It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
whether it be a last resort or not, imma keep on practicing avoiding the cops

whose actually worst? the cops or the gangs?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DN38416
reply to post by Blaine91555

Actually i believe you believe that . I am 39 years old don't do drugs or anythg criminal. I just think you are the perfect government employee, and part of the problem along with a brainwashed society who refuse to think critically. So Am i an acception to the rule ? or is my outspoken critisism the crime I am guilty of? And way to go throwing the racial Jew card in there. Derailing the topic? or just trolling?

If you are foolish enough to think any society can survive without laws and law enforcement I don't know what to say. It does not take a genius to know what it would be like without them. I've seen it first hand in out of the way villages in Mexico. Anarchy means the person with the best weapons and biggest gang rules and they are far worse than any Cop could ever be.

If you're law abiding, non-violent and peaceful, good for you and I mean that with all honesty.

If you think I'm a government employee simply because I'm rational, perhaps you need to do some soul searching. I employ between 7 and 9 people and my business supports their families. The only person I answer to is myself. Last year two of my employees made more than I did. Judge not .... well you know the rest of that.

Peace Brother, read my signature to know me.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Actually, I have a disabled son. If this happened to him I would kill each and every one of the cops involved without any mercy what so ever. Law be damned.

Actually, if you did it to defend your son's life, you wouldn't need to damn the Law, the Law is on your side.

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).
Your Right of Defense Against Illegal Arrest

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I first read about this this morning on the Alex Jones website.....made me sick to the stomach!

Thanks for the updates (page 1) to the readers re the law suit. Heads up to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Most police are goons or thugs that were either bullied or liked to bully in their youth. Deep thought and introspection is not a pre requisite to being a cop.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm so sick over hearing about cops that think that they're God and can do anything they want without any thought of consequence. I hope the family takes the officers involved and the department and city for every dime. I hate lawyers, but sometimes it's the only way to get through to some people that they can't treat people like this and not be held accountable.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
OK, so these cops made a mistake, we all do. And we all pay for them as these cops should. I hope they at the very least lose their jobs and are banned from law enforcement for life. They could have killed this kid like the cops did here in Maryland.

www.hometownannapolis.com...

I am sorry, I have to disagree, so since they could have potentially killed him, but did not, you say Ok so these cops made a mistake, we all do. or are you being sarcastic?

if your not then your mistake and my type of mistakes very greatly.
It is one thing to unknowingly make a mistake and knowingly make a mistake,

If this was your child what would you be saying then? There is mistakes, then there is this, the cops KNEW what they were doing, they were told repeatedly that the kid was mentally handicapped and had no idea what was going on. YET they continued and also called for backup? seriously?

I have some questions that go beyond this case and is not directed at you RedParrotHead, but this is for anyone who can answer it, unless you can answer it

When do you as a person in a position with authority feel it is OK to use excessive force, feel that you are above it all. When does it become you vs them. aren't we all living in the United States? Did you not take an oath to protect and serve? so when did it become be abusive and lack of control?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
what can we do? 1. we can fight to ban unions for public servants(how it was originaly). think about the political power for city elections if you can get the unions vote, how do you get the unions vote? give them what they want ussually too much pay and too much protection hard to fire anyone in a union. 2. police should not be allowed to police the police! in a system of checks and balances its unconstituional.getting any public servant union job wether its police, fire, dpw, or teachers(im sure theres more) is known as a gravy job that gives a wicked pension benefits and more days off than anyone in the private sector can imagine. no private company could stay in business paying employees like that. of course this is one of the reasons we the people are going bankrupt,military,medicaid,social security are huge problems as well but look at what we pay some of these union jobs its so unrealistic(dont forget days off,pensions and automatic double time pay) youd think they would treat us alot nicer considering we havent taken away their unions.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What on earth was the premise for stopping him to begin with? And since when is being disrespectful against the law?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We need to name and shame the officers involved in this. Deterrent hopefully for the next time.

Officer Willie Hooper
edit on 30-6-2011 by Shirak because: To add the criminal officers name

"Once inside the house, defendant Hooper and defendant Howard began to struggle with Jesse, who was standing against the back door with his hands up in front of his face, saying 'Please quit, please quit.' "On numerous occasions, Ford and a family friend, Christopher Peyton, informed Officer Hooper that Jesse was mentally challenged/handicapped, and that Jesse did not understand what was happening," the complaint states. But the mom says the cops continued their assault: "Officer Howard utilized his Cap-Stun pepper spray and sprayed Jesse ... [and] struck Jesse with a closed fist in the upper chest area. "Officer Howard utilized his ASP and repeatedly struck Jesse in the upper left side of his left thigh. "Back-up units were requested to Jesse's house, wherein upward of 20 police officers from different jurisdictions were present. "At no point, even after being advised of Jesse's mental challenge/handicap by Jesse's family and numerous bystanders, did defendant Hooper, defendant Howard, or any other police officer present, attempt to communicate with Jesse or explain in terms he could understand as to why Jesse was being chased. "Jesse was handcuffed and hogtied before being placed in the back of a police cruiser.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Shirak because: To add more to the story

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MustangDesigns

It's getting a lot worse. Fear has set in those men's hearts, it's only a matter of time before they lose it.

The teen is innocent, and he didn't have to be tasered, he has a problems speaking which means he doesn't have to be hurt for something that he developed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by DN38416
reply to post by Blaine91555

Actually i believe you believe that . I am 39 years old don't do drugs or anythg criminal. I just think you are the perfect government employee, and part of the problem along with a brainwashed society who refuse to think critically. So Am i an acception to the rule ? or is my outspoken critisism the crime I am guilty of? And way to go throwing the racial Jew card in there. Derailing the topic? or just trolling?

If you are foolish enough to think any society can survive without laws and law enforcement I don't know what to say. It does not take a genius to know what it would be like without them. I've seen it first hand in out of the way villages in Mexico. Anarchy means the person with the best weapons and biggest gang rules and they are far worse than any Cop could ever be.

If you're law abiding, non-violent and peaceful, good for you and I mean that with all honesty.

If you think I'm a government employee simply because I'm rational, perhaps you need to do some soul searching. I employ between 7 and 9 people and my business supports their families. The only person I answer to is myself. Last year two of my employees made more than I did. Judge not .... well you know the rest of that.

Peace Brother, read my signature to know me.

Where did i say that there should be anarchy? All i said is that people are inherently good people and there are certain things that everyone knows is wrong. If it feels wrong, looks wrong,chances are what you are doing is wrong. That does'nt take a genious either. Also the people that are suffering the most in the world are those that cannot defend themselves, like i said if everyone was armed the criminals would surely be weeded out. The amount of good people in the world far outnumber the bad. It is just that the ones who make the laws need you to think you need them out of fear. And thats all i get from you're replies is that you are afraid of the criminals ect. And i did read you're signature. Did not MLK, Jesus, and Ghandi not all suffer due to their denying the very LAWS that they were subject to?And the injustices carried out by the LEO's of their times? That's a pretty bold signature since all you're beliefs go against what they stood for!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I hope these department gets sued for abusing power.

The only good pig is a dead one slowly boiled in a stew. (talking about food )

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Have you ever been in a situation where you hope a story is wrong or that there is a legitimate alternate story?

The op made me feel distinctly ill. If that news story that was sourced was a reasonable portrayal of what went down, those men should lose their jobs, be sued personally and spend time in jail on the other side of the bars.

I haven't read all 9 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked, but has anyone found any other reports of this incidence that offers a counter viewpoint?

Eric

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojack
whether it be a last resort or not, imma keep on practicing avoiding the cops

Gangs give you a chance to talk.

The Government goons just jump on you automatically no matter what you say.

So I would have to vote the gangs are safer. This is from experience.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Its things like this that reflect on the WHOLE Police Departments / Sheriff departments in a whole.

Officers wonder why do people hate us so bad .... things like this reflect on your entire Mirror of the Judicial system , one thing will affect ALL of you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojack

Neither. I've been confronted by a group of cops, and a group of about 25 Bloods before (never give the finger to a group of Bloods, even if they ARE running their mouths) and I couldn't really tell you a difference. Didn't get my ass beat in either situation, though.
edit on 6/30/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh wow, this happened on June 25th? I knew something was going to happen that day.. that is the day Michael Jackson died. Alot of other big names have died that day, or on the 25th of any month period. It has to do with the occult.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Uhm yeah.. If the info is correct then the officers involved in that need to be fired and the ones who arent need to go back through training.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sure there are scum bags that law enforcement deal with on a daily basis and force is applicable in many situations but you would also believe common sense and experience would dictate when such instances would deem such actions as necessary. Has the world come to an end where common sense and simply communicating in a calm manner to ascertain and risk assess the situation have been replaced with barbarism and insanity?

As a person in a law enforcement role, Such actions are almost never deemed necessary. I can't think of a time when i've ever felt the need to go to such lengths. People respond amazingly well when you give them facts of the situation and you treat them respectfully and in such an instance understanding on both sides goes a long way if you absolutely need to communicate with a person in such a position of frailty then you find their guardian to help with closing that communication boundary it's just that simple.

Maybe i'm one of those few people who still has common sense.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join