It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: how to Beat Your Wife

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I would have to dispute your claim that the ''majority'' of Muslims who live in these countries support attitudes such as those expressed by these Saudi clerics.

Here you go:

pewglobal.org...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b6847a3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Your post is recycled hash.
These videos have already been discussed in great detail in other threads.

If you are not a disinfo agent disseminating anti-Muslim propaganda, you ought to be.
One day the Islamic "terrorists" will be hailed as heroic revolutionaries for initiating the battle against fascist Amerika. USA is the next Nazi Germany.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus

Your post is recycled hash.
These videos have already been discussed in great detail in other threads.

If you are not a disinfo agent disseminating anti-Muslim propaganda, you ought to be.
One day the Islamic "terrorists" will be hailed as heroic revolutionaries for initiating the battle against fascist Amerika. USA is the next Nazi Germany.

Well glad we got that out in the open, since everything within the web is recycled and here is a little hint, " History repeats itself " , but as for myself being a what....disinfo agent..loool...i would like to be, but umm..how's the pay, what are the perk's ?, am i allowed to travel ?, do i get to visit euro Disney ?, can i get a seat on the next shuttle mission to the ISS ?

Any gov agency can u2u me and we can go over the fine print on what car i would like to own, my private island and umm...ill think of some other things while i wait for your u2u message.

P.S. By recycled hash you mean the obvious and not the space cakes served at the Bull Dog Cafe right ?

edit on 1-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

Even if you were right and America will be fascist (but without racial discrimination, just look at PC crap), fascism is still better than islamic theocracy. Fighting against evil by supporting far greater evil is contradictory.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

I would have to dispute your claim that the ''majority'' of Muslims who live in these countries support attitudes such as those expressed by these Saudi clerics.

Here you go:

pewglobal.org...

Those are freaky numbers, well i can openly say i am lucky to have been born into a nation that follows none of these practices, makes one think how lucky we really are instead of how unlucky we might have been.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Not few, there are hundreds of millions of them, making up a substantial part of muslims in the world.

A source for this figure would be greatly appreciated. A source other than that poll of supposed attitudes in 5 or 6 Muslim countries which you keep on bringing up.

You are from an ex-communist country; if I polled people about their attitudes towards communist ideology in, say, 1950s Czechoslovakia, then what do you think the results would be ?

People are greatly influenced by the culture in which they are brought up in, so there are bound to be more people who believe that it's acceptable to beat their wife, for example, if they are brought up in a country where the practice is condoned by their society's rule-makers.

I do think that peaceful muslims should be judged separately, tough.

So how are you going to differentiate between peaceful and non-peaceful Muslims ? Perpetrators of Muslim terrorist attacks probably only number around 0.0001% of the estimated 1.5 billion adherents of the religion.

It seems to me that you are just basing your negative attitudes about Islam on some personal, knee-jerk assumptions which you have made.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
In islam both man and women are born EQUAL,

So wives are also allowed to beat their husbands? Women are allowed to have several husbands?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Here you go:

pewglobal.org...

LOL

Right on cue !

As mentioned in my previous post, I was sure that you were going to use this same poll which you have trotted out ad nauseum in every thread which relates to Islam.

Please inform me of the criteria used in this poll, which should make me trust the findings, such as: how were the questions phrased when they were translated into the local languages ? How did the researches go about finding an accurate representation of views, as a whole, in these countries ? Did they get a correct proportion of respondents from the relevant socio-economic and rural vs urban population in these countries ? Were there a statistically significant number of people polled ? Was the survey sponsored by any ''special interest'' group or organisation which wanted to find a particular outcome ?

edit on 1-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

This ruined it. My bad. I was thinking "How to Beat Your Wife" was an incomplete thought. I was adding "at two handed Pinochle", "to the remote control" and such.

Muslims, if only we could rid the world of their ilk. But then that would make us like........... Muslims.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

A source for this figure would be greatly appreciated. A source other than that poll of supposed attitudes in 5 or 6 Muslim countries which you keep on bringing up.

Here is one for Indonesia:

A survey carried out by the Indonesia Survey Institute found that 43% of Indonesians support Rajam or stoning for adulterers.[37]

en.wikipedia.org...

Answers to your other questions can be found in the Full Report PDF here

You are from an ex-communist country; if I polled people about their attitudes towards communist ideology in, say, 1950s Czechoslovakia, then what do you think the results would be ?

Communism is an economic ideology, there is nothing fundamentaly wrong with being a communist, contrary to supporting stoning and beating of women and apostates. I fail to see how is this relevant. And no, noone supported the communist dictatorship that resulted, they were supporting idealised version which did not include such evils.

People are greatly influenced by the culture in which they are brought up in, so there are bound to be more people who believe that it's acceptable to beat their wife, for example, if they are brought up in a country where the practice is condoned by their society's rule-makers.

I agree. And your point is?

So how are you going to differentiate between peaceful and non-peaceful Muslims ? Perpetrators of Muslim terrorist attacks probably only number around 0.0001% of the estimated 1.5 billion adherents of the religion.

I do try to write extremist muslims, not just muslims. That has to be enough. It is up to peaceful muslims themselves to differentiate further, if they dont want to be associated with those savages.

It seems to me that you are just basing your negative attitudes about Islam on some personal, knee-jerk assumptions which you have made.

The assumption is based on reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here we go

2010 Human Rights Report: Suadi Arabia - U.S. Department of State

Some may be slightly angered at what is obvious to all of us and some may not be aware of it, the fact remains and the report speaks for itself.

edit:

Increased efforts to protect women and children against domestic violence through the National Family Safety Program, as well as the Human Rights Commission, reflected a significant human rights achievement.

We are currently in 2011 and this report is dated 2010 and we as a modern civilization are on multiple levels discussing sending astronauts or cosmonauts to Mars ....and people attempt to justify such acts to a person like myself....Have fun trying....
edit on 1-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting irritated at people continually posting unsavoury proclamations made by some Saudi clerics, and then tarring all Muslims with the views of these crackpots.

I am sorry that you are irritated, but I for one am irritated by the continuing ignorance of most people towards the great threat of muslim extremism posed by hundreds of millions of quickly procreating adherents. It needs to be posted about more, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Here is one for Indonesia:

A survey carried out by the Indonesia Survey Institute found that 43% of Indonesians support Rajam or stoning for adulterers.[37]

en.wikipedia.org...

Look, that's what serves as entertainment for Muslims in those 3rd world crap holes. I doubt they have the d'bags of Jersey Shore to vent over. By the way, I support stoning for televised d'bags. That said, "Holy crap! There's an "Indonesian Survey Institute"!

Look, I'm a realist. It's likely just one guy with a clip board...... and a bag of rocks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by akushla99
Well...i for one, am waiting for the thread that explains how pedophilic priests are sanctioned by Christianity, and murderers who confess to a priest in a confessional are not being 'harboured' by Christianity.
He who has not sinned,
Let them cast the first stone.

Akushla

Pedophilic priests are not sanctioned by christianity. They are "sanctioned" by the leaders of the denomination they belong to because they are not immediately defrocked. In this case, I'm guessing you are speaking of the Catholic church. Not all christians are Catholic, and not all Catholics are christians.

Use a laser pointer. Not a scatter gun.
edit on 6/30/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Well, excuse me, if i didnt read the OP as you did ; but the subject line is 'Islam. How to beat your wife'?!

I would call this a scatter gun, my friend!
...and i do think that that Il Papas inaction on this front amounts to sancioning. If, as a christian, you disagree with his stance, or as a catholic, you disagree with his stance...protest this!

The OP does not single out individual, practicing, Muslims!
I reflected the scattergun approach back to the OP and was fully expecting to recieve a biased reply.
I am a catholic by birth, and i abhor any of this CRUD. As a Christian, i also abhor this CRUD. In the name of Christianity, Catholicism or Islam.
Akushla

My apologies. I didn't mean to come off rude or condescending. I was just reponding to what seemed to be the gist of your post. But I might have misunderstood your meaning.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would like to extend a hand of applause to the 3 pages and members who have contributed to this thread. I was anxious about it getting right out of hand and becoming a mud slinging thread. It feels good to be in like this.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Incidentally, your bias is showing, honey! I didnt see you defending the greater Islam against individual muftis and interpretations of the law. Get an argument, my friend. I have no argument with a closed mind...good day.

No. Your bias is showing. There are no christian programs on TV that tell priests how to molest young boys, or how to harbor a murderer. Because neither the denominations of the the church, nor the government would tolerate it. And in this country, the viewers wouldn't tolerate it either.

But it would seem that though this may be an isolated sect, it's acceptable with the other sects, and their government to air instructions on how to beat your wife. Big difference, "honey". In defense of their citizens though, I doubt they have a say in the matter.

I thought maybe I misunderstood your first post, but I didn't. The closed mind here is yours.

edit on 7/1/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2011 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Lol, their language is very cool. This is all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Incidentally, your bias is showing, honey! I didnt see you defending the greater Islam against individual muftis and interpretations of the law. Get an argument, my friend. I have no argument with a closed mind...good day.

No. Your bias is showing. There are no christian programs on TV that tell priests how to molest young boys, or how to harbor a murderer. Because neither the denominations of the the church, nor the government would tolerate it. And in this country, the viewers wouldn't tolerate it either.

But it would seem that though this may be an isolated sect, it's acceptable with the other sects, and their government to air instructions on how to beat your wife. Big difference, "honey". In defense of their citizens though, I doubt they have a say in the matter.

I thought maybe I misunderstood your first post, but I didn't. The closed mind here is yours.

edit on 7/1/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2011 by Klassified because: spelling

Perhaps you are right. There are no 'programs', on TV that do as you say...but the 'program' of sanctioning pedophilia within the ranks of the church, which is headed, by Il Papa, who frequently has a fair bit to say on selected social issues; and the institute of the confessional which, on a daily basis, hides said murderers and the like (somehow bypassing the legal instrument of the state!), is a well entrenched and subtle 'program' which, i was bringing to your attention in particular.
The means of delivery of the 'program' does not make it any less abhorrent. In fact, it actually leads to the kind of heated debate amongst humans about who is right and who is wrong.
...and from the position at which you and I stand, 200 year old, white, anglo saxon, christian 'democracy'...we can criticize all we like. Look in your own backyard, tend to your own garden, fix your own barrow...Make sure you are not living in a glass house!

Perhaps you are not living in a country 'controlled' by religion, but, try to remove any reference to God in any legal document, court room, Constitution...and see where this gets you...and then come back to me and we can argue the pros and cons of religion and state, separation of 'powers' (interesting placement of this word!), and whether religion controls you, whether you are religious or not!

You are biased and blind, just as i am blinded and biased, having been brought up under the illusion of freedom for all...

If you are a christian, and you believe in the sanctity of human life, this means all human life, not just the western world. Christ was not selective in this way...and niether are the tenets of Islam selective in this way.
The interpretation of the commandment of 'thou shalt not kill' has been bastardised and reinterpreted, or conveniently dismissed to wage a 'holy war', which we have all been party to over the last 20 odd years...i would say that this bastardisation of this commanment in particular, constitutes a 'program'. Who missed this? How many dead in those middle eastern countries - fighters and innocents combined? Have a problem with this 'program'?
Murder, wife bashing, rape, extortion etc etc etc are global problem...they do not only exist in middle eastern countries under the banner of Islam (which is what the OP was insinuating). Sanctioning, and complicity, can be as subtle as turning a blind eye to what is happening where you stand. Unfortunately, it gives us more time, while distracting ourselves, to scan and pull apart our neighbors affairs.

Yes, i am biased to the Word, any Word that makes spiritual sense...whether christian, muslim, buddhist whatever.

The 'ways' of the world can seem very complex - make sure you arent being duped.

Akushla

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we are all being duped. Some of us realize it, and some don't.

Now we are much closer to being on the same page. And I understand where you're coming from.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we are all being duped. Some of us realize it, and some don't.

Now we are much closer to being on the same page. And I understand where you're coming from.

Agreed, my friend

Akushla

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join