It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you suggest to go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If you're considering Canada, Manitoba and Saskatchewan are the cheapest provinces to live in. The maritimes are cheap too, but the work out there is scarce.

Cost of housing (especially in the rural small towns) and car insurance (especially Manitoba) is waaaaay cheaper than Ontario by a long shot. You can easily by a cute little house in rural Manitoba/Saskatchewan for $40,000-$50,000 CDN. In the cities (Winnipeg, Regina) you can rent a 2 bedroom apartment in a good neighbourhood for around $600-$700/month.

There's also seniors' subsidized housing that's based on your monthly income (I believe it's 27% of your gross ?), rather than a flat rate. My father lived in a small town in Saskatchewan and rented a senior's one bedroom townhouse for $350/month... parking, all appliances, cable, and hydro included. He only had to pay his telephone and heat separately.

For an older couple around your age, quiet rural small town prairie living is the way to go. Small town folks here would happily snap you up in a minute for supplemental income work around town and the local farms.

But keep in mind, prairie winters are not for everyone.

It's a shame when you work hard all your life, save your pennies, abide by the laws, etc. only to end up losing everything right at the time in your life when you should be enjoying the fruits of your labour.

My heart goes out to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Well I did say "if the SHTF!!!!!" does that not mean anything to you? LOL

Don't worry, by the time your little hamlet gets overrun likely it will be by some other faction and the Mexicans will be complaining about the Canadians!

Open yourself to Loss and then open your Heart and you will find there is a place for everyone because we are all people (humans/earthlings) above all else. The Loss is inevitable at this point.

The Rainbow Tribe will unite no matter who does or says what! A new World will emerge, just not a NWO based on elitist control.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

The Rainbow Tribe will unite no matter who does or says what! A new World will emerge, just not a NWO based on elitist control.

Time will tell what will emerge...and unfortunately I'm not part of a quaint little hamlet...yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You can live for free in Slab City.
About 80 miles south of Palm Springs,Ca.
65 degrees in the winter, but windy.
No facilities but water and gas available
a few miles away at Niland,Ca.
Even has a free hot spring for bathing.
edit on 1-7-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Do you believe in fate?

I ask because - yesterday was the first time I really thought about Canada as a destination. After reading this thread and all the wonderful comments on this neighbor. I did some research, looked at some areas and real estate pricing.

This morning we met with our BK lawyer - guess what.......He is moving to Canada!!

I (try) to look for "the SIGNS of life" to help guide me in my living experience. When he said - yes HE brought it up we did't even mention it - I almost fell off my chair!

Different Topic - - - -

He also HINTED at (member of the court system or some-such and can't say anything outright) that it would be wise to take all monies out of the bank and invest in land or gold.

This is off topic BUT I would LOVE to hear your views on this - today and banks and what to do with any monies you may have.....

Crap = What the H is going on! I (kinda sorta) figured the rumors about "Money" were just inflated rumors.......

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
He also HINTED at (member of the court system or some-such and can't say anything outright) that it would be wise to take all monies out of the bank and invest in land or gold.

This is off topic BUT I would LOVE to hear your views on this - today and banks and what to do with any monies you may have.....

That's what I've been doing... gold, silver, food, land, guns... anything that holds it's value. I do not measure my wealth in dollars anymore (and try to trade them for real goods as soon as possible).

You know what else is a good investment... chickens, I just bought a whole bunch and soon I'll have more eggs than my famile and extended family could ever eat. Money in the bank does not = security, food in the belly does.

Canada is nice, I live in Maine but that's practically eastern Canada.
edit on 1-7-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join