It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: how to Beat Your Wife

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
So when do we commence with the stoning for adultery or the non virgins? It is the christen way

Stoning is not a Christian teaching or tenet. That is Judaism, and is old covenant.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Islam doesnt teach to beat your wives! Both men and women are equal. This evil has developed when men bend religion for their own purpose. So please start to distinguish between the two.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well I'm glad we got the PROPER instructions on how to beat I mean "Honor" a wife out to the public.
To think, if I had ever struck my Ex-Wife I would have been doing it all wrong.

Thanks for getting this great public service message out.

Wife Beatings...

edit on 30-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Lately, I've seen a lot of threads sprouting up by new members that seem to be trying to stir up further tensions between Muslims, Christians, and non-believers.

However, this thread is correct! Allah in the Qur'an clearly says a man may beat his wife for disobedience. Islamic apologists try to add on "lightly" to the translation of the wife beating verse, but it does not say "beat lightly."

Islam did help improve the civil rights of Arab women in medieval Arabia, but the improvements are still lacking on the scales of TRUE equality.

Women's testimony is worth half that of a man's. Women inherit a less share, even if they are eldest or first-born. Women may be beaten by their husbands. A woman has no right to say no to sex with her husband, but there are no edicts saying the husband must give sex when the wife wants.

Islam does not promote equality between men and women.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

well its nice to know that you may beat your wife below the head, with a rod but also not to break her teeth or leave visual marks, so i guess the internal bleeding and what have you is an accepted part of putting her in line. As i said, sure glad none of the ats woman seen this post. Then again tourists have been arrested in Saudi Arabia for kissing but that's another can of worms that should not be opened.

British Tourist Jailed for Kissing in Dubai

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Pathetic men performing pathetic acts for a pretend god and prophet. Its sick and twisted.
This is yet another reason why i will never accept or respect any religion.
Anyone that can do this and pretend that its acceptable in their gods eyes is a barbaric disillusional moron.
I cant believe we as Nations of free people are forced to take these idiots into our countries as immigrants.
These people belong in the dark ages along with their primative beliefs.
If i see any of this happening near me, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, look out muslim man. I will show you how to play and even Allah wont be able to help you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well...i for one, am waiting for the thread that explains how pedophilic priests are sanctioned by Christianity, and murderers who confess to a priest in a confessional are not being 'harboured' by Christianity.
He who has not sinned,
Let them cast the first stone.

Akushla

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There's religious-based domestic violence in New Zealand too. Whenever the All Blacks lose a game, domestic violence increases. Rugby is our Religion here, the Pantheon is full of mighty warriors and their deeds.

So, if you're looking for a Primer on wife-beating, look no further than New Zealand, its rugby religion, and the drop kick response to losing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Did no one see a similar thread about Saudi Men being told by their wives "if you whip us we will stab you."

As a woman I have to admit I smiled quietly at what I suspect those two men actually believed was true across the board in Saudi. When one said you can punish her by not sleeping with her I immediately thought, Lets face it, if you have a really bad row are you letting him get into bed with you - not in a million years - dog basket or settee and don't you even think about messing up the guest room, I can swing a mean carpet beater.

On a truthful note though I noticed today a flashing message on one of the sites I was looking at that said the sad fact that every 15 seconds a woman in the USA gets beaten and X time murdered. I don't honestly think any country is immune from a small number of violent men and can say 'men here don't hit their wives' or visa versa.

I would point out that the MEMRI board gaily swinging at the top of the first video is Israeli Military Intelligence and its special Media ops which it operates via 'charity offices' in your area thereby even fiddling paying proper taxes to feed you miss-translations and inflammatory propoganda in order for you to hate Moslems. It was started in 1998 by Yigal Carmlon former Colonel IMI and has 3 Israeli Military Intelligence operatives on its board today I think. The famous Armadinejad speech is worth reading to see what he actually said and their 'fine tuning'.

They do have a stand up comic on board and it is fair to say that on this occasion, whatever their reason for releasing the top video they have provided a very good laugh. "I'll fix her, I'll tell her off, I won't sleep in her bed if that doesn't work, I'll gently tap her somewhere she won't notice it. I know what I will do, I'll marry another or will that merely mean I will have double trouble and have to get 2 gold bracelets
www.guardian.co.uk...:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Have you notice that those guys in the videos are wearing their bedsheets?

They beat wives because they can't beat another man without losing.

Scum - and i mean that in the worse of terms!!

I dislike their ways and their being!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Well...i for one, am waiting for the thread that explains how pedophilic priests are sanctioned by Christianity, and murderers who confess to a priest in a confessional are not being 'harboured' by Christianity.
He who has not sinned,

Akushla

Pedophilic priests are not sanctioned by christianity. They are "sanctioned" by the leaders of the denomination they belong to because they are not immediately defrocked. In this case, I'm guessing you are speaking of the Catholic church. Not all christians are Catholic, and not all Catholics are christians.

Use a laser pointer. Not a scatter gun.
edit on 6/30/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
All things like this will come to an end,.
and the ones that try to hold on to this power will fail,.
evolution will succeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is what these guys say on TELEVISION SHOWS, I can only imagine what they say behind closed doors, in dark smokey rooms where no one but them will hear.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

He who has not sinned,

Akushla

Pedophilic priests are not sanctioned by christianity. They are "sanctioned" by the leaders of the denomination they belong to because they are not immediately defrocked. In this case, I'm guessing you are speaking of the Catholic church. Not all christians are Catholic, and not all Catholics are christians.

Well, excuse me, if i didnt read the OP as you did ; but the subject line is 'Islam. How to beat your wife'?!

I would call this a scatter gun, my friend!
...and i do think that that Il Papas inaction on this front amounts to sancioning. If, as a christian, you disagree with his stance, or as a catholic, you disagree with his stance...protest this!

The OP does not single out individual, practicing, Muslims!
I reflected the scattergun approach back to the OP and was fully expecting to recieve a biased reply.
I am a catholic by birth, and i abhor any of this CRUD. As a Christian, i also abhor this CRUD. In the name of Christianity, Catholicism or Islam.
Akushla

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

He who has not sinned,

Akushla

Well, excuse me, if i didnt read the OP as you did ; but the subject line is 'Islam. How to beat your wife'?!

I would call this a scatter gun, my friend!
...and i do think that that Il Papas inaction on this front amounts to sancioning. If, as a christian, you disagree with his stance, or as a catholic, you disagree with his stance...protest this!

The OP does not single out individual, practicing, Muslims!
I reflected the scattergun approach back to the OP and was fully expecting to recieve a biased reply.
I am a catholic by birth, and i abhor any of this CRUD. As a Christian, i also abhor this CRUD. In the name of Christianity, Catholicism or Islam.
Akushla

Incidentally, your bias is showing, honey!
I didnt see you defending the greater Islam against individual muftis and interpretations of the law.
Get an argument, my friend. I have no argument with a closed mind...good day.
Akushla

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

He who has not sinned,

Akushla

The problem with pedophilia amongst religion regardless of what religion one chooses to point to is as real as the sun and moon. It exists and will exist as humans are susceptible to various illnesses, as for the Catholic church or any religion who harbors or protects those individuals is as guilty as the person who commits the crime. I am not attacking the religion as a whole, for Christianity does not preach pedophilia or the beating of fellow humans. It preaches equality and love towards one another without any reservation of race creed or color, this is the core of our interaction within our society.

We are also well aware that from Christianity many branches have sprouted and have obviously taken advantage of millions of people across the world with false hope in exchange for supplying money to keep the businesses running. But within the majority of christian branches you wont find the acceptance or approval of beating you spouse or partner as a natural and accepted part of its preaches. Although you might pick one or two branches that have sprouted from the original christian teaching's that promote multiple wives and or similar acts but in reality they operate on the fringe aspect of Christianity and once again do not promote the stoning or beating of a wife or fellow human. Perhaps you may point to the age of the crusades, well that was then and we have evolved as a species and as a civilization. This is what i find is missing when i read or hear people related to the videos that i posted. They continue to believe that by inflicting pain upon another human is what thier lord or messiah approves, its simply wrong, its simply the fastest method in creating a unified front that despises those who promote such acts in the name of the lord or what ever lord they represent.

In the process of human advancement we tend to twist and turn and utilize words to allow us a false sense of security that what we do is right. When in actual fact its very simple.... "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" , i somehow cannot see a woman accepting a beating regardless of her beliefs, it simply goes against the very core of human survival, its an instinct reaction that if someone attacks you, then you will attack back, its instinct and its not religion. Given that these woman are being beaten and are unable to respond in the same manner shows how oppressed they are and trapped within a system that benefits one gender rather than both genders.
edit on 1-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting irritated at people continually posting unsavoury proclamations made by some Saudi clerics, and then tarring all Muslims with the views of these crackpots.

Notice how almost all of the ''Muslims are evil'' threads are based on stories from the strict, largely theocratic countries and regions ?

You don't go around judging Christians and Christianity by the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church or the state-endorsed homophobia in Uganda, so why judge Muslims and Islam by a few backwardass control freaks in the Middle East or South Asia ?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting irritated at people continually posting unsavoury proclamations made by some Saudi clerics, and then tarring all Muslims with the views of these crackpots.

Notice how almost all of the ''Muslims are evil'' threads are based on stories from the strict, largely theocratic countries and regions ?

You don't go around judging Christians and Christianity by the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church or the state-endorsed homophobia in Uganda, so why judge Muslims and Islam by a few backwardass control freaks in the Middle East or South Asia ?

Sadly what you have seen in the video's is common and very much accepted by the majority of muslim's that live within those nations, i am not referring to muslims that may have lived all their lives in advanced nations as the laws prohibit such acts and are classified as crimes for a logical reason.
edit on 1-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Sadly what you have seen in the video's is common and very much accepted by the majority of muslim's that live within those nations, i am not referring to muslims that may have lived all their lives in advanced nations as the laws prohibit such acts and are classified as crimes for a logical reason.

I would have to dispute your claim that the ''majority'' of Muslims who live in these countries support attitudes such as those expressed by these Saudi clerics.

Saudi Arabia is an oppressive, theocratic country whose rulers use extreme and selective interpretations of the Qur'an to gain power and control over their people. Just because you don't hear Saudis speaking out against some of the more barbaric practices in their country, does not indicate that they are in support of them. We're talking about a country which has ''religious police''.

People who lived in communist countries didn't necessarily agree with the ideology which they were forced to live under, but they couldn't do anything against it because the consequences of their dissent would have been met harshly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

so why judge Muslims and Islam by a few backwardass control freaks in the Middle East or South Asia ?

Not few, there are hundreds of millions of them, making up a substantial part of muslims in the world. I do think that peaceful muslims should be judged separately, tough.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join