It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima children test positive for internal radiation exposure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Guardian Traces of caesium-134 and 137 isotopes found in urine tests on 10 children in city near stricken nuclear power pant

Guardian Trace amounts of radioactive substances have been found in urine samples taken from children from Fukushima city, raising concerns that residents have been exposed internally to radiation from the stricken nuclear power plant 37 miles (60km) away. Tests were conducted in May on 10 children, aged between 6 and 16, by a Japanese civic group and Acro, a French body that measures radioactivity. All 10 tested positive for tiny amounts of caesium-134 and caesium-137.

Disgusting.. because of a corporate accident these children have internal radiation exposure.. And these tests were conducted in MAY! Imagine the extent of the problem now..

The chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano, said he was concerned by the findings and the government would thoroughly examine the results.

Thoroughly examine the results?! The only examining that needs to be done is working out how anyone in any possible radiation effected area of Japan can be evacuated ASAP.

There are lives at stake here.

Slap TEPCO with the bill.

Guardian

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is so sad, and its gonna hit home once testing is requested in the Canada-North Americanaz-Central Americanaz-Southern Americanaz west coast areas. When that testing occures 1 is not sure. But this is sickning to hear the children are just left like that. Yet there are powerful adults that can help out more but they concerned with keeping they pockets deep. SO is this fair and how shall it be balanced???

Its like a whole EA generation of mixed generations is being somewhat CLIPPED FROM NORMAL REPRODUCTION. Un no this gets on my nerves so much how its like we ok over here so yal on ya own there MAKES NO SENSE as if the dangers cannot come close in simular ways.

GOD BLESS THEM/ US ALL (as for those who kill and controll kill and controll kill and controll) Well May GOD have MERCY on your SOULS....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

If every mega corporation in Japan shelled out just 1% or less of their annual profits after tax then all these people could be saved..

Heck if all corporations of the world shelled out 1% we could feed, clothe and medicate every child on this planet.
Oh greed, the woe of mankind.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Slap TEPCO with the bill.
I agree with the sentiment.

But I think TEPCO is already insolvent if they were forced to pay everybody everything they owe. I don't think they can continue if they properly reimburse all victims. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the Japanese government is going to let them fail, they may cover some of the damages, or just let people continue living in marginal areas that probably should have been evacuated to trim expenses. I don't agree with it, and if I was forced to live in a contaminated area outside the evacuation zone I'd probably sue. But Japan is a different culture than the US.

Here's a video about the senior nuclear advisor in Japan resigning because he thought the Japanese government was exposing the children to too much radiation and they ignored his advice:

That one is in English.

This one is in Japanese, but you don't need a translator to read his emotions regarding what the Japanese government is doing:

Japans Ex nuclear advisor breaks down in tears during Tv interview

He's very saddened that his advice to protect the children was ignored, so he resigned.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ugh how horrible

new topics

top topics

join