It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police "mistook" handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered,

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

It is a crying shame that it has come to this but those days are over.

The police no longer serve the average citizen. I myself do not like to accuse all police of corruption and bully tactics as some are great cops.

However, American citizens are now the prey, from police, military and any other authorive agency.

Your rights are now on borrowed time and if anything you are now officially property of the Corporation that is the United States of America LLC.

But now the time is to not take it. You have weapons and are used to using them. Stop killing each other and start protecting each other from the real threat to your safety.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Now for this exercise replace the topic at hand, "cops", with a race, sexual orientation or religion of your choice. Not so fun to jump on the bandwagon now is it?

You make some valid points; however, (and I'm sure others might have already pointed this out because of the obvious flaw of your statement) a cop is a cop because he/she chooses to be a cop. Race, gender, sexual orientation is NOT a choice.

I'm really trying (lol) not to be insulted by the overly weak argument in your above statement. Cheers.
edit on 30-6-2011 by empireoflizards because: Structure.

edit on 30-6-2011 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
nooo not Timmy!! LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The police in the USA seem to be getting more and more oppressive

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Pathetic excuse for a cop. I have seen so many videos of cop beating kids, tasered innocents, beating American soldiers etc what more can you ask me?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think at this point I speak for many when I say "Those with the real authority issues are the ones in authority".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd92

And the stereotypes people apply seem to be getting more and mor ridculous. Its not all cops, please try and remeber that.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

We recently had an officer here in Orlando,Florida who was fired,charged with aggravated battery and arrested for hospitalizing a teen who was "resisting arrest" Its about time....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm used to the police in Australia where if you haven't done anything wrong you can actually approach and have a conversation with them, here a cop is your semi friend, their corrupt as hell but understand you have to at least put on a face to the public. However the more and more i read of these cops in the US the more i realise they really aren't there to protect or serve. How can they preach human rights so loudly and still ignore there own backyard?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scaledown
I'm used to the police in Australia...

Like this ex-cop that tried to blow the whistle on his co-workers beating up drunks?

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Steroids. And they need to be drug tested once a month for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is unbelievable, I cannot fathom what went through the cops head besides "I'll get away with it". Disgusting is what this is.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Darce

Steroids. And they need to be drug tested once a month for them.

We are subject to random drug testing at anytime. Not really sure where you get the idea steroids are being all of this.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
We only have one side of the story based on what the mother claims to have happened. She's also looking to make a huge amount of money from the allegations.

I'd hold fire until the whole truth comes out.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Like this ex-cop that tried to blow the whistle on his co-workers beating up drunks?

www.abc.net.au...

Queensland cops, that explains it

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I think that when a cop abuses the public and the city has to pay damages, the damage amount should come out of the salaries of all the cops on the force, proportional to their pay, i.e., higherups pay more.

That would give them incentive to root out the "bad apples" and to abide by the laws themselves.
edit on 30-6-2011 by apacheman because: sp

Yes exactly; well said

Just another reason that they think they can get away with this abuse

The conniving Gestapo know that the public tax fund pays for their horrendous abuse and atrocities

Instead they should be personally responsible IMO (For the payed damages, Or sentencing(charges))

Lets hit the core of the problem.

Although i like your idea too

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MustangDesigns

DAYTON, Ohio (CN) - Dayton police "mistook" a mentally handicapped teen-ager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered, pepper-sprayed and beat him and called for backup from "upward of 20 police officers" after the boy rode his bicycle home to ask his mother for help, the boy's mom says.

Courthouse News Service

Seriously? Really? How do you even do this? What kind of human being do you have to be to even attempt to try something like this. Unforgivable. Let me tell you something, even IF this kid wasn't handicapped, and even IF he was being "disrespectful" to the Officer by mocking him, I don't believe that gives the Officer authority to chase him down, pepper-spray and Taser him. The police force are given entirely too much control and power. If I was that Officer I'd be so ashamed of myself. Grrrr.... I don't want to turn this in to a rant!

Every time I read something like this, it always begs to me the question; What can I do to help? or What can WE do to prevent the Police from abusing their power.

You Americans, this is not a nice thing, but not that crazy really!

I am from Pretoria, South Africa... Let me tell you something that happened here earlier this year.
A woman from Johannesburg was in her car in front of a police station. When she tried to drive into a parking space, she bumped the policecar in front of her (not a huge bump, minute...like...oops...sorry!). The car guard outside looking after the cars in the street, called a police officer from inside the police station building to help. This police officer got next to the car, pulled out his firearm and shot the lady...DEAD

Article
edit on 1-7-2011 by GerhardSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by theshepherd92

And the stereotypes people apply seem to be getting more and mor ridculous. Its not all cops, please try and remeber that.
You got to understand though, how hard it is to do that sometimes. I mean, 20 cops got called to this, and none of them stepped in to sort this dodgy cop out? To me, that speaks volumes about the type of person who is in the police force. If any one of those men or women, had a tiny bit of good in them, they'd have stopped this kid from being tazered, pepper sprayed and beaten. But they didn't. I do not know to what extent they were involved, but they didn't stop anything from happening, which is very worrying.

Oh, and as a side note, I've seen people on here from the US use the term "peace officer" and until I read the article in the opening post, I thought they were all being ironic
(cos it is rather ironic)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

www.abc.net.au...

Queensland cops, that explains it

Indeed. That was my Uncle and I am proud of the fact he was a good guy and tried to do his part in outing the scumbag element in the force. Shame it had to end with him leaving and losing all respect for cops.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
look people .. this sh#t has gone on since the begining of time. Things arent getting any worse, its just being brought to the publics attention more often. So to all of you people who think this kind of thing is new WAKE UP

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join