. This story is just too shot to hell to beleive, but in the same breath is somewhat beleivible. I can understand the part about the health workers not seeing it, because they probaly didnt even do their job.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamAnt

No too sure about the race thing, but with this story anything is possible, I couldnt imagine a majority black public swimming pool just ignoring a young black dead woman, I mean, not all stereotypes about blacks are true, for the most part we are nt all savages that just run through life to kill and destroy our selves. And i'm sure if it was a prdominantly white pool, they would not be too keen of a young black woman floating dead in their water, someone would have dfinitely removed her. This story is just too shot to hell to beleive, but in the same breath is somewhat beleivible. I can understand the part about the health workers not seeing it, because they probaly didnt even do their job.

Unless the water is dirty as a Louisiana Bayou, I just can't understand this!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This just does not even seem possible. My city pools have safety breaks every hour when the pools are cleared out for about 15 minutes. The fact that no one noticed a body in the clear water at closing time, during a safety break or upon the pool opening is just mind numbing and disturbing.

I am with you on this one. I haven't been to a public pool in several years, and I will admit that I have not been to any of them very often. However, I have been to a few different public pools, in different cities, and they ALWAYS have that annoying mandatory break. It can be frustrating at the time, but this story here, is one of the main reasons for having them.

Originally posted by AdamAnt
I'm thinking maybe she drowned else where, or at another time, and someone dumped the body there afterwards. In a slight way i'm hoping thats the story. Casue if this is the truth in how this reads, we suck at life.

I am not positive on this, but I think that this would be easy to determine. If she drowned in the pool, then there should be a much larger amount of chemicals in her lungs, than if she had drowned in freshwater. If she drowned in a different pool, then they should be able to determine this, by comparing the concentration of the chemicals in her lungs against water direct from the pool.

I very well may not know what I'm talking about here, but you would think that a sample of the water would have been collected at the time of removing the body from the pool. I would also think that an autopsy would be a definite action in a case such as this.

new topics

top topics

join