It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Flashback Phenomenon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I don't make many threads, mainly because I don't have time to respond to keep the conversation flowing, but I had to post this just to see if it's happening to anyone else. And I've got a free night so I'll have time to reply.

For about the past 3 weeks, I've been getting flashbacks from dreams that I've had, some of which are about 5 or 6 years old. It only seems to happen when I'm at work doing mundane, repetitive jobs. I'll just be working away in my own little world, when all of a sudden I'll get a flashback from a dream that I had completely forgotten about. It happens sometimes when I'm not at work but not as often.

The first few times it happened, I didn't think much of it. But it keeps happening, so I know it must mean something - I just don't know what.

Is this happening to anyone else? Why is it only happening these past few weeks? It feels like the dreamworld is about to tear through "reality" (not that dreams aren't real) and completely replace it.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Once I had been up for like 20 mins, and an entire dream came back to me all at once. It was so vivid too. What's strange is my roommate had pretty much the same dream. It was as if we were in the EXACT same place/dimension. He knew details of the end of the dream that were way beyond coincidence.
I suppose it would be very annoying if dreams kept coming back to you like that everyday. If it keeps happening and gets in the way of your day to day routine, you may want to see a psychologist. I'm not saying your crazy, actually I think the opposite. But they may help, you sort things out. You might have some subconscious problem that needs to come out.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't know how common this is, but I also get flashbacks of dreams.

The way it happens to me is a bit different, where the "flashback" is of a dream in the exact setting I'm at when I get the flashback. I'll give you an example to clarify.

The last time it happened, I was playing basketball at one of the local playgrounds. There are blue concrete walls behind the baskets (the football field is on the other side of the wall) When I looked at the blue wall and noticed the graffiti on it, it made me remember a dream I had the night before of the same blue wall with the same graffiti on it.

With me, it's always of a dream I had the night before, not of dreams from when I was younger, like you have. Either way, it's pretty much the same thing, with some of the details being different.

I don't know about the dream world overlapping into reality (Inception, anyone?) but it certainly seems that this may occur as a result of a "heightened awareness" or some type of phenomenon, who knows. I would love to hear from an expert in this field, if you're out there, shed some light!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

I doubt the dream world is breaking through, but I've experienced the same phenomenon. Often times I'll have random dream fragments from 6-10 years ago that play out. I was just telling someone that for the past two or three days it seems like I've dreamt about something to have it happen by the end of the evening. Nothing really major, just stuff like announcing local repeaters being shut down and stuff like that.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I suppose it would be very annoying if dreams kept coming back to you like that everyday. If it keeps happening and gets in the way of your day to day routine, you may want to see a psychologist. I'm not saying your crazy, actually I think the opposite. But they may help, you sort things out. You might have some subconscious problem that needs to come out.

It's not annoying at all. I love all my dreams and I'm glad they're coming back to me. I'm just confused why it's happening all at once. I would be worried if they were bad dreams, but they're all quite pleasant. They're all adventure dreams (as I call them) and seem to have the same feel/quality to them, even though the themes aren't connected.
But yeah, no complaints. It helps to pass the time at work.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
With me, it's always of a dream I had the night before, not of dreams from when I was younger, like you have. Either way, it's pretty much the same thing, with some of the details being different.

I get that too, but it's more likely to happen the following day whilst the dream is still fresh. These are old dreams that I had apparently forgotten about. And there are no relevant triggers that I can think of. It just happens.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

I doubt the dream world is breaking through, but I've experienced the same phenomenon. Often times I'll have random dream fragments from 6-10 years ago that play out. I was just telling someone that for the past two or three days it seems like I've dreamt about something to have it happen by the end of the evening. Nothing really major, just stuff like announcing local repeaters being shut down and stuff like that.

I doubt that will happen too, but that's what it feels like. And it's fun to think about theories like that.
What if the lives we are living now were created from dreams we had in our previous lives. Deja vu? Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

i have had dream flashbacks, something will happen during the day; that happened in the dream

new topics

top topics

join