It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
the world is becoming quite strange,the whole matrix of control is starting to be exposed because the human spirit has had enough and wants to become free.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What does and doesn't surprise me is the fact that after a check of all the TV station news sites and the d.d.n. (Dayton Daily News)didn't say a word about till after the lawsuit was filed . I cannot find one not one mention of this story not one . I live near Dayton , and hadn't even heard a peep about it until I found it here ! Journalism is at an all time low no matter where you go!
All the news... We want you to have
edit on 13-7-2011 by gcmatt30 because: finishing a sentence airheaded tonight!LOL!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Dayton Daily News Coverage

Didn't see this link posted yet, adds a little more to the whole story.

According to the police incident report, Hooper first saw the boy, later identified as Kersey, riding his bike the wrong way down on Andrews Street. When Kersey spotted the police cruiser, he started riding on the sidewalk. When Hooper yelled for Kersey to stop, the boy took off up St. Paul Avenue, dumping his bike in front of his house.

I hope this doesn't seem like support for the people who claim the kid was put up to this... Even if that were the case two grown officers should be able to subdue the boy with their bare hands.

Finding the front door locked, Kersey turned on Hooper, who had mounted the front porch to issue Kersey a bicycle citation, and began to struggle, according to the police report. “Kersey started swinging his arms at Officer Hooper and yelling in an unintelligible language,” according to the police report. An attempt to Tase the struggling boy, who was described as 6-foot-1 and 160 pounds, was unsuccessful.

I personally think the story issued by the officers is about as over exaggerated as the one made by the boy's mother. In either story the cops look like the bad guys.

According to Edwards’ report, Kersey said “he was not sure why he ran from the officer, but believed he was scared. He stated he wanted to go home, and the officer would not let him.” Kersey was later released from the hospital and taken to the Montgomery County Juvenile Justice Center.

A report exonerated Hooper and Howard of any wrongdoing.

The report also concluded that the mother and family friend “delayed the arrest and caused an unsafe condition.” The mother, who went by the name of Pamela Thompson at the time, was charged and convicted of resisting arrest and obstructing official business in Dayton Municipal Court.

Then there is this...

The family friend was convicted of resisting arrest and given a 90-day sentence, with 78 days suspended. He also was fined, which has yet to be paid.

At the end of the day, as far as the justice system is concerned, the only perp. here was an adult who tried to do (what most of us would consider) the right thing.

We can argue all day about abuse of authority, or scam attempts, but lets just stick to this one incident.

new topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join