It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is sending out this frequency?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

If you say you have researched tinnitus I think you need to look again. It CAN be intermittent, and it can change in intensity, and its NOT the sound you hear in a conch shell.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Does it only occur in certain places?

How old was the 1 adult? Were they quite young?

It's possible it could be a mosquito device, that are frequently used over here in the UK to stop congregations of teenagers from loitering. It emits a high pitched whistle that can only be heard by younger people, up until twentysomethings.

One guy around my end once had one on his house(!) presumably to scare away cats. A small handheld version is available in bargain stores etc, that you can point at cats to scare them away.
edit on 1-7-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: adding links

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Go see a doctor

or a psychiatrist

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Go see a doctor

or a psychiatrist

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I wish it was tinnitus but I do have to deal with this problem and I cant do that without identifying it.And I need everyones help to do that.There are people out there that cant cope with this and could use this site as a means of procuring help.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Women generally can hear high pitch frequencies while men can hear more low pitch frequencies. The reason why women can hear the high pitch is because it's inground in to her to hear the high pitch sound of babies crying.

If there is a high pitch sound for 5 minutes.....your ear drums would still be beating for 3 times as long.

Any oil or gas pumping in your area?
edit on 1-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

It doesnt seem to. I live rurally and it is just as strong as it is in a city. The child was 12 and the adults: the woman was 47 and the male 38.This is an ongoing thing. It started about 8 months ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I dont live in the city and I have a cat. I think its coming from underground It permeates the head its hard to explain.Sound is being experimented with a great deal for all kinds of things :healing,killing, mind control,beauty products.The possibilities are endless.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Not that I know of.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

Please try to respond to this with some intelligence

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm in Georgia.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chardonnay

It started about 8 months ago.

Mine started nearly a year ago. It never stops, day and night. The tone never changes. It's a very high, continuous electronic frequency tone. Sometimes it does increase and decrease in volume, but not due to internal or external means such as earplugs, moving indoors or outdoors, in crowds or not. Location has no effect, nor does altitude. It's always there, exactly the same, no matter what I do or where I go.

Covering my ears has zero effect on it. Sometimes it has bursts so loud that it causes severe cranial pain. I'm not prone to headaches, but the pain is every bit as intense as people describe when they have migraines. It's extremely piercing.

Just like the OP said, it's nearly impossible to tell where it's coming from. It seems to come from everywhere at the same time. Also, it's not like it's just heard by the ears alone. It's hard to describe, but it seems like it's "heard" by my brain as well as my ears. It's almost incapacitating and interferes very seriously with any thought, conversations or anything else for that matter. It's just always "there", all day and all night.

I've been to many doctors and therapists about this and none can figure out what it is, why it's happening or how to make it stop.

It is NOT tinnitus, so people please stop trying to say that it is. Go elsewhere or be labeled a shill. This problem is very real and very debilitating and some of us are trying to get help for it. Don't you think that before someone would waste their time posting this into forums like this that they would have already been to a doctor, and maybe even several? Use your heads.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

How exactly did you rule out tinnitis? Was it an ENT doctor? Did you have a hearing test from the doctors office? I have tinnitis and what you described fits perfectly. Just curious

As far as I can see tinnitus is ruled out because he doesn't want it to be some thing prosaic - it needs to be a secret conspiracy to validate him or something like that.

I have no problem being labelled a shill for telling it like it really is, and not like how he wants it to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A little research on our interwebby goodness delivers to me the idea that you're hearing SoniScreen technology at work.

HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) – The southeastern Minnesota town of Hastings may try to solve a vandalism problem in an out-of-the way park by installing a noise machine to repel teenagers.

______beforeitsnews/story/693/340/High-Pitched_Noise_That_Cant_Be_Heard_By_Adults_To_Stop_Teen_Vandals.html

2nd link about same area

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

----

Only certain age groups will hear it, which could explain a boatload.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This ringing in your ears can be a symptom of something more. For example... high blood pressure is often associated with a ringing of high pitched noise in the ears.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I appreciate your input.No,I do not have high blood pressure.I have anything but.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redhawk1965

Im in Arizona

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Since you claim that whatever your hearing is most definitely NOT tinnitus then how can you claim to know what tinnitus sounds like unless you already have tinnitus? And honestly it sounds like an echo, or conch shell? I've heard it be described as many things but neither of those. BTW 6 year sufferer of tinnitus and I've heard various sounds but for the most part the usual hissing, ringing and the more annoying electrical crackle noise.

But whatever youre hearing you almost certainly want to be something otherworldly so that you are *special* and not normal like most other folk that hear things! And I dont mean those voices either.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Starwise

How exactly did you rule out tinnitis? Was it an ENT doctor? Did you have a hearing test from the doctors office? I have tinnitis and what you described fits perfectly. Just curious

As far as I can see tinnitus is ruled out because he doesn't want it to be some thing prosaic - it needs to be a secret conspiracy to validate him or something like that.

I have no problem being labelled a shill for telling it like it really is, and not like how he wants it to be.

And just how in the HELL do YOU know this? Are YOU going through this? Are YOU looking for help with it? Obviously not. You're only purpose here is to show your mightier-than-thou demented attitude! Go pass judgement on yourself and spare us the looking down from your precious pedestal! People like you make me sick!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator
A little research on our interwebby goodness delivers to me the idea that you're hearing SoniScreen technology at work.

HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) – The southeastern Minnesota town of Hastings may try to solve a vandalism problem in an out-of-the way park by installing a noise machine to repel teenagers.

______beforeitsnews/story/693/340/High-Pitched_Noise_That_Cant_Be_Heard_By_Adults_To_Stop_Teen_Vandals.html

2nd link about same area

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

----

Only certain age groups will hear it, which could explain a boatload.

Good suggestion, but I don't think this applies to me. I'm almost 50 years old and I don't live anywhere near teens or anyone else would hang out. Also the sound they describe is not even close to the sound I hear. The sound I hear is an extremely high pitched monotone electronic frequency sound, probably sort of like the very highest pitched tone you might hear in a hearing test. Here is the description I took from those sites you linked:

"SonicScreen emits a high-pitched screech at a frequency young people can hear but older folks with less-sensitive hearing can’t.
“For young people, it sounds like 15 or 20 people dragging their nails down a chalkboard,” said Jeff Webber, owner of Webber Recreational Design, which would install the device."

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join