It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns Assad: Psalms 83 and Isaiah 17 have started.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For those of you who do not believe in God, I would simply suggest that you consider what is coming to the world. I am not celebrating this fact at all. I am merely asking you to consider your thoughts and beliefs in light of Bible prophecy. As you see these things take place, you will return to this post with new eyes. No matter what you think at this point, hold on to your hat. It's coming. Damascus, the oldest inhabited city on the planet, is slated for destruction. This is your sign that God is who He says He is.

1. Jerusalem Post Article

2. Isaiah 17

3. Psalms 83 Wars

4. Psalms 83

How do you find salvation? Revelation speaks of overcoming the world. This is a reference to overcoming the spirit of the world. This is not done through might or diplomacy. This is a battle of the spirit. Salvation from the world system comes in the form of love. Love God and love your fellow man (even your enemies). That's it. If you love God, He opens the door to the Holy Spirit to come into your heart. Once you exchange the spirit of the world for the Spirit of God, you have overcome the world. This will be critical information in these last days before the Holy Spirit is finally removed from the earth. After the Spirit is gone, the spirit of the world destroys the world utterly for a brief time. Only those who are marked by the Holy Spirit will retain their essence through the destruction. Seek God while He can still be found.

Respond to this post in a negative manner if you like. Just keep an eye on the news and bookmark this thread.

Christ died on a cross to save you from this mess. See it for what it is.

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 30-6-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ok...

Let me be the first to tell you that you will probably get
all day long here, BUT...

I'll give you your first bump cuz I think you are on the right track. The Bible does say Damascus will fall and it's the next big sign we are waiting for.

The timing I think is off a bit. I believe it will happen on a Sabath year. 2016, if not 2023 etc. 2016 is the most likely right now with all the tension going on over there, but time will tell I guess..

Good luck and keep your head up, you're going to need it with this one...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Middle East is always on fire.. one of these days it will burn down.

I've heard many responses to this question from many mainstream believers...... so I ask for your answer too.

If it is how you say about love and peace and god, and the paragraph about love, envy, etc....... then why is god a different god in the old testament?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

because of Jesus

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you do the math, the next Tetrad moon is 2014-15. To me, we have entered the tribulation already. Work back 3.5 years from 2015 and you get the dividing line of what is coming. You may be right as well. We really do not know for sure. What we do know is the season we are in. No question about this fact.

Originally posted by Nightfury
Ok...

Let me be the first to tell you that you will probably get
all day long here, BUT...

I'll give you your first bump cuz I think you are on the right track. The Bible does say Damascus will fall and it's the next big sign we are waiting for.

The timing I think is off a bit. I believe it will happen on a Sabath year. 2016, if not 2023 etc. 2016 is the most likely right now with all the tension going on over there, but time will tell I guess..

Good luck and keep your head up, you're going to need it with this one...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
God has never been different. He is as steady as a rock. What you need to understand is the progression of covenants. Each section of History was a marker in the birth to death cycle of mankind. When you read about how God destroyed a nation, you are not realizing what the people of that time were like. You are only comparing this to our present day and age. There is no comparison. Men were barbarians. It is only through God's guidance that we have developed the way we have in the last two thousands years. Just look at the history from the death of Christ to today. There is no comparison. We, all of us, are amazingly good compared to the men of old.

After the Roman Catholic church sold their indulgences to forgive sin, this event made it possible for the printing press and the Bible to spread across the entire globe. Luther and the reformation took 70 million from Europe to bring freedom to a new land. What happened to mankind after this event? It is true that men corrupted the church. No doubt that this is still the case. God is not so. He as been a rock, steady and straight along His path.

When you look at the Bible, you are peering into a mirror. The reflection will speak to people differently depending on the spirit they listen to. A believer looks in the reflection and sees man and God together. An atheist can only see man and his only clouded image. He misses God all together. Clean your vision and you can see God standing right there beside you every moment.

Here is a blog post that I wrote that says it better than I can here.

Originally posted by SadButTrue
Middle East is always on fire.. one of these days it will burn down.

I've heard many responses to this question from many mainstream believers...... so I ask for your answer too.

If it is how you say about love and peace and god, and the paragraph about love, envy, etc....... then why is god a different god in the old testament?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My intention is certainly not to derail the thread, I just want to put this verse out there

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
-Ephesians 2:8

We're not saved by loving God and loving one another, love works in a believer and our works are not what save us.

You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways.
But when we continued to sin against them,
you were angry.
How then can we be saved?
All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
-Isaiah 64:5-6

Love remains the greatest as with perfect love, faith is unneeded. Although no one can attain it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There are several mundane ways in which a prediction of the future can be fulfilled:

1. Retrodiction. The "prophecy" can be written or modified after the events fulfilling it have already occurred.
2. Vagueness. The prophecy can be worded in such a way that people can interpret any outcome as a fulfillment. Nostradomus's prophecies are all of this type. Vagueness works particularly well when people are religiously motivated to believe the prophecies.
3. Inevitability. The prophecy can predict something that is almost sure to happen, such as the collapse of a city. Since nothing lasts forever, the city is sure to fall someday. If it has not, it can be said that according to prophecy, it will.
4. Denial. One can claim that the fulfilling events occurred even if they have not. Or, more commonly, one can forget that the prophecy was ever made.
5. Self-fulfillment. A person can act deliberately to satisfy a known prophecy.

This falls under #3, since Judah/Israel & Syria have been fighting forever. This also falls under #5, because those who believe in the Bible want to believe it so badly, they are willing to help make it happen. Are you aware of how many Christians want to apocalypse/WWIII to happen? Sadly, too many.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Luke 10 is the reference for Love of God and love for your neighbor to salvation. These are the words of the gospel. Jesus used the parable of the good Samaritan. The Samaritans were enemies of the Jews. It was the Samaritan that helped his enemy on the path and set the example of love by humility. This is an illusion to Issac (Israel) and Ishmael (Arabs). They are brothers and neighbors. Until one of them puts down the weapons and learns to love, neither will have their eyes opened to the truth. This example is our parable for our own salvation. We must love God and love our fellow man to fulfill the law with Christ. Bias, disbelief and hatred represents the flaming sword that protects the tree of life. This is true for the individual, nation and world at large. The planet can only make it eternally if man follows the example of Christ in loving his fellow earthling. This is salvation. We will also see salvation come when Christ returns to rule the earth. This happens in the eleventh hour before we destroy the earth by our error.

Matthew 24:22

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Originally posted by Artanis667
My intention is certainly not to derail the thread, I just want to put this verse out there

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
-Ephesians 2:8

We're not saved by loving God and loving one another, love works in a believer and our works are not what save us.

You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways.
But when we continued to sin against them,
you were angry.
How then can we be saved?
All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
-Isaiah 64:5-6

Love remains the greatest as with perfect love, faith is unneeded. Although no one can attain it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

wouldnt it be great to just go back a decade or so. even though we have been told and our parents, and grand parents, it was always in the future. now that be are here, im just bracing for the next contraction.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why do you think Damascus is ready to fall? Seems like it's doing ok to me.

I'd love to see a forum section on ATS just for people who want to preach and throw up bible versus with nothing else tangible. This post would fit right in there.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Clean your vision and you can see God standing right there beside you every moment.

The only reason you see god standing right beside you is because you refuse to hold your head up. Learn to walk on your own before trying to teach others...

Your OP offers nothing but bias interpretation, a skill both the church and apparently yourself rely on to get through life...

So sleep well my friend, as there is nothing to your ludicrous claims, though I do appreciate the chuckle...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you take a moment to read the links provided, you will see a link to a Jerusalem Post story that gives an indication where we are headed. Then, read the other posts to see that prophecy seems to be matching up with current events. If you know history at all since 1948, you will see the connection. If you don't bother to read, you will miss it all together.

Originally posted by kro32
Why do you think Damascus is ready to fall? Seems like it's doing ok to me.

I'd love to see a forum section on ATS just for people who want to preach and throw up bible versus with nothing else tangible. This post would fit right in there.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I did read the link and it has nothing to do with the destruction of Damascus.

Damascus isn't the target of anything and just because there is conflict in the region in no way should lead anyone to the conclusion of bible prophecy.

London during world war 2 was reduced to ashes for all intents and purposes yet still remained a city so what exactly does the destruction of Damascus entail and who over their has the power to do that?

Things like this should be asked before the bible versus even come into play.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

God has never been different. He is as steady as a rock. What you need to understand is the progression of covenants. Each section of History was a marker in the birth to death cycle of mankind. When you read about how God destroyed a nation, you are not realizing what the people of that time were like. You are only comparing this to our present day and age. There is no comparison. Men were barbarians. It is only through God's guidance that we have developed the way we have in the last two thousands years. Just look at the history from the death of Christ to today. There is no comparison. We, all of us, are amazingly good compared to the men of old.

When you look at the Bible, you are peering into a mirror. The reflection will speak to people differently depending on the spirit they listen to. A believer looks in the reflection and sees man and God together. An atheist can only see man and his only clouded image. He misses God all together. Clean your vision and you can see God standing right there beside you every moment.

I fail to see the difference of how man was so different back then, do you mean they killed millions of people in Nuclear bombs back then? or that millions of africans and arabs weren't be slaughtered back then?

I fail to see how man was so different back then.... if anything, man has succeeded in being so much worse now then during those days.

Give me examples, I can't hear a word you're saying without examples. Without examples it sounds like a fairytale written to control man and give examples of what to do and not to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If Genghis Khan had nuclear weapons...yes, he would have used them. We are not using them, but we have them. Hitler would have used them. WWII taught us a very powerful lesson about evil, which we seem to be forgetting. Man grows and learns through each trial. Each time we have a Fukushima, we learn. Lessons of the past allow us to avoid the same mistakes in the future. Ultimately, we move closer each time to understanding what love is all about. It is comparable to a father/son relationship.

Personally, I believe that John 3 refers to transmigration of the soul. Many other Bible passages lead me to believe that we are baptized into the water of the material world until we gain union with the spirit of God. Each time we fail, we are born again into the water. Once we are born of the water and spirit both, we move from the material realm. We can never die. This puts God in a different light and explains divine justice. When Satan told God "Skin for Skin" in the book of Job, he was saying this: Job's children are now dead. Like a snake, they get a new skin. No harm done as far as he was concerned. There are many passages like this that hint at the mystery of transmigration of the soul.

Eventually, there is a final judgment. The thousand years of peace that follows these last days will be under the rule of Christ. Man will no longer be under the spirit of corruption. This is my view. You can read John 3 to see what I am talking about. When the Bible says that every eye shall see, I believe that he was literally saying that all eyes (souls present in the body) would see him return. All 10 billion. Again, this is my view.

How can this be you ask? Well, easy. We are in a created reality. Light is particle and wave of animated energy, just like our computer programs. The spirit is information. At our essence, we are energy brought to form by information. Look at the oak tree. It is enfolded in the acorn as information that seeks expression. If the acorn germinates, it unfolds to a tree. The original tree was the information in the essence of the acorn. Are we any different?

When God says you can be saved or lost (Deleted), He was merely saying what we could understand. Our reality is created as an image of Heaven. We are 'in' the image of God. Our universe is an image (illusion). Can God save you into the world of pure energy and information (Spirit Realm)? Yes. Your body is merely a bio-mechanical vehicle for your soul. It is expendable. Only pain can be experienced. Death is temporary. Your essence can unfold from your seed into another vehicle. This is the promise of the new heaven and the new earth. This is the promise of your new body, which cannot decay. Regardless of your belief on transmigration, for the believer, we will all move on to another form. This is at least one instance of transmigration we can count on.

Can you do this with a program called Sims? Why should God be limited if you are capable on a lesser scale? This world is set on a destiny. You are best advised to listen to the programmer when He says something is going to happen. Salvation is faith, hope and love. Read about it in the manual.

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I fail to see the difference of how man was so different back then, do you mean they killed millions of people in Nuclear bombs back then? or that millions of africans and arabs weren't be slaughtered back then?

I fail to see how man was so different back then.... if anything, man has succeeded in being so much worse now then during those days.

Give me examples, I can't hear a word you're saying without examples. Without examples it sounds like a fairytale written to control man and give examples of what to do and not to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I only asked you to bookmark the page. If you are betting on it not happening, feel free. We can compare note later and see what transpires. Just remember these words:

God has the power to draw the future into the past for us to see as it passes our perspective. You have the power to draw your past into the future by making better choices from lessons learned. Allowing the spirit to work in your heart draws the best choices possible into your future. This is God's gift to us in the form of free will and the ability to create a new future.

Originally posted by kro32

I did read the link and it has nothing to do with the destruction of Damascus.

Damascus isn't the target of anything and just because there is conflict in the region in no way should lead anyone to the conclusion of bible prophecy.

London during world war 2 was reduced to ashes for all intents and purposes yet still remained a city so what exactly does the destruction of Damascus entail and who over their has the power to do that?

Things like this should be asked before the bible versus even come into play.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Christ died on a cross to save you from this mess. See it for what it is.

I resent the fact that someone was presumptious enough to SAVE me
are the victims saved ?

where are they?
during ww2 70 million christians killed each other...
some of those dead folks were damn fine people..
some were concentration camp guards
then there was the "holocost..." ummm were they saved...?

what about the victims of cancer and swine flue and
!!!gulf war syndrome!!!
saved?

Ill pay for my own sins thank you very much..
I EARNED THE RIGHT
thats the cost of free will
and I am damned proud to stand up and face it

the rest of you...
you think you can do the devil's dance and then slide in at the end?
oooopsi so sorry...!

what if
sorry doesn't cut it?
( I heard a grade 2 tell a grade 3 that once..and the grade 2 was right)

and getting right with Jeebus
while the person you have wronged is left there WRONGED
well thats just WRONG! on so many levels

think about it
edit on 30-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Amen brotha...
Ahh is this thread a prediction or a prophetic vision?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join